Questions from Beginners MQL5 MT5 MetaTrader 5 - page 583

fvdtrejder:
I calculate the values in the arrays using my own formulas
And how are your arrays inherently different from an array of historical data?

I take historical data on e.g. GBP and EUR at one o'clock and do some transformations with it and get values which I write into an array and in the same way write values for other pairs into another array

Good afternoon, please advise an advisor or indicator that draws HORIZONTAL PRICE LEVELS? Not support and resistance levels but price levels? Thank you very much.

Good afternoon again) I am not sure if I am explaining it correctly - but the question is as follows. I am doing a candlestick analysis, the current price (Price), for example EURNZD = 1.65727, and the LOW price = 1.64004.

How to remove the last digit in the analysis, i.e. the digit "7" and the digit "4"? Also, how to correctly reduce and analyse USDJPY = 110.375, LOW = 110.211 ? Thank you.

fvdtrejder:
I take historical data for example on the pound and on the yen at one o'clock and do some transformations with them and get values which I write in an array and in the same way write values for other pairs in another array
And what prevents you from outputting the calculated values from the arrays to the chart? You can output the price to the chart from an array of historical data, right? What prevents you from replacing the historical data with your array and the price with your calculated values?

Artyom Trishkin:
And what prevents you from outputting calculated values from arrays to a chart? You can output the price to the chart from an array of historical data, can't you? What prevents you from replacing the historical data with your array and the price with your calculated values?
I would like to get a chart with values of one array on the abscissa axis and values of the second array on the ordinate axis. I will end up with several arrays instead of two, and several curves on one chart. What I need it for. The curves form overlapping areas. In these common areas I will take parameters that I will use in other calculations

fvdtrejder:
I would like to get a graph, where the abscissa axis is the value of one array, and the ordinate axis is the value of the second array, so I won't have two arrays, but several arrays and, respectively, several curves on a single graph. What I need it for. The curves form overlapping areas. I will take parameters from these common areas and use them in other calculations

Make a two-dimensional array, where the first dimension is the abscissa, the second the ordinate. Then, knowing the index of the array, which indicates the time, you know exactly the price value corresponding to this time.

mass[i][2] - where [i][0] == abscissa (time), [i][1] == ordinate (value)

Artyom Trishkin:

Make a two-dimensional array, where the first dimension is the abscissa, the second the ordinate. Then, knowing the index of the array indicating the time, you know exactly the price value corresponding to that time.

mass[i][2] - where [i][0] == abscissa (time), [i][1] == ordinate (value)

I am used to writing Expert Advisors, I have never written indicators. I think there is nothing complicated about it, I just haven't done it before and therefore I have a very bad idea how to do it. I think this indicator attaches itself to price charts of some asset and takes its bar parameters and draws its line.

fvdtrejder:
I'm mostly used to writing EAs but I've never written any indicators. There's probably nothing complicated about it, I've just never done it before and I have no idea how to do it. I think i don't really understand how i will use indicator for drawing. i think i will use indicator on some asset price chart and i will draw its parameters.
I would also like to ask you a question. If we simply have two static arrays with a finite number of values, we cannot bind them to historical data at all. It can be done in MQL4?

Please tell me. Why is the strategy tester on MT5 lying about the robot's test results? The robot based on the stochastic on 100% of history on all ticks according to the test results is not making many deals, while there were clear signals for that. For example, it only makes bullish trades whereas the end of a bullish trade must be followed by the beginning of a bearish one (by crossing the signal line). On the real time chart he makes all the trades as expected?
Reason: