Why don't I read the articles?

This thread was created for feedback between readers and writers of the articles published on the resource.

The main purpose: so that readers can not only criticize the shortcomings of the texts (for this purpose each article has feedback in the form of comments), but also to direct the authors in the right direction, i.e. to suggest what they would like to read in the articles.

As a seed, here are some suggestions from the readers of the " Why don't I write articles?

gpwr:

I will give my opinion about the articles. I myself have read only 2-3 articles here. It's much simpler than that. We are all here for one of two reasons: some of us are code-developers who are interested in the language's features and write articles to order; some of us are trying to develop something for ourselves. I belong to the latter. That is, I'm interested in interesting trading strategies. The terminal and its programming language are only a means to an end, not the end itself. Therefore, articles on how to create a nice panel on the chart or how to create an Expert Advisor in a couple of minutes do not interest me. Unfortunately, there are few articles that discuss interesting trading systems. In most cases such articles are written theoretically. Titles alone discourage from reading them:

Application of Eigen-coordinates Method to Analysis of Non-Extensive Statistical Distributions Structure

Kernel estimation of the unknown probability density function.

I've already suggested here that most of the articles here contain theoretical methods and don't show how to apply them to trading. It would be nice to read articles of a more practical orientation. And they may not necessarily be very scientific. The article on how to correctly apply IACD for profitable trading with examples will be hundreds times more useful than a theoretical article on the transformation of the Ridder-Zhmyr without any examples of trading.

Sad to see that the discussion of trading systems is weak here as well. To get interesting ideas, I go to other sites where people freely share their ideas and developments. There were a few people here whose posts were interesting to read. But they were banned.

Some articles I haven't read because I didn't know they existed, even though they were written a year or two ago.

If an article is not about market research, I flick through it.

I do not read articles of the level listed by gpwr.It does not affect my trading.

I am only interested in MM and psychology.

I would like to have articles on TS with high quality analysis.

I have not got to it yet.

Karlson:

I don't read gpwr's listed articles. it doesn't affect my trading.

I do not quite agree with gpwr- articles with descriptions and examples of new and even old functions of the terminal are essential. Also the interface of Expert Advisors is very important, because the operability of the decision making in semi-Manual trading may depend on the interface design.

The fact is that MetaTrader 5 has a rich functionality and it is expanding all the time. That's why it's necessary to keep abreast of it. And a good article on the functionality is much more informative than a dry reference. Besides, the ready-made example provided in the article allows you to avoid the gut feeling method or addressing to the forum for advice, and quickly get acquainted with the details of application.

Articles like "How to create ... in a couple of minutes" have been my entry ticket when moving from one terminal to another. If someone who is not familiar with MetaTrader 5 at all comes to the site, these same articles are more than necessary.

You just need to understand that different users have different levels of competence, and the Help is not the most convenient method for describing various nuances, as it is more suitable only for general situations.

Yes I mean the two article links in the post...

Karlson:

Yes I mean the two article links in the post...

Judging by the comments on those two articles, the authors have found their readers. They may not be many, but they are interested.

Don't judge everything by yourself and make everyone look alike. If you personally are not interested in something, it doesn't mean that no one should read articles that don't appeal to you.

Reshetov:

Judging by the comments to the two articles, the authors have found their readers. They may be few in number, but they are interested.

There is no need to judge everything by yourself and make everything look alike. If you personally are not interested in something, it doesn't mean that no one should read articles that don't appeal to you.

First, I have not said that the articles are useless and unnecessary. Each one has its own reader. That is why I have not judged anyone. Read carefully.

Secondly, it is a question of why people do not read them. I said about myself, not about others.

Karlson:

First, I have not said that the articles are useless and unnecessary. Each one has its own reader. That is why I do not judge anyone. Read carefully.

Secondly, it is a question of why they do not read them. I told them about me, not about others, because they are interested in private opinions.

I agree about private opinion.

But he does not get any constructive messages. If everyone expresses his/her private opinion on articles that are not interesting for them, then we will get to the conclusion that there are no comrades of taste and colour, and any published article must be rejected by some criteria.

It would probably be more correct to call the subject "What would I like to read in articles?" or "What should be contained in the text of an article so that it would be interesting to me?

Reshetov:

The correct title would probably be: "What would I like to read in articles?" or "What should be in the text of an article to make it interesting to me?

I've written an answer to that question too.

I would like to see articles on TC with a qualitative analysis.

Karlson:

I have also written an answer to this question.

I would like articles on TC with a qualitative breakdown.

This is closer to the case, although the term "qualitative" is subjective. Perhaps it would be better to provide links to similar articles on mql5, mql4 or other resources so that the writers could understand whom they should look up to in order to attract the readership to their side.

Karlson:

I have also written an answer to this question.

I would like articles on TC with a qualitative breakdown.

In the context, I'll repeat my question from the original thread.

Are there many authors who only live on trade instead of using the programmer's services? I think the answer is clear.

That's why the result is that we simply cannot have an article of this format. But there are a lot of articles of the "I've simplified a globally-read code thrice" style. The programmer knows how to write it but he/she just doesn't understand what to write, + mathematics education has an effect - the quotes are not a random string of numbers.

Reason: