Market. Questions, problems with the products. - page 3

Those who have indicators for MT4 in the Market have not noticed that there are DEMO downloads?

barabashkakvn:

Those who have indicators for MT4 in the Market have not noticed that there are DEMO downloads?

Yes, we did, but I think it's stopped now

Mechanic:
Yes, we did, but I think it's stopped now
Found out - demo indicator bounces for MT4 come from old (unupdated) terminals.

I wrote the book myself. I wanted to put it on sale in the market, but they say you can't. We only take books under contracts with publishers. I emphasise: they do not require a copyright (which can be provided), but an agreement from the publisher.

I do not understand this limitation. Maybe someone can explain?

faa1947:

I wrote the book myself. I wanted to put it on sale in the market, but they say you can't. We only take books under contracts with publishers. I emphasise: they do not require a copyright (which can be provided), but an agreement from the publisher.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

"The Encyclopedia of Trading Strategies in MetaTrader

Renat, 2014.03.26 16:42

You have to be the copyright holder and have the whole package of legalizing documents.

In fact, this means that only publishers or authors who are fully engaged in publishing their own works with all registrations (e.g. ISBN) and no legal encumbrances can sell.

faa1947:

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

"The Encyclopedia of Trading Strategies in MetaTrader

Renat, 2014.03.26 17:07

The articles are author's, small, with a simple form of legal rights and in essence are not a commercially replicable product.

With books the question is different - this is a commercial product, protected not only by the basic copyright, but also by a number of contractual agreements. Since books are knowingly about money, the issues of legal purity and proper rights are the only ones that come to the fore. And the purity has to be both for the current moment and for future periods.

To give an example: we often receive requests for official permission to use screenshots of our platforms in various books, and of course we give them to the authors. Without such official permissions, publishers are afraid to publish books lest they get sued now or in 5-10 years for illegally using someone else's property.

This is the kind of business that is completely surrounded by lawyers on all sides involved.

barabashkakvn:

This position of the methaquots is known to me and surprises me. The meta-quotes are people experienced in intellectual property matters. To draw an analogy with code. "A few years from now, someone will find a piece of their own code in the sold code and sue them". The real question is, who will be sued? To the vendor of the code or to the author of the code? After all, publishers have to solve the same problem that you describe in the link. And it's solved very simply - they blame everything on the one who placed the book for sale. They require copyright and guarantees about absence of encumbrances from the third parties. After all, the problems described in your link are solved by the publishers.

If to speak about my book, it has turned out under the influence of long-term participation in this forum, the reader of the book is practically all here and as it seems to me to put restrictions on such materials oriented to this site is not quite reasonable.

Here's a more detailed summary of what I don't understand.

If the scale is set to a larger than 100% in the browser, the table with the download figures does not adjust to the screen size when you enter "My products".

faa1947:

Hi, dear Fa! Why don't you appear on 4? How are you doing in the field of forecasting and possible market description?

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and trading strategy testing

How long does moderation take?

elugovoy, 2014.07.27 10:45

We're talking about products in the marketplace.

How long on average does a product usually stay in the moderation phase and in the moderation phase itself?

Thanks.

Here's an excerpt from the official terms and conditions of the Market service:

V. Verification of Products#.

1. All Products sold through the Marketplace service are pre-moderated and pre-screened. The normal timeframe for Product verification is one week, but verification can be completed earlier.
  2. The validation time depends on the complexity of the Product. For complex Products the check-up time may be extended unilaterally.
  3. The Administration has the right to subject the Product to any additional checks not stipulated herein.
  4. All comments on the Product on behalf of the Administration are described in the editorial comments section of the Product.
  5. Products cannot contain deliberate restrictions on operation or change functionality depending on the account type, account number, trading server name or other similar conditions in which they are used.
  6. Indicators and Expert Advisors offered for sale through the Market service are subject to special compilation for creation of demo versions, which allow potential buyers to get familiar with a Product. The demo versions of the Products have the following limitations:
    1. It is not possible to run a demo version of an EA on an online chart on a client terminal. Its trading part can be tested only in Strategy Tester built into client terminal;
    2. Demo version of the indicator can't be run and seen on the online chart. Its behaviour can only be seen in the Visual testing mode in the Strategy Tester.
  7. Scripts are tested by the Administration according to their functionality stated in their descriptions.
  8. Expert Advisors are additionally automatically tested in the Strategy Tester on historical price data. Only the report obtained as a result of the automatic testing will be attached to the sold Expert Advisor. The Seller is not allowed to show any other reports in the Product description.

Also, the terms are extended due to heavy workload of the administration, and the summer - everyone wants to relax, go on holiday.

Reason: