MQL5 training - page 10

The biggest plus in the MQL4 project is the use of procedural programming to teach beginners, understandable to anyone who has studied algorithms at school.

In MQL5 you can also use procedural programming, but unfortunately the developers emphasise the use of OOP in the description.

In the era when any operating system tends to primitivize management,

MT5 developers do the opposite - they release a manual, understandable only for those who understand C++, i.e. for themselves.

And they forget the most important thing: those who know C++ can always find a less risky job compared to trading on financial markets!

As a result, we have what we have. Newbies can't get into the project, and professionals don't need it at all.

Ideally, the MQL4 tutorial by Sergey Kovalev with the necessary and sufficient minimum has to be

and modify it for MQL5, replacing the lot system by netting and using only simple procedural programming in examples.

Those who really need it will study OOP and work with libraries by themselves. There is no need in this for creating trading systems.

MoneyJinn: In MQL5 you can also use procedural programming, but unfortunately the developers focus on the use of OOP.

Who prevents you from filtering this emphasis?

In an era when any operating system tends to be primitivised in management,

Don't confuse the development language with the operating system interface. C++ is not simplified. An example is the developers' recent attempt to rewrite the MT4 terminal from VC6 to VS 2008. There are a lot of bugs.

Ideally, you should take the MQL4 tutorial by Sergey Kovalev, which contains the necessary and sufficient minimum and modify it for MQL5

There was such an attempt ( Sergey tried it himself) but it failed. And it is unrealistic for one person to do it.

MoneyJinn:

Ideally, you should take Sergei Kovalev's MQL4 tutorial, which has the necessary and sufficient minimum

This is the dead end way. Too much difference in both languages and platforms.

Everything will happen, you just have to wait.

TheXpert:

Everything will happen, you just have to wait.

Oh, a new stream! Do you have reliable information that a textbook is (will be) created?

Yedelkin:
Oh, a new stream! Do you have reliable knowledge that a textbook is (will be) created?
No. I wrote without any hints at all.

TheXpert:
No. Wrote with no hint at all.
You mean you just expressed hope? I see.

Mathemat:

Who prevents you from filtering out this emphasis?

So how do you filter out said accent and not bump into OOP code?

Mathemat:

Don't confuse the development language and the operating system interface. C++ is not being simplified.

Hopefully the trading platform was created for programmatic management of the trading process, not for programming in general. There's Visual Studio for that fun.

TheXpert:

There is too much difference in both languages and platforms.

In the way the developers present it, the difference seems enormous. In reality, apart from changes in position and order accounting, there are no significant differences.

The lack of a clear concept of MQ that would indicate what level of users must be obtained as a result of learning MQL5, has led to the fact that this site is abounding in material that is not suitable for MQL5,

This site is full of material unfit for learning and repulsive to newbies.

MoneyJinn: So, how can you filter out the said emphasis and not stumble upon OOP codes?

Yes, like I did when I wrote this article. There were simply no OOP codes then :)

I knew almost nothing about OOP, but I understood MQL4. I just had to suffer a few days and everything worked out.

I'm not saying that everything was perfect. But it worked! (In the 245 build it worked, I don't know now; I'll have to check it).

P.S. The main problem is overcoming your own laziness. But this is for those with at least some previous coding experience.

P.P.S. And it works now!

MoneyJinn:

In the way the developers present it, the difference seems enormous. In reality, apart from the changes in position and order accounting, there is no significant difference.

In fact, the difference is huge. The fact that you don't see it means that you are not at that stage of immersion yet. I'm not talking about the PLO, but about the approaches. To trading in particular.

What is the lack of "trading context" alone. And the lack of netting.

Yedelkin:
So you are just hoping for the best? I see.

Not hope -- almost certainty. Everything will be fine. Although it's not good at all from paid courses on programming in MQL5 :) So far it's ridiculous.

The target audience is (relatively) small and consists mostly of people who are able to at least code very badly.

TheXpert:

In fact, the difference is huge. The fact that you do not see it means that you are not at that stage of immersion yet. I'm not talking about OOP at all, I'm talking about approaches. To trade in particular.

The lack of "trading context" alone is worth mentioning.

May I ask what do you mean by trading context? Actually it has probably already been discussed but I am not sure what nuances I have missed. :)
Reason: