Proposal to the organisers of the Championship

It is now the fourth day since the starting shot was fired, marking the start of ATC2012. All participants and observers have had time to get to know the three-monthly Jedi money to enrich their owners, at least cursorily. I did not stand aside and I can say that I took this exercise very seriously.) I'd like to share my findings and discuss an idea that has arisen along the way.

1. The number of MQL5 Championships (2010-2012) has notably increased. Yes, there is an upward trend, but it is not very significant.
  2. The quality of Expert Advisors is getting better technically (thanks to the standard library and the MQL Wizard), but has lost a lot in novelty. The thesis "every cook can write in MQL" may lead to a competition in the style of "who can best guess MACD parameters able to bring the balance to the highest point in three months". And where are the new ideas? After all, MQL is first of all a language that helps to describe one's trading strategies, which means the strategy itself is primary. I have a feeling that this is irrevocably lost.
  3. Eventually there are not more participants generating and trying new trading ideas and principles.
  4. There are more tester grails, which indirectly confirms item 2.
  5. Multiple registrations eliminating several dozens of people shortly before the start signals two things: one - a person decided to increase his chances of winning by covering possible price movements by different sets of parameters one of which can "shoot", and the second - a person has several trading ideas he/she decided to display to the public. And while the first is an absolute evil, the second is somewhere on the edge.
So here's the proposal.

I propose to increase the number of EAs exhibited by a single participant. Naturally, with the restriction that only one expert, as determined by the participant before the start, takes part in the competition for the main prize, the others just demonstrate their ideas. In my opinion, this will be good for the Organiser - perhaps the audience will be more interested to see not a clone competition, but an alternative competition of trading ideas, which will give an influx of interest to the competition (for example, I would love to see how the top ten ATC2011 experts behave at the current championship). It will be good for participants for whom the Championship will become a promotional platform for their talents and ideas.

What do you think about it?

Документация по MQL5: Стандартная библиотека
Документация по MQL5: Стандартная библиотека
  • www.mql5.com
Стандартная библиотека - Документация по MQL5

Vladix:

I propose to increase the number of experts exhibited by one contestant...

What do you think about it?

You may not be aware of it, but you can put an unlimited number of trading ideas (strategies) in one Expert Advisor. You will not believe it, but there are a lot of robots that trade on several markets simultaneously according to several strategies.

C-4: 

You probably do not know this, butyou can put an unlimited number of trading ideas (strategies) into one EA. And you will not believe it, but there are a lot of robots that trade on several markets simultaneously using several strategies.

The tone of your message comes across as an irritated "Where else did you come from, it's been said a hundred times before". I hope I am wrong.

I am aware of it, I have read the article and I know how to apply this approach in practice. But the essence of the proposal is not to combine several successful experts in one championship (nothing will prevent it), but to give an opportunity to differentiate the strategies and let the audience see how differentauthors' strategies work in one and the same market.

A simple example: let's say you have added seven unique strategies to your Expert Advisor and Uncle Tolya from Taganrog has optimized the MACD. In the current state of affairs, the viewers will see oneinteresting strategy in your work, while in the one I have suggested - eight.

And another thing, how would it be technically possible to implement such a whim?

Vladix:

(For example, I'd love to see how ATC2011 top ten experts would behave in the current championship

It seems strange to allow the same EA from other participants, but ban multiple EAs from the same participant. And then search for them by IP ))

Vladix:

Suppose you have added seven unique strategies to your Expert Advisor, while Uncle Tolya from Taganrog has optimized the MACD. In the current state of affairs, the viewers will see oneinteresting strategy in your work, while in the one I have suggested - eight.

The reality is that apart from "Uncle Tolya" with 100 variants of MACD parameters already, we will not see anything. Neither will we see professional participants who do not want to take part in an uncontrolled and insane competition.

The rules are well thought out, there have been numerous internal discussions with questions "maybe something should be changed". As a result, in 6 years it has turned out that the rules cannot be changed.

Vladix:

A simple example: Suppose you have added seven unique strategies to your Expert Advisor, while Uncle Tolya from Taganrog has optimised the MACD. In the current state of affairs the viewers will see one interesting strategy in your work, while in the one I have suggested - eight.

And another thing, how can we technically implement such a fad now?

It turns out to be buttery. The next step would be a ban on multi-trading and splitting long and short trades into different robots.

Renat:

The reality is that apart from "Uncle Tolya" with 100 variants of MACD parameters already, we will not see anything. Nor will we see any professional participants who do not want to take part in an uncontrolled and insane competition.

The rules are well thought out, there have been many internal discussions with questions being raised "maybe something needs to be changed?". As a result, in 6 years it has turned out that the rules cannot be changed.

I dare say that Uncle Tolya would not have had sense in entering 100 similar Expert Advisors in a competition that would not make him money in principle (and this is the main motivation for such Uncle Tolya). And another thing - such people usually do not have time to optimize a single Expert Advisor before the start, where is a hundred?

But I won't argue, your audience is much better known to you. I'll be glad if my suggestion, if not supported, will at least lead to some thoughts that will make the contest more colourful and interesting.

And there will also be a hundred percent precedents when the Man will send 5 EAs, 3 of which will be very simple, based on a standard indicator, optimised on history. Why would you do that? Well, guess! ;))) I understand that only one EA will compete for the prize. And the organizers have to deal with this ignorance.

The one who has to show his ideas will monitor and promote them without the Championship.

Some ideas have only one head and one computer, and I do not see the point in publishing such ideas...

MaxZ:
And there will also be a hundred percent precedents when the Man will send 5 EAs, 3 of which will be very simple, based on a standard indicator, optimised on history. Why would you do that? Well, guess! ;))) I understand that only one EA will compete for the prize. And the Organizers will have to deal with this ignorance.
The additional advisors may be subject to strict requirements for their description, and in general, it would be possible to limit the range of persons who can do it (for example, by participation in the life of the community).

Vladix:
For additional advisors, it would be possible to impose strict requirements for their description, and in general, it would be possible to limit the circle of people who can do so (for example, participation in the life of the community).
But for some reason most of these people do not display their Advisors for the Championship ...

MaxZ:
But for some reason most of these people do not put their Advisors to the Championship...
That's why there won't be an influx of monkeys. On the other hand, if someone from the "Circle of Faces" were to use this point, the contest would become more colourful
Reason: