a trading strategy based on Elliott Wave Theory - page 200

solandr
I am also experimenting, but so far only manually and on a demo account.

It's strange, but I haven't seen the description of the strategy I'm using anywhere in the Internet before
, although there is nothing complicated about it and you can intuitively "get there" by yourself...

I'm only now beginning to understand that I'm a long way away from writing a "working" indicator
and, moreover, an Expert Advisor... :)))
There are a lot of bugs and gaps that will need to be addressed and refined...
Yeah, one thing I can say is that it's hard to "fight" 20 currency pairs hand-to-hand:))))

solandr
I am also experimenting, but so far only manually and on a demo account.
I'm just now beginning to realise that there's still a long way to go before I can write a "working" indicator
and even more so an Expert Advisor... :)))
There are a lot of bugs and gaps, which will need to be eliminated and refined...
Yeah, one thing I can say is that it's hard to "fight" 20 currency pairs hand-to-hand:))))

I'm experimenting with the mini-account on the real account on the smallest lot. Well, sometimes it may happen that I've improved an EA and made some technical mistake, which is quite possible for a 223kB EA in an ex4 file, and then I get a few wrong open/closed orders for which I get a real money penalty. But I think it encourages some kind of care and singularity in the decisions you make. That is, I will not check a bullshit order for my small and meaningless money! Well, the accuracy of decisions in the Expert Advisor is tested immediately with my own money. I think it's useful, otherwise it would be impossible to move to real money ever. I'd rather lose 1 real dollar a day than play demo games for millions. Alex, try mini real. You've got a very impressive result from penultimate post! Psychology is automatically trained on real money. And if you are good at it, your psychology will also gradually adapt to larger stakes. I think the amount of deposit a trader is able to manage is determined solely by their psychology. If a trader is allowed to manage the deposit amounting to dozens of thousands of USD while the equity may amount to 10000USD, you must agree that one cannot succeed without good psychological preparation and confidence in the correctness of one's decisions, right?

<br / translate="no"> there should be only one indicator, and it should work equally on all currency pairs and on all timeframes. Why create an indicator that works only on EUR/USD, for example, and only on H1 timeframe?

How can you be so confident? What works on the minutes must work on the weeks? IMHO, the choice of the timeframe is a choice of the opponents, and they have a completely different effect on different timeframes of movements, the methods and objectives may also be different. So why should there be universal ways and/or indicators to get a stat advantage on different TFs and instruments?

индикатор должен быть один единственный, причем он должен одинаково работать на всех валютных парах и на всех таймфремах. Зачем создавать индикатор который работает, например, только на EUR/USD, и только на периоде H1?

How can you be so sure? What works on minutes should work on weeks? IMHO, the choice of timeframe is the choice of opponents, and they have completely different effects on different movement scales, methods and objectives may also differ. So why should there be universal ways and/or indicators to get a stat advantage on different TFs and instruments?

Avals trading strategy, which I am developing now, works on all timeframes,
It does not matter if it is a minute or monthly timeframe. This strategy is also applicable for any of the 20 currency pairs.

Confidence appears after testing, in real time :)))

I have never tested my strategy on history, because I believe that
The future and the past are NEVER repeated.
Just like you can't enter the same river twice... :)))

solandr
Я тоже экпериментирую, но пока только в ручную и на демо счёте.
Я только сейчас начал понимать, что до написания "работающего" индикатора
и уж тем более советника ещё далековато... :)))
Очень много косяков и пробелов, которые надо будет устранить и доработать...
Мда-а-а, могу сказать одно, что в рукопашную с 20 валютными парами сложновато "бороца":))))

I'm experimenting on a mini-account on a real account at the smallest lot. Well, sometimes it happens that if you do another update of an EA and make a technical mistake, which is quite possible for a 223kB EA in an ex4 file, you will immediately get a few wrong open/closed orders, for which you will get charged with real money. But I think it encourages some kind of care and singularity in the decisions you make. That is, I will not check a bullshit order for my small and meaningless money! Well, the accuracy of decisions in the Expert Advisor is tested immediately with my own money. I think it's useful, otherwise it would be impossible to move to real money ever. I'd rather lose 1 real dollar a day than play demo games for millions. Alex, try mini real. You've got a very impressive result from penultimate post! Psychology is automatically trained on real money. And if you are good at it, your psychology will also gradually adapt to larger stakes. I think the amount of deposit a trader is able to manage is determined solely by their psychology. If a trader is allowed to manage the deposit amounting to dozens of thousands of USD while the equity may amount to 10000USD, you must agree that one cannot succeed without good psychological preparation and confidence in the correctness of one's decisions, right?

I 've already had some real trading experience, which, unfortunately for me, has been negative :(
Trading hands on the demo is different from trading on the real! I assure you that with full responsibility! :)))
If you are able to get 1.5-2% a month on a demo, for example, that does not mean the same thing will happen on the real account.
That doesn't mean that the same thing will happen on the real account. I used to think: "What's the difference between demo and real?
$... ...last month, I changed my mind. Psychology, my ass...

No, it's hard to fall for that kind of nonsense now.
So, I can trust the trade only to the artificial intelligence, as sad as it sounds AD.
I would not give a shit about the program, it does not care about craps, and since it does not care about them,
so it should trade much more efficiently than my hands :))))))

For example, if you get 1.5-2% a month on a demo, it does not mean that the same <br / translate="no"> will happen on a real account.

As I'm still debugging the strategy I'm doing all the profit calculations in pips only! I believe many traders would avoid huge losses if they would count points instead of percents. From there it is much easier to make an objective assessment of the strategy. And in the presence of stable profitable pips - the percentages are almost irrelevant ;o) It's hard to believe, but it's really true!

PS: I think there's no point in entering a trade if it can't make a profit equal to the size of the position's lot. Hence it follows that pips are more important than percentages for strategy evaluation.

Gentlemen, this concerns a lot of people! Couldn't you make the pictures smaller, say no more than 720 pixels across? It's absolutely impossible to read this thread. And not only this one. Thank you.

Если вы, к примеру, на демо поднимаете 1,5-2 тыс.% в месяц, то это совсем не означает, что тоже самое
будет и на реале.

I am still debugging the strategy and making all profit calculations only in pips! I think many traders could avoid huge losses if they count points instead of percents. From there it is much easier to make an objective assessment of the strategy. And in the presence of stable profitable pips - the percentages are almost irrelevant ;o) It's hard to believe, but it's really true!

PS: I think there's no point in entering a trade if it can't make a profit equal to the size of the position's lot. Hence it follows that pips are more important than percentages for strategy evaluation.

As for the %, I think JONY was interested in it, but he's disappeared :)))
I agree it's better to measure in pips and the strategy has not been fully developed yet.
There is only a basic backbone, i.e. a backbone, and then it will gradually "grow" into muscle: )))) it's a matter of time.

I actually tried to trade all 20 currency pairs at once for the first time, I just wanted to
I wanted to make sure my strategy works.

Seriously, I make only one positive trade out of 50 possible,
i.e. 98% of the major moves are "bypassed", it's not realistic to follow 20 open windows on a 14" monitor at the same time.
It's impossible to monitor 20 open windows at the same time on a 14" monitor. And in general it's not good to trade by hand, the algorithm should not miss a single movement :)))
I think I can do it :))))

Folks, I want to ask a question as we go along. I wanted to play around with the Hearst index, under the impression of this thread. But I absolutely do not understand how to calculate it! Or rather, how to calculate the entire value for a series is clear and very well described. But we are interested in the values in points! What is the Hurst index at a point - it is absolutely unclear. Say, we can count in overlapping windows. But with a small window we cannot understand what we will get as there is no point in talking about any statistics. In case of a large window, Hirst will be too averaged and generally will not be of much interest. Any advice on how to get out of this situation ? <br / translate="no">
Oops... Apologies for the stupidity. The solution is this. We watch Hearst on the days and calculate on the minutes. Am I right ?

Does trading by Hearst give any positive results?
If so, please tell me who has a positive balance using this method
in at least a month of trading.
If not, pardon the expression, why bother "poking around" and stirring up the issue? :))))
Maybe I do not understand something? Maybe the direction I have chosen is wrong!
Somebody please explain it to me: )))))))))))))

Merry Christmas to all !!! :)))
Reason: