SOT - page 2

stranger:

Those are the key words, I doubt they even sit in large drawdowns, but I could be wrong)

Zogman was asking a question recently, like how is it that one sold, the other bought, so the total value must be zero)

If one has a new buy and the other has a new sell, then clearly not zero, but 1+1)))

I.e., OI +2

I am aware of the open interest)

stranger:
I don't understand why everyone thinks that the traders are in losses. Since the start of this contract, since 17.06, they have built up positions in shorts, and their net position is just over 8000k in longs. So why are they in drawdown? The graphical representation is of course good, but it distorts the picture.

Maybe not in the drawdown.July 2013 to June 2014 longs were shrinking and the indicator is dropping, i.e. there are more shorts than longs.

You could say they were shorting at that time, or you could say they were just closing longs. We need to look at the OI at those moments.

forexman77:

Maybe not in the drawdown.July 2013 to June 2014 longs were shrinking and the indicator is dropping, i.e. there are more shorts than longs.

You could say they were shorting at that time, or you could say they were just closing longs. We need to look at the OI at those moments.

Why guess, there are reports and it clearly shows what they were doing then.

stranger:

Why guess, there are reports and it clearly shows exactly what they were doing then.

Strongly increased shorts from April to June 2014. I've added open interest to the chart below, it really doesn't give much in the way of information in the picture.

But this case is a "classic" one. In 2011 November there is no hint of an exit from the longs.

Where are these indicators downloaded from?

azfaraon:
Where did you download these indicators from?
I made them myself.

forexman77:
Made it yourself.
And in general, like a strange)))) share only pictures))))

azfaraon:
And generally as a stranger))) sharing only pictures)))
Alas. I'm not a boy-child.)

forexman77:
Alas. I'm not a boy-boy.)
You just know how it all looks to just a man?))) A guy comes and says, "See how I am"))) And you ask him how I am))). And then the question is: What the fuck is a guy doing here? Doesn't he have nothing better to do or....?

azfaraon:
And generally as a strange)))) share only pictures)))

I didn't give you pictures, but information to think about in the hope of hearing some thoughts on it.

What else to give? Reports?

At

http://www.cftc.gov/MarketReports/CommitmentsofTraders/index.htm

Beautiful indicators?

Here

http://www.timingcharts.com

Commitments of Traders - CFTC
  • www.cftc.gov
Commitments of Traders The Commitments of Traders (COT) reports provide a breakdown of each Tuesday’s open interest for markets in which 20 or more traders hold positions equal to or above the reporting levels established by the CFTC. Reports are available in both a short and long format. The short report shows open interest separately by...
Reason: