a trading strategy based on Elliott Wave Theory - page 11

I read your discussion with interest, and with even more interest because the methods you use are very close to me by virtue of my professional occupation. Allow me to make a small contribution. <br / translate="no">
I don't use smoothing algorithms - they all lag behind

Try the DCT-conversion with a diffraction core - smoothes very well, no lag at all. IMHO, it works better than traditional LCF. Below are some pieces of C++ code. The way to use it, I think, is clear from comments.

Thanks - I'll give it a try.

Good luck and hit the trends.

Alexjou, please show me, for comparison, smoothing by ordinary muvin and DCT, with the same "window" and on the same slice of chart. I.e. a picture in the studio :) I believe this is the highest quality test.

I can't do it with exactly the same parameters, as there is no one-to-one correspondence. With parameters that are close to each other, I can try.

Beautiful DCT gravure, but there is an assumption that it is so beautifully post-factum. Or am I wrong?

Beautiful gravik DCT, but there's an assumption that it's so beautiful post-factum. Or am I wrong?

In general it is correct. The problem is that in order to draw it, we must each time recalculate the entire array of a given number of bars, i.e. IndicatorCounted will not work. The question is how to correctly draw this calculated array afterwards, in order not to correct the history after the fact? If we redraw the whole array, it will correct the history. If we redraw only the last bars, the entire beauty will be lost :(((( It all looks especially impressive in a separate window.
I think if TC's methodology explicitly requires recalculation of arrays (like Vladislav's, as far as I understood his ideas), this drawback will not be very significant.

If one redraws the whole thing, one will tweak the history, if one redraws only the last bars, all the beauty is lost :(((( It all looks especially impressive in a separate window. <br/ translate="no"> I think if the TC methodology explicitly requires recalculation of arrays (as I understood Vladislav's ideas), this drawback will not be very significant.

Whoa, whoa...
What's the use of all this?
It's not a question of who is the best post-facto artist:).

The question is whether the given methodology allows one to get an indication of the solution with a high probability of success.
According to my understanding of the physics of the process the tip of this beautiful curve will wiggle back and forth with every tick, alternately depicting extremum and lack of it.
The drawing is meaningful if it shows the "trace" of the end of the (ex post facto beautiful) line.
I do not think this trace will differ significantly from the MA.
You will either get a lag or a twitch.

Exactly... Even worse: "the tip of this beautiful curve" after differentiation alternately crosses zero, then it does not. For me, the fact of a stable zero crossing in a certain corridor is extremely important. Since I work with fully formed bars, I only recalculate the indicator on them - as a palliative. In my excuse, I can only say that I've seen somewhere (unfortunately, I can't recall where exactly) a description of an indicator with an adaptive LCF generator built in it. The generated filter varied depending on the price behaviour and, as I remember, it recalculated the entire array of bars. Since there was no source code, I didn't download the demo version. They wanted a lot of money for a fully functional one.

And by the way. I would be very grateful if someone could explain the meaning and the use of the SetIndexDrawBegin(...) function.
The reference reads:
<br / translate="no"> void SetIndexDrawBegin( int index, int begin)

Sets the number of the bar in the chart, which should be used to start drawing the specified indicator line. Indicator array values with an index less than the specified bar number will not be drawn in the chart and displayed in the DataWindow. The default value is 0.

"No matter how many times I experimented with it, I never got any results visible in the charts. Suppose I set "specified bar number" equal to 10. Question: where should it not be drawn - before this bar (i.e. from +Inf to it) or after it (i.e. from it to 0)? For some reason it is drawn everywhere. And how can the index be less than zero set by default, unless, of course, one is trying to look into the future in the MT coordinate system? Maybe I'm missing something?

And by the way. I would be very grateful if someone could explain the meaning and use of the SetIndexDrawBegin(...) function
In a neighbouring thread. "Can't figure out how to paint the indicator"
Neep 13.03.06 20:56.
Just this function is useful.
Reason: