Questions from Beginners MQL5 MT5 MetaTrader 5 - page 1251

Youri Lazurenko:

No disrespect, purely in line with the discussion. I have been trading my EAs for a long time (I don't sell them), with different brokers and I am not interested inthe absolute data on events. I am interested in the final result - the quality of orders executed on request of an EA. If the orders are opened only once (figuratively speaking), I simply will not work with this broker. If at one broker the opening is half a second faster than at another, it is not essential for me (as well as the difference in quotes).

For how easy is it to write an EA in mql4 and how bothersome is it with mql5? Why are the questions about mql5? I've heard good reports about the MT5 tester and I've had to become acquainted with mql5 to try it. I have tried it and am not satisfied. It's convenient to download quotes, it's much faster, but MT4 is more informative. For example, I want to know not only at what price orders were closed but also what profit (loss) they took. Forward optimization is so processor-intensive that the computer shuts down. I have tried one time (this is not a proof of course) to run one and the same Expert Advisor at one and the same broker. The results are different; mt5 is better - more profit, significantly less drawdown, which is stressful. Perhaps this is me being senile, but for now I have more criticism than positivity. I am not going to trade on mt5 yet, but the interest in writing a good Expert Advisor remains. Just for the sake of interest.

I wish you good luck.

Actually it is easy to write an EA in MT5.
It is like a new language. It is almost not new here.
I am also afraid of learning new languages.
And then, when the initial level is over, you understand that everything is easier than in the beginning.

Yes, there are nuances and differences. But on the whole it's the same.

Guys! Can you give me a hint? MT5, ipad, how to shift the chart to the left side, increasing the space to the right?

I need an EA to work with synthetic chart in mt-5 (created in symbols with create symbol function).

Since pending orders cannot be placed on the synthetic chart. We need to create an analogue of pending orders.

We must be able to set horizontal lines on the synthetic chart.

When this line is crossed, the Expert Advisor will open the required orders on the specified real symbols.

How to do this, maybe there are ready-made solutions?

Good evening how do I withdraw funds from this platform?

Are there any ready-made solutions for reading from a csv file and getting an array output?

How to find a line break in a string?
For example, with StringReplace(), which substring should be searched for?

Evgeny Dyuka:
How to find a line break in a string?
For example, with StringReplace(), which substring should be searched for?
\r\n

Tell me, in the new 2615 editor, a line appeared during compilation which was not present in the previous version:

property tester_inidicator "NC\myZigZag3" has been implicitly added during compilation because the indicator is used in iCustom function

What is it? What is it for? How to get rid of it?

Сергей Таболин:

Tell me, in the new 2615 editor, a line appeared during compilation which was not present in the previous version:

What is it? What is it for? How to get rid of it?

Read and translate the message.

Add an explicit indication to your code to use a custom indicator

#property tester_indicator "Indicator name"

Vladimir Karputov:

Read and translate the message.

Add an explicit instruction to use a custom indicator in your code

I have 24 more indicators connected in addition to this one. But I don't write this for them for some reason... Hence the question - why do I need it at all?

Reason: