Discussing conflicts between programmers and customers. A discussion of ambiguous situations between the programmer and the client, and a rating of the most conflicted programmer performers. - page 14

Bormotun:
Are you a psychic to know what I will ask for in the future?

Yeah, sort of, and one hundred percent.

If you order an EA that works with one order, then you will definitely be asked to make it possible to open several orders. If you do not make a trailing stop into the EA silently, they will definitely ask you to open more than one order. Then we will be asked to modify the EA for a five-figure EA and then we will be asked to open it without StopLoss and TakeProfit. If there is no Shift for indicators, you will be definitely asked to modify it.

Integer:
The first case is yes. But in case of the second one, we may run into something. One Expert Advisor wanders around the network and there is a quite complex system with orders in it where the orders are marked with the magician.

It's understandable - but when a magician is made by developer himself - he knows what he's doing - and we should thank him instead of throwing a fit, saying why I need this magician and don't want to see it.

All the more - you can just say "Hide" in the final version - and that's the deal.

Bormotun:
Have you ever wondered what so many extra variables may do? Are you a psychic to know what I will ask for in the future?

First you can ask if it is not in the description (or is it?)

Secondly, we can remove and leave only those that are in the terms of reference.

The third is the WORKING MOMENTS that make up the work.

You are a whiner.

Integer:

Once again - It's clear - the letter writer is a nervous wrecker. The description of the variables is fine, but if there were unknown variables without a description, that would be another matter.

So the ToR is no longer a document for you? So if you change the functionality of variables, their names, increase their number by several times, it's ok, but if the customer requires them to be in strict compliance with the requirements specification then you are a bucktoothed? I like it. I still hope that at least one of your potential customers will be interested to read this statement. In general, I would advise to put them in the profile of the performer in the section Features of the programmer.

Mischek:

You're such a whiner.

What kind of kindergarten is this?

Mischek:

First you can ask if it is not in the description ( or is it ?)

Why should I have to ask? You need to ask, and give me what's in the terms of reference or go to...

Bormotun:
So the terms of reference are no longer a document for you? So if you change the functionality of variables, their names, increase their number by several times, it's okay, but if the customer demands to comply exactly with the terms of reference, you are a bogeyman? I like it. I still hope that at least one of your potential customers will be interested to read this statement. I would generally advise sticking them in the contractor's profile in the programmer's features section.

Don't twist my words and twist my words. There was no talk about changing the functionality of variables.

As for the names, I haven't seen any of the terms of reference with variable names so that the variables can really be named like this. If the client doesn't want a good-performing Expert Advisor but just the checkers, he usually leaves on these checkers, for God's sake, I'm only happy about it. Also, when the customer gets too involved in the logic of the functionality - it looks very lame, the average customer is not able to figure out the layout in his mind for two moves, it looks like nothing more than a demonstration of mental paucity.

The most interesting thing is that at first they berated the customers, calling them stupid, and now they realize that the problem is a lack of compliance with their terms of reference, that's it, stupid customers are not relevant, now customers are letter-writers, I wonder what other customers there are? It would be better to roll out a list, and whom they met, so that you immediately have an idea who is who.

Bormotun:
Why should I ask? You need it, you ask it, and give me what's in the terms of reference or go to...
Well, dream on, skype impressionist.

There have been some cases where I had to finish the work until it was "exactly as specified",
Bormotun:
The most interesting thing is that at first we criticised the customers, calling them stupid, but now we realise that the problem is the inconsistency of the terms of reference, that's it, stupid customers are not relevant, now customers are letter-writers, I wonder what other customers there are? It would be better to roll out a list, and who met what, so you know at once who is who.
Obviously, you put your own meaning in the concept of TOR. In that case, you need to formalize their TOR in accordance with state standards))). How do you like this idea?
Reason: