Pure maths, physics, logic (braingames.ru): non-trade-related brain games - page 175

komposter:
Of course, I will not die of curiosity, but I would be grateful for explanations)

I think what I meant was that interest is compounded monthly,

so it's only X percent per month and 20% per year:

(1+Х/100)^12=1+20/100

Accordingly, in 9 months there will be accrued (or rather on the account) only :

(1+X/100)^9 or in numbers it is 1.2^(3/4)

it seems to me.

ALXIMIKS:

as it seems to me.

That's right. But I'd torture him some more. I don't care anymore. Looks like there won't be a mass migration from flat earth to round earth... :)

ALXIMIKS:

I think I meant that the interest is calculated on a monthly basis,

Got it, thanks.

MetaDriver:
That's right. But I'd torture him some more. I don't think we're going to make a mass migration from flat earth to round earth. :)

Be-bye-bye :-R

komposter:

Bang, bang, bang.

;)

Do you guys use credit?

Where have you seen compound interest on loans? Usually, interest is calculated on the amount owed, and the amount of interest on the loan hangs by itself, waiting to be paid (or overdue :)) )

MetaDriver:
That's right. But I'd torture him some more. I don't think he'll get the point. I don't care anymore. I don't think we're going to get a mass migration from flat earth to round earth. :)

Why not more torture? :). As far as I understand, in reality when it comes to deposits banks usually calculate the monthly interest simply by dividing the annual by 12 (not by taking the root). We know that if there is capitalisation, this is written separately and the annual percentage is given in brackets. Therefore this argument

MetaDriver:

Let's get on with it:

In another 3 months, by your logic it should be 93150*(100 + 20/12*3)*0.01 = 97807.5, right?

Let's check: 97807.5/81000 = 1.2075.

Oops. It should be 1.20 exactly! There's a mistake somewhere...! ...so where?

;)

misleading to the public :), because capitalisation is applied, and applied quite arbitrarily. The correct calculation would be

93150 + 81000*20/12*3*0.01 = 97200.

Divide 97200 by 81000 and you get 1.2 with a deep sense of satisfaction :)

It's not like extracting roots 10 times a day :))

Candid:

The correct calculation will be

93150 + 81000*20/12*3*0.01 = 97200.

Divide 97200 by 81000 and you get 1.2 with a feeling of satisfaction :)

That's it, I'm done...

;))

Candid:

I don't extract my root so many times a day :)))

Contender:

I don't extract my root so many times in one day :))

The root of evil? :))

There are term and open-ended deposits (flexible deposits) , the condition is intentionally smeared: one can understand both withdrawals from an open-ended deposit (compound interest, capitalisation and root) and early withdrawals from a term deposit (may be a total loss of interest, or simply the right to close the account after a certain period with simple interest withdrawal, a split operation). Usually, people don't really get into the reasons for this difference in calculation, and extrapolate one of the methods to both cases.
Reason: