Hosting webinars at mql5.com - page 8

I haven't done any research - it's too complicated for me. I have done paid training - about 20 people without advertising. I don't know what will happen here.

Edic:
It seems to me that zero people will attend the paid webinars to learn MQL. Have you conducted market research? You know, there is plenty of free information and a beginner should be ready to pay whatever for a webinar and be especially sure that it is unique or particularly useful...

There will be students. Especially if the material is good.

They want to learn. Video is easier to digest. After the free introductory webinar, there should be enough people willing to learn.

True, it is not clear what to do with pirates. You can record and post all passed lessons for free, no?

komposter:

It's not clear what to do with the pirates, though. It is possible to record and post for free all the lessons you have taken, no?

There may not be any pirates. Not everybody wants to put in the public domain what they paid for, because of greed. And usually the pirates do not lay out the entire course - where he forgot to record, where he overslept the webinar, etc.

Well, the fact online presence at the webinar is not a minor thing - you can ask the teacher questions on the subject, etc.

VDev:
I haven't done any research - it's too complicated for me. Paid trainings I did - about 20 people without advertising. I don't know what it will be.

Hi

I'd really like to get into a paid course, I've seen some of the lessons on youtube. I liked the way the material was presented, it seemed clear and understandable. This is the course I would like to enrol on.

How many people need a minimum group to start training? How long will the training last? And finally, the cost?

tatem:

Hi

I'd really like to get into a paid course, I've seen some of the lessons on youtube. I liked the way the material was presented, it seemed clear and understandable. This is the course I would like to enrol on.

How many people need a minimum group to start training? How long will the training last? And finally the cost?

I thought I said I haven't done a course since spring 2014, as I'm fully into scalper development. Basically, at the beginning of 2015 I hope to be free, we can do a course in webinar format.

The course should be divided into parts, each part should fill 4-5 weeks with 2-3 webinars a week, otherwise they will wither away.) Plus, homework is a must, otherwise it will all go to waste.

So two or three parts are in order.

1. We have already mastered the basics of MQL4/5 without OOP. Only the language itself, the syntax of which is now the same in MQL4/5. In passing we will study all the examples using trading functions, timeseries, etc. The entire article will contain some real examples that can be instantly applied. I think we all liked it very much when the code of Expert Advisor or indicator was analyzed during the webinar, it is useful.
  2. Continuation of the first part, OOP. The learning principle is the same as in part 1
  3. This part is in question. I had an unsuccessful experience in January-February 2014. I prepared a course with those who mastered basics of MQL4 (at that time MQL4 didn't have OOP) and decided to write a simple Expert Advisor step by step. It turned out that almost nobody did anything, so I did everything myself and sent the code to the group. On one hand, this training is a hobby for me, and I wasn't going to make anyone do anything. But still, I expected more activity. I probably chose the wrong methodology and motivation for this particular part.

How many people do you need? Not less than 20 people, this figure is optimal.

On the cost we need to think about, as I have an interesting suggestion born. I am now finalizing the development scalper, perhaps it will be given for the period of training in the use of tied to the account. But this is just a thought for now, next week I will start tests, let's see how it goes. I ran it tonight and blogged about it at https://www.mql5.com/ru/blogs/post/235953.

Знакомство с MQL5: написание простого советника и индикатора
Знакомство с MQL5: написание простого советника и индикатора
  • Denis Zyatkevich
  • www.mql5.com
В этой статье проведен краткий обзор языка MQL5, приведен пример написания советника и индикатора. Данная статья ориентирована как на читателей, знакомых с программированием на языке MQL4, так и на тех, кто только начинает знакомство с программированием торговых систем и индикаторов.

VDev:

Yesterday I came across the website https://www.youtube.com/user/MegaVDev/videos and watched a couple of videos.

It is really one of the best videos on MQL for beginners.

I still think that such webinars will be in demand.

A course cannot be small. They will start to skip the webinars and fail to do homework. This is if we charge separately for each webinar.

My opinion - we should charge a one-time fee for the entire course before the start of the course itself. Ready to work - pay right away - then there will not be a "I am in the mood - listen to a webinar, not in the mood - skip, go to the next. The course should cost at least $ 1500 - because it is voluminous and it is a lot of work and although the group will be recruited more slowly than at a lower price, but the audience will assemble better, motivated and ready to work.

Edic:

Yesterday I came across the website https://www.youtube.com/user/MegaVDev/videos and watched a couple of videos.

It is really one of the best videos on MQL for beginners.

I still think that such webinars will be in demand.

A course cannot be small. They will start to skip the webinars and fail to do homework. This is if we charge separately for each webinar.

My opinion - we should charge a one-time fee for the entire course before the start of the course itself. Ready to work - pay right away - then there will not be a "is in the mood - listen to a webinar, not in the mood - skip, go to the next. The course should cost at least $ 1500 - because it is voluminous and it is a lot of work and although the group will be recruited more slowly than at a lower price, but the audience will assemble better, motivated and ready to work.

I understand how much the course should cost, but what I don't understand is whether I will be able to apply the knowledge received on the course in practice or will I have to use my own brain again?

IvanIvanov:
I understand how much the course should cost, but what I don't understand is whether I'll be able to apply the knowledge gained in the course in practice or will I have to use my own brain again?
I think if the course is systematic and consistent, it will be much easier to learn and apply the knowledge in practice than if you study on your own for those who are not very good at it.

IvanIvanov:
or will you have to use your brain again?

Duck, and without it there's nothing to do in this business at all)) then go straight to the market, you don't have to think there))

Alexey, if you don't mind, please write back here http://forum.mql4.com/ru/38951

I think the price can be used the following algorithm, the lecturer determines how much money he wants, then the number divided by the number of listeners, the more listeners, the cheaper for 1 person will work out )) YourKO))

Как настроить Visual Studio 2010 для редактирования MQL4 - MQL4 форум
  • www.mql5.com
Как настроить Visual Studio 2010 для редактирования MQL4 - MQL4 форум

IvanIvanov:
I don't know whether I will be able to apply the knowledge received in the course in practice or will I have to use my own brains again?

Firstly, doing practical exercises is very good for developing practical skills, as bare theory is useless. I remember, when I was studying electronics in the Soviet times, in higher mathematics they told us boringly about the Fourier transform, and I let it all pass me by. And only later I learned that it turns out, this is a basic part of digital signal processing, which I now widely use with robots. By the way, it's for those who nostalgically cry about how cool education was under the communists.

Secondly, if participants sign up for the expensive course, robot development can be included. I've already written that there was a bad experience in early 2014, but the course was cheap and people were fooling around. We will have to learn from all the mistakes. The idea of a robot at 30% a month is there and it has been tested, it can be done.

However, the course must be divided into at least two parts. Many traders know MQL4/5 without OOP and the first part would be uninteresting for them. Although this is just my opinion, we need to do a voting.

Reason: