Rules under Work - page 14

pronych:

And according to you, you could also ask for the greenhouse in which these potatoes are grown.))

One thing is an indicator that can be written in a single module, and another is five or ten of your own libraries that will have to be used one way or another. For example, getting information on poses + maintenance, control opening-closing, various trawls, MM, etc.. And that's while you'll often only have to change the signal one.

Do you want to give away all the modules?

Put yourself in the shoes of your customer. He does not need modules, he needs goods of proper quality. Give what you want if you need it. Or someone else will do it.

Man, a bunch of programmers are sitting around with, roughly speaking, the same libraries, and discussing with each other how they can avoid showing each other their work.)

pronych:

And according to you, you could also ask for a hothouse where these potatoes are grown.))

One thing is an indicator that can be written in a single module, and another thing is five or ten of your own libraries that somehow have to be used. For example, getting information on poses + maintenance, control opening-closing, various trawls, MM, etc.. And that's while you'll often only have to change the signal one.

All modules should be given?

Why are you drooling like a little kid, afraid that they will take your sweetie away?

Your own libraries on the tasks and needs that have long been done overhauled and worked out a thousand times over have never fallen into anyone's hands.

Each programmer has his own modules, and the customer does not give a damn about your work, the main thing for him to fulfill his terms of reference exactly.

What can you give the world with your libs? Absolutely nothing!
You are trying to create an illusion that you make genius creations and your libraries will go down in history as something out of the ordinary.
It's ridiculous to look at it all. You're so full of shit. This is bullshit.

If you are such a genius and you've created something special, sell your libraries for the largest sums of money. Will you have many buyers?
Who needs them but novice programmers? You are deluding yourself. No one needs them - neither the customer, nor your descendants.

There is a lot of code on MT4 and the MT5 base is growing. But those people who are willing to pay have remained those who have found it easier to learn on their own. You may use your own code for fun, but you do not have to worry about your own code.

You are talking about your own libraries, as if everyone is working in different terminals. After all, absolutely everyone uses the same basic MQL5 functions. So what if someone writes the names with a capital letter and another one - with a small one? Does it make their library better or faster? The code will finally do what it must anyway. It opens and closes orders.

And all the rest is from slyness and vanity. Everyone wants to fill their price like they are unique and no other clod-coder is good enough for them. That is the only way to scam customers. And when you sometimes look at the codes of those who bend their fingers about themselves and their knowledge, you wonder about the conceit of individuals on this forum.

Mischek:
Yes put yourself in the shoes of the customer. He does not need modules, he needs goods of appropriate quality. Give him what you want if he needs it. Or someone else will do it.

That's why I brought it up. To know what the customer wants, you need to let him know right away. But until you read the terms of reference, it is not clear. For me there will be no point in getting involved if you tick the box "Sources" and the price of $ 10. What's the point of muddling the waters, time to waste, and his, and mind you, the same customer. But in the case when it is clear that the sources are not needed, you can do faster, and a lot more things can be done without removing from the template, and this additional capabilities are not superfluous. For example, the same MM can have 5 variants instead of one. And there are dozens of variants of trawl. And the price is appropriate.

What nonsense, what vanity? However, it's pathetic to write for six months and then give it all away. I don't know about you...

pronych:

For example, the same MM can have five variants instead of one. And trawls have a dozen variants. And the price is appropriate.

Did you ask the customer? Does he need 100500 MM and trawl options? If he needs them, you'll charge extra for adding them.

And why cram everything into one hole as a load if you are not asked to do so.

pronych, tell me, have you fulfilled many hundreds of orders and have you imposed your features on everyone for nothing?

pronych:
What nonsense, what vanity? However, it is a pity to write for half a year and then give it all away. I don't know about you...

What a weird guy, why give everything away?

You sign up for a TOR where the customer asks for so-and-so trawl and so-and-so MM. pays $50 for it.

And you say to him, "Do you want me to do it for $25, but I'll give you ex5?"

Is that it?

Or will you cheat and give you ex5 and then explain to him how incomprehensible your mq5 guy is, that he needs to pay more money for your mq5?

sergeev:

have you asked the customer? does he need these 100500 MM and trawl options? If he needs them, you will charge extra for adding them.

And why cram everything into one hole like a load if you're not asked for it.

pronych, tell me, how many hundreds of orders have you fulfilled and have you imposed your functions on everyone for nothing?

I didn't take any orders.

If your using simple EA for ordering, do you fulfil all conditions for opening, closing, checks for requotes, history check/synchronization, money management checks, checks for permission to buy/sell, etc.? In general, is it safe to put it on the real account? And all this in one 500-1000 lines?

pronych:

I didn't do orders.

Tell me, do you fulfil all conditions for opening, closing, checking for requotes, checking the presence/synchronisation of history, checking the money management, checking the buy/sell permission and so on, in a simple Expert Advisor? In general, is it safe to put it on the real account? And all of this in one 500-1000 line piece?

So why all these checks? A profitable strategy has 30-40% of losing trades. How much will you lose if you miss a signal with such a margin of error? And what will your TS do if you lose connection with your brokerage company? The terminal will check the errors on impossibility to open/close/modify. Why prescribe them all in code? Or do you think that your TS will perform all of these "important" checks in one or two ticks? Have you put any of your TS on the real?

pronych:

Tell me, in a simple Expert Advisor, do you fulfil all the conditions for opening, closing, checking for requotes, checking for availability/synchronisation of history, checking for money management, checking for permission to buy/sell, etc.?

Of course! All the hard checks, detailed logging, repeating events, blocking trades, etc. Accounting for terminal restart, deleting an EA, picking up all the conditions and events.

And this, I would like to point out, is something the programmer has to do regardless of the client's requests. It is his MUST for the EA to work clearly and without bugs. And it handles all the current bugs.

In general, isn't it dangerous to put it on real? And all of this in one 500-1000 line piece?

it is absolutely fine. because you know that everything is documented and everything is very transparent.
Reason: