Is martin so bad? Or do you have to know how to cook it? - page 48

server:
Interesting video... One point is disturbing, and leads to serious and sad thoughts. If it's forgivable for a blonde presenter to say such a thing, but when a "smart uncle", a "market doc" talks about the Martingale principle as a trading strategy, it's frightening.

I found some interesting information in wikipedia for the problem of player's ruin:

cf. The paradox of increased stakes in unfavourable play, The challenge of player ruin

I only quote the conclusions:

So if the probability of the first player's desired overturn is less than 0.5, he benefits from increasing his stake by r > 1: it decreases the probability of his terminal ruin due to the growing probability of jumping out of the pass in point B. This solution seems paradoxical because one gets the impression that in the adverse situation one should lower the stake and decrease the loss, but in fact with infinite number of games and low stake the losing player is sure to end up losing to zero and the player with higher stakes in the end.

Задача о разорении игрока — Википедия
  • ru.wikipedia.org
За столом сидят два игрока. У первого в распоряжении находится рублей, у второго в распоряжении находится рублей. Перед ними на столе лежит асимметричная монета (вероятность, что выпадет аверс, может равняться любому числу от 0 до 1 включительно). Если на монете выпадает аверс, то рубль выигрывает первый игрок (второй игрок выплачивает первому...

Reshetov:

I found some interesting information in wikipedia for the player ruin problem:

cf. The paradox of increased stakes in unfavourable play, The challenge of player ruin

I only quote the conclusions:

So if the probability of the first player's desired overturn is less than 0.5, it is profitable for him to increase the bet by r > 1 time: it decreases the probability of his terminal ruin due to the increasing probability of jumping out of the corridor in point B. This solution seems paradoxical, because the impression is that in an unfavourable situation one should decrease the stake and decrease the loss, but in fact with infinite number of games and low stake the losing player is sure to end up losing zero, and the player with higher stake will end up with a loss.

Good example, supported by mathematical proof))

It works true in practice, but this is the first time I've seen such a mathematical proof.

A really paradoxical proof for most who are against averaging or martingale.

You just have to understand that we're not all at a communist construction site here, we're playing a zero-sum game, even a negative one. Which means that all the normal guys are going to be fighting each other. That's why the most profitable MM is being shouted down.

I first wanted to justify mathematically proving the correctness of Martingale, but then I thought, why do I need it? It is not profitable for me, I'd rather everyone do the opposite.

Almost everything is paradoxical in trading, you should play against the crowd, and if you lose, you should average and raise rates... Everything depends on confidence in your actions. Who is more confident and goes to the end, he steals the jackpot, and who panics and reduces the lot that becomes meat.

There is a whole industry working to demoralise and ridicule the right approach.

EvMir:

I first wanted to justify the mathematical proof of Martingale, but then I thought, why should I?

))) I wanted to give a proof of the inferiority of the martin, but do I need it?

The mathematical proof of the fidelity of the martin game is provided by..... I understand..... a few posts above.

Thank you very much Reshetovu))

Everything else is BLEF, nothing more.

iModify:

Mathematical proof of the fidelity of the game of martin provided

)))) are you all right in the head?

TheXpert:
)))) Is your head all right?

NO. In your mind, but you won't understand it, because of your limitations.

I have long since moved to another level of consciousness.

I repeat once again, I am from Novosibirsk, from Akademgorodok, you may consider me not quite normal, I understand you perfectly.

And I want to thank you separately for the pleasant conversation))

Yes, it's already top notch, it's all proven by the Expert
TheXpert:
)))) are you all right in the head?
At least he has a head)

OK )) go back to your juice. At least give Reshetov some money for his phone )) as a thank you.

Reason: