Pure maths, physics, logic (braingames.ru): non-trade-related brain games - page 159

Your solution is hard to understand, I don't really want to go into details. It sounds like something programmatic or something like that. Well, the main thing is that the question of the problem has been answered and accurately set, so we will consider it solved. And about the fact that I have a "second time" is better and stricter, I say this is the solution, which I wrote in the answer, and which I immediately credited. And here I paraphrased to start with, so that there are fewer letters, but in principle they are absolutely identical, just with different words. So I don't even know why the first one seemed to be a bit rigid.

Well, I would like to present a theorem problem (although the solution is not really a theorem, it can be solved by different mathematical or logical ways), which I had an impressive time in the test, but now it is stupidly canceled incomprehensible way, apparently thinking my solution is not rigorous enough, do not like the reasoning. In general, I know the right answer, let's try to solve it together.

One hundred people stand in a queue and want to buy a box of matches for 50 kopecks each. Fifty of them only have 50 kopecks each and the other 50 only have a ruble each. Find the probability that the seller will be able to give everybody the change, if there is no money in the cash register at the beginning.

There is a correct solution. There is no justification, alas, illiterate.

Road_king:

Your solution is hard to understand, I don't really want to go into details. It sounds like something programmatic or something like that. Well, the main thing is that the question of the problem has been answered and accurately set, so we will consider it solved. And about the fact that I have a"second time" is better and stricter, I say this is the solution, which I wrote in the answer, and which I immediately credited. And here I paraphrased to start with, so that there are fewer letters, but in principle they are absolutely identical, just with different words. That's why I don't even know why the first variant seemed to be lax.

I don't want to argue with you. If you do not like my decision - I do not impose.

About the highlighting in blue: I didn't write it that way, it's your interpretation.

Well, I want to submit a theorem problem (although the solution is not really a theorem, it can be solved by different mathematical or logical ways), which I had an impressive time in the credit, but now it is stupidly canceled incomprehensibly, apparently thinking my solution is not rigorous enough, do not like the reasoning. In general, I know the correct answer, let's try to solve it together.

One hundred people stand in a queue and want to buy a box of matches for 50 kopecks each. Fifty of them only have 50 kopecks each and the other 50 only have a ruble each. Find the probability that the seller will be able to give everybody the change, if there is no money in the cash register at the beginning.

Objection! I haven't solved it myself. Neither have you, by the way.

I know the answer and I am sure of it, but there is no solution yet.

Mathemat:

The answer is known and certain, but no solution yet.

PS. no, not 0.5

Contender:

PS. No, not 0.5

0.5 certainly can't be. After all, that percentage would be if the first buyer decides everything. But he has a 50% chance of screwing up the whole case if he comes with a ruble, or give a chance of luck if he comes with half a ton, but it's still not 100%. And the rest of us might still fail the whole case. So the odds are clearly less than 0.5

Road_king:

I don't know how you came to this...

I wrote above - numerical method... i.e. take, for example, Excel, insert formulas, get the result...
Files:
uqo6.zip  1180 kb

Probability = 1.

Because if there is no change, the person will wait for it to appear and others will buy whoever has no change. In the end, everyone will walk away with matches.

The conditions of the problem allow this.

Heroix:

Probability = 1.

Because if there is no change, the person will wait for it to appear and others will buy whoever has no change. In the end, everyone will walk away with matches.

The conditions of the problem allow this.

Score!

Heroix: By the terms of the problem, this is allowed.
Clarification from the forum moderators: this is not allowed.

Mathemat:
Clarification from the forum moderators: this is unacceptable.

I disagree with the moderators. Otherwise, correct the terms of the problem.

Reason: