a trading strategy based on Elliott Wave Theory - page 5

The flow of free consciousness is the essence of Gestalt therapy :)

The only thing I can agree on is that<br/ translate="no">
None of the existing theories can
satisfactorily describe the market.

This is absolutely true!

"One can be absolutely certain that one cannot be absolutely certain of anything" - if this statement is true, then it is thereby false :). Let me ask you a question: what about your theory - either it doesn't exist or it doesn't work ? - rhetorical question.

And if you really represent what you are trying to portray,
then I think you are familiar with the basic theories.
And it's silly to deny that technical analysis doesn't work at all, that trends
are not confined to channel boundaries, and that Fibonacci numbers are not pivot points, etc.

You don't like cats? Yes, you just don't know how to cook them :). About that analysis you are mistaken and quite seriously so. Sorry, what you have said is like judging the profession of a car mechanic by a set of keys or an engineer by a drawing board. Closer, it is like judging a set of paints on a designer's qualification. Nothing personal - just an observation.

And with your approach in the rest I completely agree. There's just one thing: a person standing on the roof can't see everything that's visible from the ground floor - there's a certain "blind spot" for each horizon and the higher the horizon, the farther one can see, but the worse one can see what's closest to him, i.e. the wider the zone. And one more thing: using something from mathematics, you can get quantitative estimates for both price and time ;). And matstatistics will give you the ability to quantify the probability of an event. All this is also a technical analysis (and not just a set of indicators, as many propagandists try to show - everything is much more complicated and simpler at the same time :)) ). What I personally dislike about Elliott - the lack of quantitative estimates: therefore there can be no reliable tests based on history - only a general approach. Because today a trader considers one model that worked yesterday, though there were many of them yesterday. That is the "yesterday's model" and the "today's model" are two different models. And the price movement trajectory, nevertheless, follows the only possible way (hypothesis ;) ).

Good luck and good trends. Regards, Vladislav (VG).

"You're going the right way, comrades!"

Dear Alex Niroba, I would even say dear !
I am really not a programmer. If you think that using MQL4 for personal purposes makes me a programmer, you either have too high an opinion of MQL4 or too low an opinion of programmers. But this is your personal opinion.
Alex, you made me re-read my posts. Well, I didn't give you any advice.
I only doubted that your statement is true. And your answers didn't dispel my doubts. Of course, it's my own. But then why did you answer at all? To confirm that you really have this strategy ? And that's why you gave the beautiful image of the man on the roof. Bravo, that's an information systems expert.
Well, maybe you really climbed on the roof, maybe you really managed to cover the horizon, and maybe you even managed to create something whole, unified from it. Then you have learned the nature of the market, you now know the basic laws by which it operates. Not the ones that are described in books, but something fundamentally new, fundamental. Let's say that's true. Why then do you say that "a little by little you get an effective strategy"? Or do you see no difference between a new, more general theory and a compilation of old ones? Then your gestalt suffers from a lack of integrity. :-)
If you made a good compilation of known theories (which is also possible), then you would need considerable computational resources, millions of test runs, deep optimization and much more to determine the role, place, weight, etc. of each piece. Manually, on a calculator, you just can't do such things.
As a wise man once said, "There is nothing in the world that is not known, there are only stages of knowledge. <br/ translate="no"> Everyone stands on a certain level depending on their development.
Yurixx, I have deep respect for you, I don't even feel comfortable commenting on your quote, I think if you delve into the sage's statements you will understand why.

You wrote this in response to my statement that your statement
There is nothing complicated about it, just gather a little bit from different theories and you will get an effective strategy.

is a fallacy. I'm willing to repeat it again. Notice above I allowed that you did, but only at the cost of climbing on the roof. Are you suggesting that there's nothing difficult about it, that everyone can do it ? Then it probably would have been done before you. And since no one has managed to do it, I will tell you frankly: dear Alex, you underestimate yourself.
I do not know why you need to refer to a wise man. Oh yes, I got it ! :-)
To claim that you are on a higher plane of knowledge than I am !
You certainly underestimate it.

Alex, don't rush to answer me. Our quarrel is just an exercise in logic and wit.
If you want to convince somebody in something on this forum, give at least one concrete answer to questions of forum visitors. At least post your statement.
If you don't want to, then feel free to write your diploma in peace and do not think about what others think of you.
And in any case, do not divulge your strategy !!! Not even in the slightest !!!
If God forbid this happens, FOREX will cease to exist. At least as an instrument of speculative money making. You do not want that, do you ? :-)

So why will Forex cease to exist? It will just change its character.

So why would Forex cease to exist? It will just change its character.

Exactly right. I meant the way it is now.
And what will be its character then I dare not even guess.

$-)

$-)

And if you dig into the data you have received, on the 1st floor, there is a high probability <br/ translate="no"> that you will end up confused and not see the big picture.
I wish you good luck and good trends.

Sincerely,
Alexey

Hi Alexey.
What I don't do is digging in minutes: all intraday periods are normalized to daily ones ;) (I only trade medium-term trends). I do not use zigzags and Elliott, I use matstatistics and Murray. The accuracy of reversal point calculation sometimes borders on mysticism :).

Good luck and interesting trends. Vladislav (VG).

The accuracy of calculating pivot points sometimes borders on mysticism :). <br / translate="no"> Good luck and good trends. Vladislav (VG).

The trump word is "sometimes" ;).
Reason: