How to protect yourself against copying long trades from the tester - page 7

Dmitry Fedoseev:
Tried it now. It's working. Tried it in MT4 in tester, in expert.
Then this is the way out, which was suggested on the first page of the thread. There the author answered that WebRequest is not executed in the tester.

Dmitry Fedoseev:
Tried it now. It's working. Tried it in MT4 in the tester, in the expert.
Then it is the most reliable solution.

There is a catch. In the hosts file we can make a redirect.

Dmitry Fedoseev:
But the protocol for communicating with the server can be hidden or encrypted. What good would it do if an attacker were to spoof the server because they wouldn't know how to communicate with the software.

Vasiliy Sokolov:
But the protocol for communicating with the server can be hidden or encrypted. What good would it do if an attacker were to spoof the server, because he would not know how to communicate with the program.
Something has to be invented.

Vasiliy Sokolov:

The problem is not as simple as it may first appear. The following can be suggested (follow the thought):

1. For the first run, the Expert Advisor trades in the strategy tester before the date of protection into it (or a month before that date, conditions are at the author's discretion).

Yes, this seems to me to be a good option. In my opinion, we should not even take the file, but use a global variable. Into it we encrypt the date of the last quote in the tester.

When we start it in the tester, we read that global variable and process ticks either to the date, which is rigidly written in the EA (if there is no global variable) or to the month before the encrypted date, but we still get ticks and update the global variable according to the latest tick.

Thank you, I will try this variant, I like it very much.

Dmitry Fedoseev:

The fact that WebRequest doesn't work in the tester - I only got that from the help, I haven't tried requesting data.

Redirecting in the hosts file is useless, while having to respond to requests. That is, the amount of work is significantly different - whether it's just moving the time forward, or arranging a cheat through a fake time server.

Also I don't like WebRequest precisely because of additional resolution actions. No, variant as proposed by Vasiliy Sokolov seems to me the most promising.

George Merts:

No, the option as suggested by Vasiliy Sokolov seems to me the most promising.

The foolproof option, if you want, can be circumvented by changing the time in the history file bars...

Honestly, guys, I think you should have started the discussion on this topic for nothing. I think a lot of people didn't even think it was possible to do that before, and here you've discussed it all and given people a great idea and a way to implement how not to pay for advisers working on older TFs.

Alexandr Bryzgalov:
Fool's protection, if you want it can be bypassed by changing the time in the history bar file...

This is a far cry from being stupid or lazy)).

Imagine how much fiddling would have to be done:

1. Write a script which replaces the times of the bars in the history.

2. disconnect from the internet, so that the new real bars are not mixed with the substituted ones.

3. Run the script, substituting the times.

4. Start testing. Get the direction of the trade.

5. Run the script to return the bar times to normal.

6. Connect to the Internet.

This is not a "freebie" anymore...

Reason: