MQL5 training - page 9

Mischek:
Of course she does. Probably a lot. Spending all your free time on "re-learning" those who are too lazy to even Google the gaps.
One thing to go on the beaten track, quite another to fill their tracks with bruises and bumps, throw away the compass and navigating the folk omens (where a flock of crows flew). And I know how to google and Yandexit. Only that does not come out once did not see a methodical presentation of the material, are always some scraps of reprints, the feeling that pisalasala same as I am with a specific perception of reality.

ivandurak:
It is one thing to follow a well-trodden road, quite another to make your own path with bruises and bumps, throwing away your compass and navigating by folk omens (where a flock of crows flew). And I know how to google and Yandexit. Only what does not come out once did not see a methodical presentation of the material, are always some scraps of reprints, the feeling that pisalsals like me with a specific perception of reality.
It does not mean that someone is interested and needs to choose the right course for you.

Mischek:
It does not follow that anyone is interested and needs to find a course for you
Mikalas:

I see!

But it's not clear.

Yes, there's so much shouting about courses being unnecessary that it's hard to believe.

I just started to learn the language this week, and I can tell you that it's a quagmire for those who are new to the language. Let me tell you about myself: I'm a decent programmer in C, more than I was taught at uni. I fully understand and understand the benefit of the idea of OOP in C++. Also I have experience in this language at the level of writing simple class libraries. Well, I also have a big experience in JavaScript, which also has much in common with C.

And here I have this baggage of knowledge and education MEPhI, I can tell you that getting to this resource is just lost. There are no reference points and no standard ways of mastering the material. There are some scattered articles by different authors which you cannot always take an example from. There is a manual for 3000 pages that is absolutely impossible to read if you have just started to learn the language.

What is lacking is an official book-tutorial where language creators would explain the RIGHT basic approaches to standard things, put everything in order, and then explain the necessity of OOP and all the elegance of its intelligent use - creation of class libraries for various tasks. Instead of this you can spend all day reading all sorts of reams of ideas and documentation, and by the evening get up and do not understand anything.

There is a second problem: even if I am very smart and figure out how to make a puzzle of things I need. Then I'll even add something of my own, maybe. But the code will be in crutches, because it will be done "as it happens" and not in a proper way. It's almost impossible to get the methodology and philosophy of using the language correctly by visiting this site. Yes, there may be Correct articles here, but by the time you get to them, your head will be spinning.

I'd like to ask forum users, who boast of learning to program in MQL on their own in 2 weeks, whether they really understand MQL methodology completely and write their code the way the language creators have intended? You can hammer a nail with a microscope... But I have a feeling that there are coders who use the language features like a microscope - and have all the arrogance in the world!

Here's a course (or textbook) that would immediately instruct people on the right path and teach them how to program as it should be done (and not as it will be done) - we need it like air.

megapotz:

I just started to learn the language this week, and I can tell you that it's a quagmire for those who are new to the language. Let me tell you about myself: I'm a decent programmer in C, more than I was given at uni. I fully understand and understand the benefit of the idea of OOP in C++. Also I have experience in this language at the level of writing simple class libraries. And I have a big experience in JavaScript which also has a lot in common with C.

Then you can easily open the listing of a simple indicator or Expert Advisor in the terminal and look at the basic principles of coding. A week at most for basic understanding even without the helpdesk.

It is almost impossible to get the methodology and philosophy of competent use of the language by visiting this site.

The methodology and philosophy of proper programming is being developed here and now. The language is also developing together with the terminal.

Everything is in process. It makes sense to create a book when everything is completely settled and requires time.

Here is a course (or textbook) which would guide a person to the right path and teach how to program as it should be (and not as it will be) - is needed like air.

You already know how to program in MQL5. Yes, or, better yet, you ate a tablet and are able to program in full. There is no harm in dreaming.

denkir:

As a seed, I will consider a situation in MQL5 as an example, when locking is impossible (like in MQL4), we can use hedging. The subject of netting in MQL5 has already been discussed in this thread, so let's consider how to hedge without locks...

We'll grow old uneducated.

It's always like this, they come, they make promises, they poke their noses in

but they always leave in English.

But I think that with today's level of the language, it's better to read books on C++, the ideas are similar, and it won't do any harm. If a person understands there, I think he will be able to navigate in MKL.

220Volt:
But I think that with today's level of language, it's better to read books on C++, the ideas are similar, and it won't do any harm. If a person understands there, I think he will be able to navigate in MCL.
The best thing is to read a good book on object-oriented programming, whatever the language is. The articles and help for MQL obviously don't contain enough information about it, but that's where all the power of the language lies.

Let me put it this way: personally, I don't need a textbook anymore. I am satisfied with my level of immersion, even if, in someone's opinion, this level may be categorically inconsistent with MT5 ideology.

Considering the gravity of the issue of publishing a tutorial for beginners, I can note that a great number of various articles may really confuse any uninitiated person. Therefore it is desirable to make a step towards beginners, and in the absence of a textbook to at least categorize (subdivide) the available articles. For example, a subsection for beginners of level 0, level 1, advanced and similar categorization. So that there is a place to start.

In general, I am a supporter of dll. I see the terminal as a source of quotes, orders and charts (low level). I want to switch to another platform - easy and painless. And somehow more relaxed about new builds ))
Reason: