mql4 or mql5?

i will learn the mql programming
it's better that i learn mql4 or mql5 programming?
what is your suggestion?
How to Order a Trading Robot in MQL5 and MQL4
How to Order a Trading Robot in MQL5 and MQL4
  • www.mql5.com
The main advantage of the MetaTrader trading terminal is the ability to create automated trading systems that can perform trading operations without the intervention of the trader, thus eliminating the influence of psychology on the results of the trade. To do this, we need to formulate a trading strategy and implement it in the form of a...

I work mainly with MQL4 and think that it is probably easier to learn than MQL5, but  I see so many people who are learning MQL4 are using outdated code as there are not many up to date learning avenues.

For this reason I think that a beginner should really concentrate on MQL5.

Mt4 is like 2000 thousand years old in computer years. It is quite easy to write code that compiles on both mt4 and mt5. Mql5/4 syntax is exactly the same, some features are different and some lack completely on mt4. It does not make sense to start with mql4 imo.

MQL4 of course. After you could code a complex EA with mql4 you could make an EA with mql5 easily for sure

Keith Watford:

I work mainly with MQL4 and think that it is probably easier to learn than MQL5, but  I see so many people who are learning MQL4 are using outdated code as there are not many up to date learning avenues.

For this reason I think that a beginner should really concentrate on MQL5.

what's the best way to learn mql5 in your opinion?

Erfan Falah:

MT5 comes with code examples. These are a good starting point.

As you go through the code, read the documentation to further understand what is going on.

Finally, read this forum. The answers to the questions posed here are relevant to questions you will eventually have.

Erfan Falah:

Difficult for me to say as I coded in MQL4 and then a lot of 5 features were added to 4 (in about 2014?) so that all helps.

As I said a lot of the available tutorials for 4 were written before that big upgrade of 4 and so a lot is missed.

There are various articles that have been written for 5.

The first link below should help with starting to write EAs.

Beginners

and this link will take you to all the articles that you can browse.

MQL5 Programming articles

MQL5 Articles
MQL5 Articles
  • www.mql5.com
MQL5 Programming Articles

It depends on your target from learning MQL. If your target is to make your own Indicators, EAs and you are using mainly MT4 for trading then sure you will be more interested in learning MQL4 , if you are using MT5 in your trading and your broker supports MT5 then you need to learn MQL5 . If your target is to work as freelancer in mql freelance section then you need to learn both LOL :D , but to be more realistic most of clients today request Apps for MT4 so until today the demand for MT4 Apps is stronger than MT5  , So you can begin with learning MQL4 until to grasp major concepts related to programming for MT like how to Access indicators , timeseries , and all things like that then you can move to MQL5 you wouldn't find it much harder than MQL4 , but for myself I really didn't like MT5 or MQL5 though i'm developer and I know both versions

I really don't know how did the one who developed MQL5 think when he developed it  . It makes more sense to make things easier and faster when you add improvement to certain Product or program , this is completely the opposite for MQL5 , the command to close or open order in MT4 is only 1 line of code , on mql5 you have to write XXXXXXX lines of code to do the same task , This is crazy . To get the value of either Custom or built in indicator in MT4 you need only 1 line of code for MT5 you need to create arrays , handles , copy buffer etc...….. just to make the same task ?!!!!! this is really strange   . To make indicator or EA for MT4 it can take 100 lines of code "Simple App" for MT5 the same App would take natively more than 200 lines of code "If not using any other library"

Kareem Abdelhakim:
I really don't know how did the one who developed MQL5 think when he developed it  . It makes more sense to make things easier and faster when you add improvement to certain Product or program , this is completely the opposite for MQL5 , the command to close or open order in MT4 is only 1 line of code , on mql5 you have to write XXXXXXX lines of code to do the same task , This is crazy . To get the value of either Custom or built in indicator in MT4 you need only 1 line of code for MT5 you need to create arrays , handles , copy buffer etc...….. just to make the same task ?!!!!! this is really strange   . To make indicator or EA for MT4 it can take 100 lines of code "Simple App" for MT5 the same App would take natively more than 200 lines of code "If not using any other library"

Why 5 is harder than 4 in your opinion?

what are the benefits?

MQL5 is
Erfan Falah:

Why 5 is harder than 4 in your opinion?

what are the benefits?

MQL5 is much more powerful. 

Kareem Abdelhakim:

The standard library is there for that.

nerasignal:
MQL4 of course. After you could code a complex EA with mql4 you could make an EA with mql5 easily for sure

... but the range of brokerage offers is better for mt4 despite the support stopped 

Reason: