Market patterns - page 2

Efficiency is a pattern, inefficiency is also a pattern, once you begin to understand this you begin to learn, and learning is a continuous process.... you stop and immediately acara...

Anyway, to quote hrenfx (for the most part, I share his position), I hope it helps someone:

Заходите на какой-нибудь ресурс мониторинга. Например, на myfxbook. Берете там уже готовый рейтинг по Gain с реал-счетов. Фильтруете их по нормальным брокерам и начинаете изучать их стейты. И даже если стейты закрыты, там все равно полно инфы, которая полезна. Т.е. можно очень четко сузить поиски: узнать, ГДЕ и КАК примерно торгуется. Только в обсуждения не залезать - дерьмо там, как и везде.

Далее, когда у вас есть эта ЦЕННЕЙШАЯ на самом деле информация. Остается поизучать эти места с целью заработка. Т.к. заработок там, как минимум, точно был.

pantural:

Hello, everyone. I'm Pantural.

Here's an example of a comrade speaking in black and white:

Is there a procedure (method, algorithm) for searching such patterns? Or it is a random search of all possible combinations of indicator parameters and EAs, candlestick patterns, etc. built on them. And if the equity increases and differs from the chart, the determined regularity is announced? Is there a logic and a plan to it?

I would like to share my opinion without modesty or bashfulness, but please, don't use memes or any other tricks.

Have you seen (or read) "A Dog's Heart"? The golden words of Professor Preobrazhensky: "And God save you - don't read Soviet newspapers before dinner!" If you want to paraphrase, don't read great theoreticians if you really want to make money on the market. There is an interesting pattern in life: - many successful traders (not to mention losers) write great works on the theory of market trading, but a very, very small percentage of those who study these works become successful traders as a result... Why is it so? You can pass some knowledge to a person who wants to learn, but it is almost unreal to pass him his perception of the world - in this particular case, the perception of the market, this perception is sharply expressed subjective ...

Heroix:

Anyway, to quote hrenfx (for the most part, I share his position), I hope it helps someone:

There is an even simpler and more accessible way - you find a part of history on the chart where you could make profit, close this part of the chart and carefully study the left part of the chart...

hrenfx:
Apparently you never saw the constructive part in that post. Looks like you're not here for the profit either.
Heroix:

.... and start studying their stats.

I'm sorry, I really didn't notice it, because I automatically thought it was something about broker's accusations. The justification is weak, but I have to plough through so much textual information and I got used to reading diagonally. This is by no means out of disrespect or laziness.

Taakse ... this is new to me, I apologize, I will be stupid ... go to the "mafixbox" in sistems, we choose the most and in theory if you compare them with the price, you can see where someone has taken a bite out of the market and how much. The snag at first sight I have a technical one, *.csv or other data format contains only orders and their characteristics, there is no intermediate price to see where in what place an order is sent, this manually have to substitute, how to do it automatically?

Well of course we can only guess about the amount of data and the logic of trade decisions that can be observed as a fact, but I agree the information is very valuable. If the trade is not very dense, you can assess who is trending and who is counter-trending, etc.

I wish they would put price tables + orders in sync. I'm not a proger so far to parse by date the orders in the right places, besides, downloading exactly the same quotes as the subject under study may not always be possible.

But the idea is GREAT! As they say a good artist draws from nature, and a brilliant one from a good artist! Let's study the stats from Mayfixbook!

SWA:
There is an even simpler and more accessible way - on a chart you find a section of history where you could make a profit, close that section of the chart and carefully study the left side of the chart...

This is by itself, zigzagging to determine the tasty places and think how you could guess, just on the left side of the chart about such a reversal or continuation of the trend. Actually, this topic was created to discuss a set of methods to formalize this guessing process and turn it into a set of rules or even into a bot.

Every few months, I go in there and do a quick MANUFACTURING to look for patterns that I don't know much about yet. I filter very quickly (the right items):

• Good broker.
  • A lot of transactions.
  • Availability of commission is desirable.
  • Each pair is considered individually.
  • Presence of conspicuous trade time limits (days, hours).
  • A lot of trades with small targets.
  • If the profit in any column is positive, the number of pips should also be corresponding (without negative values).
  • At least one of the lines on many charts has a stable view (or such sections).

In general, there must be a clear statistical significance and at least something that immediately catches your eye.

Then a more detailed analysis of the remaining ones (~ 10):

• Analysis by different periods of history.
  • MAE/MFE.
  • Classification of TS: Breakout or rebound. A breakdown is unlikely to reach this point.
  • Probably something else.

It all takes about an hour. You just have to understand well the meaning of each figure and the capabilities of the service. Almost always the transaction history is closed, even the profit and commission data is closed. But I look at the open stats last. As a rule, they have enough simple research tricks to form at least an opinion.

I do not use other services. The best one for detailed analysis is MT4i. But I have an excellent feel for what and where to dig. With all those features the explorer interface is much more complex there.

If the article is able to be downloaded, no matter where from, the parser is created and attached to the history in the terminal. Then we have our own methods. To be honest, I have never gotten to this stage. Because I haven't encountered anything so far, that would make me want to overcome my laziness. But there are people who are relatively good at solving TS.

Types of TCs are few (not classified). Usually they are some very simple channelers (adaptive channel to bounce) with a time limit. The trick is not in writing the channeler, but in tuning it intelligently. Various optimization criteria, trying all possible symbols (synthetics are also possible), enabling various filters. In general, the right market is searched for under the TC that has already been found.

For this reason a different research approach is dictated to a large extent - from the opposite ( I mentioned it a long time ago). In general, in order to make money, the most difficult thing is to overcome laziness. And in passing to turn the brain in a different way.

I have never met anyone with complex profitable TS. Almost none of the owners of these systems do not use their testers, they just use MT4-optimizer on M1 with genetics on.

And also one and the same TS at different brokers (even STP) can show opposite results. Here we need to choose the broker with the best trading conditions. Fortunately, nowadays it is elementary to do so. And if you can write your own tester, which is much more accurate in its readings, then you can squeeze out a lot, which others on dumb testers are not able to do and do not even think about.

As for the tester, it takes one or two days to write. You just need not set the task to write a universal framework, but something simple and fast. This approach makes you realize that you've been an idiot to write this task, thinking it impossible to solve. Generally speaking, a tester is the easiest thing in the world. The main thing in this business is not to stumble. You don't have to write a visualisation, for example. You just input your calculations into some matrix, and the visualization is ready to use. You come up with your own optimization criteria, try your own experiments. In general, there is nothing abstruse.

That is how it is in general terms. Further, all the technical details are coming - ways to reduce commission, improve execution, increase the liquidity ceiling, take into account positive slippage and re-jacks. In short - to more or less coincide the tester results with real money. But we need to get to this point. And at the initial stage the above paragraphs are more than enough.

P.S. I realize that it is unlikely anyone will teach me something new, but it would be so nice to see the presence of even once passed, but sensible reasoning. Algotraders are assholes: coddling.

hrenfx:

P.S. I realise that it is unlikely that anyone will teach me anything new, but it would be so nice to see the presence of some once-passed, but sensible reasoning. Algotraders are assholes: coddling.

The most important thing is to get to the stage where you can do quality research. The information is already abundant, but the tools still need to be made. Some just need to be learned how to use them. This is what everyone(?) is doing.

In fact, all that is written is not perceived until you do it in practice. I assume that by the moment when all the necessary tools are ready and some positive results are received in researches and all this is confirmed in the real, desire to share it with all world (if it was at all initially) disappears, therefore they are encrypted. And what is the point of ringing all over the world? For the sake of an experiment, what will come of it? Well in principle it's interesting too, provided that you supply yourself from A to Z, plus have alternative sources of income, plenty of free time and nothing else to do. ))

tol64:

.... There is already a lot of information, but the tools still need to be made. ....All that is written is not perceived until you put it into practice.That's what everyone(?) is doing.

What is the point of shouting to the world?

In the process of research, information seems to be exchanged, and it may be that to get it, you have to share it first.

Availability and quality of information depends on the resource's audience. When you grow out of one "sandbox", you climb up to the next and it is not certain that you will be accepted/understood immediately, unlike those who descend to it (having qualitatively higher knowledge/knowledge). There is a certain theory of "evolution" in which things evolve in a spiral - passing stage after stage and at each you get missing, but who can not wait, you should immediately go to a higher level and then missing (should be at the missed stages) - will or will happen. I think an analogy like "tell me about your circle of friends and it'll become clear who you are" and "you flew high but it hurts when you fell" would be appropriate.

on the subject of identifying market patterns.... For example, I "dig" based on my understanding of connectivity in movement directions of currency pairs of 5 - 8 major currencies / probably a form of arbitrage/. At the same time I know that other traders' interest in the TS, which does not show results, is zero. Therefore, thehrenfx's advice: studying TS with good results is a good opportunity to "get to the bottom" of its ideas/consequences.

Rational Regularities were "determined" when I was "trading with my hands" and studied the experience of others - then I just created and polished TS, now I can't suggest an algorithm for their finding - because there is no objective in creating a new TS.

pantural:

The problem I have at first glance is technical, *.csv or other data format contains only orders and their characteristics, there is no intermediate price to see where in which place an order is sent, this has to be filled in manually, how to do it automatically?

https://www.mql5.com/ru/code/9300
StatementToGraph
StatementToGraph
  • votes: 5
  • Денис Орлов
  • www.mql5.com
Графическое отображение стейта ( Statement ), перенос данных таблицы на график для удобства анализа.

Gentlemen, the thread is called "market patterns" and not "how to choose a PAMM account" - that's off-topic. And what hrenfx is trying to write about is also an off-topic. This is his vision, very specific and specialized.

Pantural, you asked the right question. Essentially you want to find a technology for identifying patterns. You are trying to create an algorithm for this scheme, which is logical, but I want to disappoint you: during the years of studying this subject I personally do not have any reliable algorithm for detecting these patterns. Neither have other members of the community, which can be understood from abstract answers such as "study other people's results and don't read Soviet newspapers". A logical approach will also do nothing, because there is a big difference between what seems logical and what actually happens. Often, if not always, identifying a pattern is a poke in the sky, guessed or unguessed.

Reason: