Suggestions for promoting the MT5 platform to the masses - page 4

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Suggestions for MT5 platform promotion to the masses

Silent, 2014.04.16 16:41

It's not going to save.

Once again: it's not about traders. It's about the platform.

It's not about the platform.

Imagine (let's just fantasise) if MT5 was allowed to do everything that was asked for, and even more - make it better than MT4. Would there be more users on it? No, there will not. Well, a couple of thousand "old timers" will go to MT5 (including you and me)... but a couple of thousand is nothing...

"Old timers" will not buy МТ4, and even if they do buy MT5, there will be much less of them ("old timers") than of new users (who, by the way, regularly buy financial services every year) - it does not matter whether old timers agree or disagree ... If you persuade them or not ... whether they are convinced or not ...

What matters is where the new ones will go (and how they are connected to the "old-timers" - I see that they do not).

And the new ones are renewable and inexhaustible.

The main thing is to be realistic and call things by their proper names. As a matter of fact, the MT platform is a programming language and you can write expert advisers, indicators and scripts.

For this reason, the great demand, otherwise you can use any other, not worse in functionality.

Considering this moment there is an armada of mql4 codes that are already in mt4 and it's not easy to translate them to mt5, moreover, who doesn't know mql5 language, pay

you have to pay to have it translated. So it turns out that for analysis and easy use, MT5 may be cool as a regular platform, but it has no specificity, like MT with Mql programs.

OmegaTube:

The main thing is to be realistic and call things by their proper names. As a matter of fact, the MT platform is a programming language and you can write expert advisers, indicators and scripts.

For this reason, the great demand, otherwise you can use any other, not worse in functionality.

Considering this moment there is an armada of mql4 codes that are already in mt4 and it's not easy to translate them to mt5, moreover, who doesn't know mql5 language, pay

you have to pay to have it translated. I think that mt5 may be cool as a regular platform for analysis and easy use, but I don't have mt5 with Mql programs as a specialty.

The only two things that are interesting for me are MT5:

1. the mql5 language and its pretty great features .

2. trading API of the terminal.

All the other windows, tabs, gimmicks and even charts do not matter.

I make my own GUI according to my system and place it asOBJ_BITMAP_LABEL object on the whole window.

Chart is not visible, and there's no need for it.

Fleder:

2. the trading API of the terminal.

Where does it have an API?

newdigital:

It's not about the platform.

Imagine (just imagine) that MT5 will allow them to do everything they have asked for, and even more - to make it better than MT4. Would there be more users on it? No, there will not. Well, a couple of thousand "old timers" will go to MT5 (including you and me)... but a couple of thousand is nothing...

"Old timers" will not buy МТ4, and even if they buy it, there will be much less of them ("old timers") than of new users (who, by the way, regularly buy financial services every year) - it does not matter whether old timers agree or disagree ... If you persuade them or not ... whether they are convinced or not ...

What matters is where the new ones will go (and how they are connected to the "old-timers" - I see that they do not).

And the new ones are renewable and inexhaustible.

Have you seen the eyes of someone who came to the exchange, studied it for a year or two, and then came across MT4 and found out about lots?

Me, pronych, if I'm not mistaken, notused, algotraders, a few people who didn't stick around - we all represent some pretty specific groups of traders. Behind each group are newbies who, in one way or another, "follow the trail". And behind you too.

Anyway... MetaQuotes giraffe is big, he knows best.

Contender:

Where does it have an API?

There is no direct access, of course.

Through the trading functions.

Let's be more specific. I suggest everyone answer the question:

Почему я использую MetaTrader4 и не использую MetaTrader5?

The comparison with other platforms is deliberately not done. In order to deal with a more specific case for now: MetaTrade4 vs MetaTrader5.

C-4:

Let's be more specific. I suggest everyone answer the question:

The comparison with other platforms is deliberately not done. In order to deal with a more specific case for now: MetaTrade4 vs MetaTrader5.

We have to use MT4, if that brokerage company that we have our eye on (for some reason) does not have MT5.

Fleder:
You have to use MT4 if the broker you are looking at does not have MT5.
Protected: I do not use MetaTrader 5 because my broker does not provide it.

To understand the behaviour of brokers, you need to know that they go out of their way to minimise marketing and platform support costs.

That is why they buy well promoted trading platforms that allow them to enter the market at minimal cost. It creates a self-twisting loop - the desire to save money reinforces older platforms.

On the other hand, a broker who does not dream of building his own system is bad. When the broker launches completely non-promoted (including his own) platforms (we are not talking about MT5), he faces the surprise of monstrous expenses of time and money for the promotion. Often it amounts to a dozen or two million dollars. The payback of such projects tends to infinity. The result is an understanding of the hard work that MetaQuotes has put into its platforms.

The power of trading complexes has long moved into the field of service ecosystem development, although newcomers to platform building are still storming the basic needs of thechanalysis and trading.

That is why we are constantly working to develop the trading community by launching new services. Although some people criticize us and try to make fun of us, but in their hearts they understand how far we have come and what an ecosystem we have created.

MetaTrader 5 is now actively marketed to the banks, for which it is best suited. The migration of traders from MT4 is also happening.

We are constantly working on the promotion of 5 (for example, the other day we participated inhttp://www.abteclive.com in Bahrain) and the help of traders helps a lot.

ABTEC 2014 - Welcome
ABTEC 2014 - Welcome
  • www.abteclive.com
Welcome ABTEC is the leading invitation-only event for the financial technology community in the MENA region. Be our partner ABTEC is where finance meets
Reason: