MT5 - My strategy works well in the simulation but not live.

I made a EA in MQL5 and I tested it with historycal data. After try it a lot of times I got great profits, but after that I used my EA in the real market. I realized that I had opposite results, I lost a lot of money.

I was trying to guess what happened and I found some possible issues. My positions were not opened in the right place, unlike it happened in the simulation. So I have two theories. Is possible that it is caused by the latency or the strategy tester showed me wrong ticks movement, because I setted the Stress & Delays configuration to simulate the latency and slippage, so I'm thinking that the simulator is giving me wrong ticks data.

Is the strategy tester reliable to simulate ticks?

What do you think? thanks

JHON SANZ: I made a EA in MQL5 and I tested it with historycal data. After try it a lot of times I got great profits, but after that I used my EA in the real market. I realized that I had opposite results, I lost a lot of money. I was trying to guess what happened and I found some possible issues. My positions were not opened in the right place, unlike it happened in the simulation. So I have two theories. Is possible that it is caused by the latency or the strategy tester showed me wrong ticks movement, because I setted the Stress & Delays configuration to simulate the latency and slippage, so I'm thinking that the simulator is giving me wrong ticks data. Is the strategy tester reliable to simulate ticks? What do you think? thanks

The problem is that you don't understand the basics of trading — probably things like spread and slippage.

I suggest you spend some time trading manually so that you can learn those things by experience, so that it will be easier for you to apply that knowledge and experience in your EA.

Reason: