Wrote a trading robot and tested it with a negative balance.... - page 5

RomanPi:

That's an interesting question!

I've been looking at the Ninja Router MT5 robot developed by Chutburin Nongnut who lives in Thailand. What results it showed in the tester! But everything was too beautiful, it was scary. A robot on neural networks. I know a thing or two about neural networks. I decided to wait.

Turns out the guy releases an update once a month. During this month he runs through all trades that his robot made and recalculates weights (updates-trains) the neuronet so that everything was in profit (well, in general). But in fact, if you take the current version of the neuronet and trade for a month in real - you are out of the money. And then, at the end of the month, it trains the network, and offers to update it, you run the updated version in the tester, and you find out that if you ran this robot with given weights (neural network coefficients) a month ago, you HAVE already been a millionaire (even if you haven't been before)! And most importantly: he doesn't lie, the robot's algorithm is the same as it was! Took the raw data -> submitted to the input network -> got a tip (-> prodinamil -> adjusted odds -> got a profit in the story -> updated the results in the Marketplace -> found new customers -> lasted another month)!

In the end, his robot has ALWAYS shown great results, but maybe with a drawdown in the last real month! Well-oh, bad months happen too....

How do you deal with that?

This whole thing was discovered before me by a guy from Germany. Respect and respect to him, made some noise on the forum. Today there is no robot on Market and no forum discussion. I mean right today and disappeared! Only the demo version v.3.3 is on my laptop. Do you want - I'll download it!

So the topic is known since the appearance of the optimizer in the tester. And there is no need for any neuronics. The Expert Advisor is optimized on a certain period, for example on a 3 month trend. Then it is run on it and funny images are published in Market.

I would never allow publishing such images in Market. Only the test in Signals.

Максим Лыков:
I've watched the video how to write an Expert Advisor(trading robot) in MQL5 and tried it myself! But the problem is that I tested the trading robot and the tester showed that the robot will trade at crazy losses..... What went wrong and who can tell me? I want my own robot....But I have no finances to buy.....A free cheese only in a mousetrap.....Locate a good man, vrozumi.....

Are there any profitable EAs that trade consistently in the black? I've never met such ones in my few years on forex.

Yuriy Vins:

Are there any profitable EAs that trade consistently in the black? Personally, I've never seen any in my few years on the forex market...

I, even though I have written about a hundred of them, have not.

Vladimir Simakov:
I, even having written about a hundred of them, haven't met them.
Does that mean I didn't write them? ;)

Yuriy Vins:

Are there any profitable EAs that trade consistently in the black? Personally, in several years of forex trading I have never met any...

This is not the right question...

If I did or did not see, it's a matter of chance ( or you looked in the wrong place )...

The right question: Under what conditions is it possible to have a trading strategy that consistently trades on the plus side?

Everything depends on the theory of profitable trading, which each trader develops for himself...

If Trader does not believe in stable profitable trading, he will never develop it (or find it)...

Serqey Nikitin:

It's not the right way to put it...

Whether or not I've met is a matter of chance (or you've looked in the wrong place)...

The right question is: Under what conditions is it possible to have a trading strategy that is consistently profitable?

It all depends on the theory of profitable trading, which every trader develops for himself...

If Trader doesn't believe in the possibility of stable profitable trading, he will never develop it ( or find it )...

We should consider the theory of profitable dummy from Expert Advisor generator that TC tormented ))

Alexey Volchanskiy:

We need to consider the theory of the profitable dummy from the EA generator that TC was tormenting ))

More accurately this is trying to create a theory - only in this case there will be "torment"..., ( the EA generator is just a tool without any theory )...

Serqey Nikitin:
More accurately, it's trying to create a theory - only in this case there will be "torment"..., ( the EA generator is just a tool without any theory )...

I understand that he didn't go further than a dummy...

Serqey Nikitin:
More accurately, it's trying to create a theory - only in this case there will be "torment"..., ( the EA generator is just a tool without any theory )...

I understand that he didn't go further than a dummy.

Alexey Volchanskiy:

I understand he didn't go further than a blank...

It's hard to get a result by trying variants... You can waste a lot of time and end up with a zilch...

It is better to start with development of an understandable theory, and then you can clearly correct attempts in the generator of advisors...

Reason: