Is "market depth" working - page 5

AndreiFAN:
The real volumes on the platform are just the real volumes in this sandbox. These figures have only a mediocre relation to real volumes on the Forex market.

What "real volumes in FOREX" are you talking about? What "real volumes" can there be in the OTC market, where there is no single centre and everyone trades as they wish, and the symbols are called as they wish?

What are we talking about?

Can we work with L2 in MT5? The answer - Yes, you can. The only question is what the broker will give and how the client will treat it.

PS

Ask the broker to fill in the MT5 with the information about "the whole FOREX market" and good for you. If of course the broker will go for it.

As for the "cup" with volumes in MT4, probably you can do it there, but who needs it...

Interesting:

What "real volumes in FOREX" are you talking about? What "real volumes" can there be in the OTC market, where there is no single centre and everyone trades as they wish, and the symbols are called as they wish?

What we are actually talking about

Can we work with L2 in MT5? The answer - Yes, you can. The only question is what the broker will give and how the client will treat it.

PS

Ask the broker to fill in the MT5 with the information about "the whole FOREX market" and good for you. Of course, if the broker agrees to it.

As for the "cup" with volumes in MT4, probably you can do it there, but who needs it...

That's what I'm talking about.

AndreiFAN:
Renat wrote -"Open an MT5 in Alpari and there will be full-fledged forex betting".

He said that MT5 has the L2 functionality, and that Alpari is feeding some data on currency pairs into it.

He did not say anything about the fact that Alpari has information on "All FOREX" volumes.

In other words - open an account (preferably a real one) at Alpari and casually work with L2, but not withthe "scalper's glass".

Interesting:

He said that MT5 has the L2 functionality, and that Alpari is feeding some data on currency pairs into it.

He did not say anything about the fact that Alpari has information on "All FOREX" volumes.

In other words - open an account (preferably a real one) at Alpari and work with L2, but not with the "scalper's glass".

I have a good feeling about this. I guess I have a different understanding of "full-fledged market". Ok.

AndreiFAN:
Ok. I guess that's not how I understand "full-fledged betting". Ok.

Renat was speaking from the point of view of the developer of the trading platform.

From that point of view, the "betting in Alpari" is full-fledged, compared to the "scalper" one.

What information to fill there is irrelevant, it is a question for the broker.

Interesting:

Renat spoke from the point of view of a trading platform developer.

I told him even more accurately - no need to squeeze out the platitudes of "ah, you don't have all the forex prices". But it pleases him to pretend time after time that he didn't know that.

The entire forex market is completely decentralised and no one has infinite liquidity. Thereforethe fxstack and its volumes are directly linked to a specific or pool of liquidity providers.

Renat:

I told him even more accurately - no need to squeeze out the platitudes of "ah, you don't have the prices of all the forex". But it pleases him to pretend time after time that he didn't know that.

The entire forex market is completely decentralised and no one has infinite liquidity. Thereforethe fxstack and its volumes are directly linked to a specific or pool of liquidity providers.

Renat, I didn't squeeze out anything like that, especially with such an intonation. I have a deep respect for your brainchild (MT) and I use it with great pleasure. I was only confused by the word "full-fledged". OK. There is a discrepancy in terms.

AndreiFAN:
Renat, I didn't squeeze out anything like that, especially with such an intonation. I have a deep respect for your brainchild (MT) and use it with pleasure. I was only confused by the word "full-fledged". OK. There's a discrepancy in terms.
or there's just a discussion about real volumes)

Renat:

I told him even more accurately - no need to squeeze out the platitudes of "ah, you don't have the prices of all the forex". But it pleases him to pretend time after time that he didn't know that.

Just the other day I wanted to create a topic about volumes, and something similar came up...
If the Ask and Bid prices in forex are indicative and their change in the market is not necessarily related to trade at these prices, then why any change in the Ask/Bid price is inevitably accompanied by an increase in real volume in the form of a constant increase in traded lots?
i've witnessed it hundreds of times and i can say with certainty that it happens that way. the only question is why?

By the way I trade at Alpari MT5

nowi:
Then why is it that every change in asc/bid prices is inevitably accompanied by an increase in real volume in the form of a constant increase in traded lots?
i have observed it hundreds of times and i can say with certainty that this is exactly what happens. the only question is why?

The market snapshot is most often the market snapshot, rather than the exact flow consisting of all consecutive trades transmitted to the client.

On low liquid instruments the stack will be close to a pure deal flow, while on live/highly liquid instruments it will only be snapshots. And it still depends on technical specifications of API. If the gateway only gives snapshots, nothing can be done.

Snapshots allow to effectively fight congestion due to potentially unlimited volumes of quotes which would have to be sent over the network to all participants.

Reason: