Testing the new MQL5 compiler for x64 platforms - 2 to 10 times faster calculations! - page 13

Another good improvement in the visual strategy test mode - the speed slider now works correctly and predictably.

Renat Fatkhullin:

Improvements are sure to come.

Has anyone already tested debugging on history in strategy tester?

Tried standard Moving Average.ex5 - does not work (tried OHLC, every tick generating )

Its simple backtest without debugging on (build 1114) does not work either

Files:
20150508.log  30 kb

unreal:

Tried standard Moving Average.ex5 - it doesn't work (tried OHLC, every tick generating )

A simple backtest doesn't work either, without debugging on (build 1114)

For steps:

1. You have to set up correctly the environment for testing in the editor:

2. In the terminal settings of the tester set the correct parameters

3. Set breakpoints, compile code

4. Run it with Ctrl+F5 (Debug -> Start on historical data) and get this

I've done it again with Moving Average and it works.

Increase the size of the window - you most likely have a parameter optimization mode, not a single pass.

Optimisation is disabled, the rest is the same, the debugging itself seems to work, but how to check if it works correctly if there are such messages and can't test the expert:

Files:
20150508.log  56 kb

unreal:

Optimization is disabled, I did the same, debugging itself seems to work, but how can I check if it works correctly if there are such messages and I cannot test expert:

Why are you stubbornly trying to ignore the fact that you do not even have working symbols, although the entire log is full of error messages, including zero volumes?

Are you trying to test forex instruments on a ruble trading account without having conversion rates in the balance currency (ruble)?

Are you sure there is a connection to the trading server or the test is running without any connection? According to the logs, you can see that there is no connection to the trading server and there is no possibility to get conversion rates or history of charts of the required instruments.

Renat Fatkhullin:

Why do you stubbornly try to ignore the fact that you don't even have working symbols, even though the entire log is full of error messages, including zero volumes?

Are you trying to test forex instruments on the ruble account without having conversion rates in the balance currency (ruble)?

Are you sure there is a connection to the trading server or the test was run without any connection? According to the logs, you can see that there is no connection to the trading server and there is no possibility to get conversion rates or history of charts of the required instruments.

The connection to the trade server is MetaQuotes-Demo.

I added USDRUR and EURRUR to view, the error - (Symbols no prices for symbol USDRUR) disappeared.

I looked through EURRUR symbol, error (no prices for symbol EURRUR) there is a chart till 2013.03.06 - H1, it means that it does not help me to test it?

I have to connect to another server?

Which server would be better to connect to?

unreal:

Communication with the trade server - MetaQuotes-Demo.

USDRUR and EURRUR were added to view, the error (Symbols no prices for symbol USDRUR) disappeared.

I looked through EURRUR symbol, error (no prices for symbol EURRUR) there is a chart till 2013.03.06 - H1, it means that it does not help me to test it?

I have to connect to another server?

Which server would you better connect to?

Why are you testing on a ruble account and making the tester do much more work, while simulating the conversion rates in the base currency, in order to have accurate calculations?

Open a forex account, not a ruble moex. Why bang your head against the wall, especially knowing that EURRUR is completely empty and has no current prices or history at all.

Renat Fatkhullin:

Why are you testing on a ruble account and making the tester do many times the work, while running simulations of conversion rates to the base currency, so that there are accurate calculations?

Open a forex account, not a ruble moex. Why bang your head against the wall, especially when you know that EURRUR is completely empty and there are no current prices or history for it at all.

I see, thank you.

When I openedMetaQuotes-Demo account I saw the possibility to choose moex, so I thought it would be possible to test it, but it hasn't been done.

The debugging works fine, it would be good to have a choice of testing start by hours and minutes in the tester.

unreal:

I see, thank you.

When I opened the demoMetaQuotes-Demo account I saw the moex option, so I logically thought it would be possible to test it, but it's not yet.

The debugging works well. It would be good to have a choice of testing starts by hours and minutes in the tester.

This can be done by specifying the debugging start condition.

if(TimeCurrent()>=D"2015.01.12 12:42:23")DebugBreak();

unreal:

I see, thank you.

When I opened the demoMetaQuotes-Demo accountI saw the moex option, so I logically thought it would be possible to test it, but it's not yet.

The debugging works fine, it would be good to have a possibility to start testing by hours and minutes in the tester.

Sorry, I didn't look carefully - it's an option.

Thank you.

Nikolay Demko:

It can be done by prescribing the debugging start condition.

if(TimeCurrent()>=D'2015.01.12 12:42:23')DebugBreak();
Reason: