Forex strategies - page 2

It's just that everyone talks about symmetry, but at this point they forget to reverse the spread. When developing a plum strategy, we have to consider the spread reversed. That is, the DC is paying us for the deal, and under these conditions it is just as difficult to make a super losing strategy as it is to make a profitable one......That's the tricky part.......

I.e. if there is a strategy that gives an average loss greater than the spread - is it profitable in reverse? Right...

Here's how it works:

Total loss minus (number of trades x spread), and if the number is positive, it's a profit.

Right here ( http://forex-report.narod.ru/strategy-report.rar ~45kb ) is the state (from 2010), but my Expert Advisor is on my hard drive with open source code. Who can rewrite it in reverse? Inexpensive?

My email: MishanyaPilot@gmail.com

Take a look, seems like the trend is tough. My indexes may be improved by picking up parameters and using IB or spread rebate agency.

Although, even without it the profitability is 3.2 points, net, with 3 points spread (dirty = -6.2 points). In 1503 trades it is 9,239 points.

Mihoi:

I.e. if there is a strategy that gives an average loss greater than the spread - is it profitable in reverse? Right...

Here's how it works:

Total loss minus (number of trades x spread), and if the number is positive, it's a profit.

Right here ( http://forex-report.narod.ru/strategy-report.rar ~45kb ) is the state (from 2010), my Expert Advisor is on my hard drive with open source code. Who can rewrite it in reverse? Inexpensive?

My e-mail: MishanyaPilot@gmail.com

Look, it seems that the trend is tough. I'll try to use IB or spread rebate.

Although, even without it profitability is 3.2 points, net, with 3 points spread (dirty = -6.2 points). In 1,503 trades it's shedding 9,239 pips.

It's possible to look at it. I'm not sure how much help it will be, though.

Sart:

Forex strategies.

Although it is likely that any strategy is both profitable and losing. Both can bring profit and loss in equal measure. The main question, which I think was not asked by anybody - is the statement about symmetry in Forex?

I think it is true. There is no profitable strategy in Forex, otherwise there would be no Forex. And everyone decides for himself whether to look for it or not. Existing profitable strategies working for thousands of millions of dollars will ruin.

It turns out that all strategies are equal - take any and trade!

Sart:

Forex strategies.

Although it is likely that any strategy is both profitable and losing. Both can bring profit and loss in equal measure. The main question that, in my opinion, nobody asked, is the statement about symmetry in Forex.

Speaking of "symmetry" (well, almost...).

If we abstract from Forex a bit, then we can notice that practically the entire civilized world has long traded on the commodity-arbitrage market. And often, profitably. Pretty much!

Only on the territory of our former empire trading centers impose compulsive "thrusting" into clients an inherently loss-making trading at Forex. It is clear why. And like the fig leaf - DTs sometimes add half a dozen commodities and index instruments to Forex - and, moreover, they take commission and/or spread (Ask-Bid) of these instruments 30-60(!) times more than reasonable, generally accepted! (A typical example is a brokerage company with its advertisement on the top of the page). - To discourage clients from trading on commodity markets.

Meanwhile, what could be easier - to take a couple (or more) cointegrated commodity-futures instruments, and use the existing and gained technical knowledge for arbitrage trading! Here there are many opportunities, and the work will be much more promising. From the very beginning (without irony...), even at low TFs.

Than to waste time on forex methods and be convinced of their futility every time....

Dow Jones / SP500

Tantrik:

I think that's fair enough. There is no absolutely profitable strategy in forex, or you could say it is not found - otherwise there would be no forex. And to find it or not, everyone decides for himself. Existing profitable strategies working for thousands in millions will sell out.

It turns out that all strategies are equal - take any and trade!

Right.

Actually, it's a very useful idea to find just one hell of a draining strategy and flip it. Only it should not just drain slowly, it should just blow the depo away in one fell swoop. Here's an idea. Everyone (or most) have tried pipsing without stoploss with a fill-in from minus. It's a 100% draining strategy. OK, maybe there are miracles, let it not be 100%, let it be 99.9% draining.

So. Plum strategy: (It is necessary to understand what a beginner does when he wants to make a pile of dough).

- We look at the timeframe d1, or n4, we see a clear trend. Suppose the trend is bullish. So we should open only upwards.
- We shift to the TF m5, or even to m1.
- We open up. We do not place the Stop Loss. If the price goes up, we immediately close with profit of 5-10 points. If the price goes down, we wait, then we scale in from the deficit, close as soon as we have taken 5-10 points of profit or as soon as we have zeroed the loss, open again, scale in again, etc. The price goes very far down and we have nothing to deposit, so we wait out the loss and hope for a miracle. Sometimes it happens, but most often we either lose our nerve and close with a loss of about 30-40-50% of the deposit, it depends on who knows what, or we wait till the last moment until deadlock itself closes our position near 0. Did I list everything correctly? Did I miss anything? This "strategy" is a losing one anyway. And mind you, it's not losing because of spread, what does spread have to do with loss that has been sitting for days, weeks... She's just losing.

OK, I'm going to get my head around it.

I'll try to flip it.
We're not reversing the trend. Let it be. The trend is still our Friend. Copying all of the above in reverse, except the trend:

Antidrain strategy:
- We look at the timeframe d1, or n4, we see a clear trend. Suppose the trend is bullish. So we should open only upwards.
- We shift to the TF m5, or even to m1.
- We open up. WE DO NOT SET A TAKE PROFIT. If the price goes down, we immediately close with a loss (okay, 5 will not work, because spread will remain only 3 points) of 10 points. I.e. moose is not more than 10 points. If the price goes UP, we wait, then we scale in from PLUS, close as soon as we have zeroed the PROFIT, we open again, scale in again, etc. The price goes very far up, we have nothing to fill, we stupidly "go UP" PROFIT and hope that "miracle" will not happen as usual. So, we "give up nerves" and we close with ANTI-LOSS (WITH PROFIT) about 30-40-50% of depo, it depends on whom, or we sit till the last moment until... um... ...until the depo doubles. ??????

Is that it?

How's that? Am I on the right track? :-)))))

alexey15:

Actually, it's a very useful idea to find just one hell of a draining strategy and flip it. Only it should not just drain slowly, it should just blow the depo away in one fell swoop. Here's an idea. Everyone (or most) have tried pipsing without a stoploss with a fill-in from minus. It's a 100% draining strategy. OK, maybe there are miracles, even if not 100%, even if 99.9% is plum.

How's that? Am I on the right track? :-)))))

Nya. Too slow to drain... ;-)
Reason: