Service Work: Towards re-shaping the Top Developers towards professionalism - page 5

abolk:
Suggestion to developers. Introduce an option in the interface settings of the Profile: "Don't show my nickname in the 'Developers' list". Then everyone can remove themselves from the Jobs service.
Just don't act like an outraged innocence.

FAQ:
You don't have to play the offended innocence.

What if the developer is no longer developing, but is being persistently commissioned for work.

Maybe the developer:

1. doesn't want to be commissioned,

2. he wants to choose what he likes.

The "Jobs" service in its current form has one serious disadvantage. There is no financial responsibility of the performer for failure to meet the deadline. Basically, the order is received by the top performer. At this moment he has several other orders in the pipeline. He agrees to short deadlines and violates them, knowing that there is no penalty for that. At the same time, other performers are sitting idle. The customer gets nervous. There needs to be a fair settlement. Penalty for each day of delay.

iTC:
The "Jobs" service in its current form has one serious flaw. There is no financial responsibility of the person who places the order for failure to meet the deadline. Usually the order is placed with a top performer. At this moment he has several other orders in the pipeline. He agrees to short deadlines and violates them, knowing that there is no penalty for that. At the same time, other performers are sitting idle. The customer gets nervous. There needs to be a fair settlement. Penalty for each day of delay.

Not a solution, .... I think it is necessary to have a more competent approach to the selection of a performer, each performer's profile shows how many orders he has in his work and you need to be realistic about this parameter.

Why would a person on the line can take orders if he already has orders and he really estimates the timing and holds the terms of the contract.

On the other hand if deadlines are not met in relation to the terms specified in the applications, there is arbitration, if there will be many appeals on this subject to a particular performer, I think the arbitration will take action against the performer.

Just planning helps... And you do not need to put a deadline of "From 5 days" to infinity - such a request is clearly perceived as "not in a hurry".

IvanIvanov:

Why would a person not be able to queue up orders if they already have orders and are realistic about the timing and keeping to the terms of the contract.

And if he does not hold out and was not going to hold out?

File a complaint with the arbitration. Then withdrawal of the order. Loss of time, both for the contractor and the client. The customer does not get what he wants in due time, the executor, wasted time on part of the work. Not a way out either.

The customer expects the top performer to calculate the time himself. If he is such a top performer, he should be trusted to get the job done in time. Especially the price of the order and a specific deadline tells how much time a "competent programmer" needs for such a job at the rate of 20 c.u. per hour. The fine should cure it!

iTC:

Information is available on each developer - how many orders are currently in progress. Information is also available on when and at what pace each job is completed. There is no information only on what stage the job is at. From the information provided it is easy to make conclusions - what number your order is in the queue.

Arbitration in the service works quickly - one day at a time.

Practice shows that if the task is not completed on time, it becomes a "burden" for both the developer and the customer. In terms of execution time it is faster to terminate the task and find another one.

This is the third time I have ordered a job and this is the second time I have encountered this problem. Rejected by a non-top one. Trusted the top one. Geez. Until they fix it and introduce penalties for failure to meet deadlines, I will only use the services of a familiar programmer, bypassing this service.

iTC:
Third time ordering work and second time encountering this problem. Rejected by a non-top one. Trusted the top one. Hemorrhage. Until they fix it and introduce penalties for failure to meet deadlines, I will only use the services of a familiar programmer, bypassing this service.

The market in action.....

iTC:
The customer expects the top performer to calculate the time himself. If he is such a top performer, he should be trusted to do everything in time. Especially, the price of the order and a specific deadline indicate how much time a "competent programmer" needs for such work at the rate of 20 c.u. per hour. The fine should cure it!

Attempting to shift responsibility to another amidst the bravado of 'I deliberately turn my head off, rely on the contractor and demand 100% responsibility for everything from the contractor', brings imminent problems for the author.

In any case, for our part, we will increase customers' awareness of potential performers and prohibit them from recruiting many jobs.

Reason: