mt5/mt4? - page 4

gpwr:

Until the fate of MT5 becomes clearer, start with MT4. For novice programmers, MT4 is fine: the language is much simpler. I myself switched to MT5 in 2010 and I´m developing my own system using MT5 for different reasons:

1. Better optimizer (the number of parameters is not limited).

2. Deeper history for all the quotes

For now, besides these 2 advantages I do not see others for me. But after the development of my system I will have to rewrite it on MT4 because no broker in the USA does not offer MT5 yet. In my opinion metaquotes should have improved MT4 instead of introducing a new MT5 so that the old codes work in the new environment. For example, in MQL4, input parameter is described by input key, while in MQL5 it is described by extern key. Was this and other syntax changes of the language really necessary for its functionality? It was possible to introduce classes and structures and other additions to MQL4 without destroying its compatibility with old codes. The new environment with a new language has most likely been created for financial reasons: new product - new licenses. The programmers benefit from it: new language means new orders for old codes to be rewritten into the new language.

I am familiar with C++ in the recent past (8 years ago) (I took an advanced course), and the problem with the logical part of mql5 did not arise, I mastered the basics of the language in a week and a half using Help and a few articles. But it's still necessary to have a "reference database" for the rest of the Sourcebook, in order to know where to look for a particular function, variable, etc. to know whether there is such a function or variable in nature. For this you need to read at least once, which is at least 1-2 months of work. So I'm not afraid of the logical complexity of the language, but the volume of its specialized functions, constants, enumerations, etc. I'm not at all motivated to study 2 instances of such a large class. That's why I'm at a crossroads. But I need to bet not on the current winner, but on the future one. That is, one who will be at the top in 1-2 years, when I plan to get at least a minimum level of proff-competence. And yet something tells me that 5-th will break through. Especially in the stock exchanges there are already gathered.

tol64:

Oh, how many arrows you've moved. I don't want to show the state. You have a $200 system that does not work in the tester. I have installed the required indicator. I am testing it on EURUSD H8 but it still does not work. Please advise.

Check out this article: MetaTrader 5 - More Than You Can Imagine!

The future is clearly in MetaTrader 5.

Alex_Bondar:

I noticed about downloading/unloading quotes history at once, but I thought that in mt5 this possibility is hidden somewhere else, if it is not present at all, then it is not clear to me why they did it that way? I don't know, what would be the point of that?

Thanks for the clarifications and recommendations. I'll have to weigh it all up again and try to understand the trend for the next couple of years.

If you already know it, everything is clear to you. In defence of MT5 I can only say that it's very nice to be able to use mql5 to create graphic controls

well, the trend is a dark matter, the developers have their own vision of what is necessary for a trader and programmer, their opinion about the need and "no way" they change unpredictably - in the last couple of years they have largely met the wishes of users

Пользовательские графические элементы управления. Часть 3. Формы
Пользовательские графические элементы управления. Часть 3. Формы
  • Dmitry Fedoseev
  • www.mql5.com
Этой последняя из трех статей, посвященных графическим элементам управления. В ней рассматривается создание главного элемента графического интерфейса, формы, и ее совместное использование с другими элементами управления. Кроме классов формы библиотека элементов управления дополнена классами CFrame, CButton, CLabel.

Renat:

Check out this article: MetaTrader 5 - More Than You Can Imagine!

It's hard to imagine what will be in Mt6 )) What I miss most of all is a gateway. If you do not cram with files to copy signals from МТ5 to МТ5. Maybe there are plans for such a chip? I would think I have everything and do not have this thing.

lordlev:
It's hard to imagine what will happen in mt6 )) In general, what I miss the most is a gateway. So that I do not have to bother with files to copy signals from MT5. Maybe there are plans for such a chip? It would seem that I have everything but this thing is absent.
There is a native signal service, and if you want to communicate directly without files - Communication with MetaTrader 5 through named channels without DLL.

Renat:
Signal service is native, and if you need to communicate directly without files - Communication with MetaTrader 5 via named channels without the use of a DLL.
interesting, let's explore

Renat:

Who's arguing? We mean here and now. And we will see there.

lordlev:
Oh, you're so full of it. You don't even have to show the state. I have installed the required indicator. I am testing it on EURUSD H8 but it still does not work. Please advise.

1. Look at your own state. Someone else's will tell you nothing (if it's just a picture), but your own will tell you a lot. )) Try to start from the opposite direction, if you can not stand the absence of facts that prove the profitability of a method. Show a stack that disproves one method or another and describe what you did. In the process of creating rebuttal tools, you may suddenly come to the conclusion that things are not as they may have seemed at first sight. And you won't want to share the facts with others. That's usually what happens. It's a battle of the hemispheres. ))

You need more than one indicator. Read the article carefully and look at logs (there are facts in logs). In general, I am preparing a new scheme now, because what I have now is too difficult to use. It tires me out. )) I've given up using the scheme in one EA/symbol of several TCs. Everything can be made simpler. I'll write a detailed article with facts later. ))

gpwr:

Until the fate of MT5 becomes clearer, start with MT4. For novice programmers, MT4 is fine: the language is much simpler. I myself switched to MT5 in 2010 and I´m developing my own system using MT5 for different reasons:

1. Better optimizer (the number of parameters is not limited)

Is the 1024 parameter limitation already removed?

Actually it (limitation) can be bypassed by writing the parameters to a file. In that case, an unlimited number of parameters can definitely be created. I am currently working on such a scheme.

Reason: