Multi-core testing network for all comers - page 6

It would be ridiculous to deny you the use of your own computers on your network. And separating your own and other people's computers - what would that be?

Jager:

I have no doubt that your commercial network will work wonderfully.

Is it possible that after all the testing and putting this agent network into commercial operation, you would taboo the use of the free agent network?

I don't think this will happen, and there is no need for it, the competition itself will show which organisation is more viable.

Jager:

Is it possible that after all the testing and commissioning of this agent network, you would taboo the use of the free agent network?
Absolutely not. Everyone has the right to create their own settlement farms.

Renat:
Absolutely not. Everyone has the right to create their own calculation farms.
All righty then. :)

Please explain why Metatester is going to the 137,138 UDP port of a remote client (NETBIOS) port description here:http://ports.my-addr.com/tcp_port-udp_port-application-and-description.php?port=137http://ports.my-addr.com/tcp_port-udp_port-application-and-description.php?port=138, when it has its own port 2000. From a security point of view, opening these ports is not a good idea.

Renat:

CPU power is purchased for a specific amount of money, not a specific number of agents.

In addition, only the actually consumed power is paid for - this is monitored by a special MetaTrader 5 Strategy Tester Pooler (of which there can be many as agents-XXX.mql5.com):

• Each MetaTester is registered at MQL5.com for a particular user, the list of agents can be viewed and managed in the user profile
  • Traders can buy resources in the MQL5.community Pool by depositing money (WebMoney, PayPal) into their accounts
  • MetaTester agents connect to Strategy Tester Poolers (agents-XX.mql5.com:443), register and wait for tasks. Since testers create outgoing connections by themselves, they can pass almost any proxy - this automatically solves the problem with grey IP addresses and firewalls.
  • Client terminals are provided with virtual agents as agents-XX.mql5.com:443, all tasks are passed through poolers, which cache the history of charts, monitor task performance and charging. Usage information is constantly sent to www.mql5.com.
  • As soon as the customer runs out of money, the service stops.
  • Earned money can be withdrawn to WebMoney or PayPal

Suppose someone wants to sell their kernels in the pool METAQUOTES, will it be possible ?

e.g. 30 cores for rent

for example - out of 30 cores permanently, 10 or 20 may be disabled more often

for example in the evening the machines are on - and all 30 cores are available

but let's say at night or during the day are not available!

How would the accounting be done in such a case ?

As i understand it will only be real machine time ?

--

and will cores like i7 920 be more expensive than some old type of core...

in other words , CPU power will also vary in price ?

--

generally a good idea !

gal:

Please explain why Metatester is going to the 137,138 UDP port of a remote client (NETBIOS) port description here:http://ports.my-addr.com/tcp_port-udp_port-application-and-description.php?port=137http://ports.my-addr.com/tcp_port-udp_port-application-and-description.php?port=138, when it has its own port 2000. From a security point of view, opening these ports is not a good idea.

MetaTester opens only one specified port where it accepts connections from the terminal.

It doesn't open any other ports and it doesn't connect anywhere on its own.

Apparently, you have confused the network activity with some other program.

YuraZ:

Suppose someone wants to sell their cores into pool METAQUOTES, will it be possible ?

e.g. 30 cores for rent

for example - out of 30 cores permanently, 10 or 20 may be disabled more often

for example in the evening the machines are on - and all 30 cores are available

but let's say at night or during the day are not available!

How would the accounting be done in such a case ?

Will it be only for real machine time ?

--

will it be more expensive for e.g. i7 920 cores vs some old type of core...

in other words, will the computing power of the CPU power also vary in price?

I'm sure the tester will calculate everything.

Both CPU and IP and how many "ticks" have been worked.

and the power of a particular core is not important. usually this service will be used for unrealistically large calculations.
If you have one agent, even if it is not very fast, it can fit into total test time.
It will simply turn out that an agent with small capacity will earn less money. :)

YuraZ:

As i understand the calculation will only go for real machine time ?

Only the actual machine time consumed is charged. If you have performed the tasks, the money is charged. If you did not perform the task, then there was no task.

Since tester-agents will connect themselves to MetaTrader 5 Strategy Tester Pooler, it will be the agents who will decide when they want to work and when they want to rest.

Will a core like an I7 920 be more expensive than an older type of core...

In other words, will CPU power also vary in price?

The cost will be calculated from the approximate formula = Time * Performance Rating * Price. When we get to the real valuations, we'll adjust the formula.

sergeev:

I am sure that the tester itself will calculate everything.

and CPU and IP and who has worked how many "ticks".

To avoid cheating, MetaTrader 5 Strategy Tester Pooler servers will be responsible for calculating and checking the accuracy, correctness and honesty of each tester. They will count/verify the accuracy, correctness and honesty of each tester.

If you let the agents do all the counting, then the enterprising guys will make a circus of cheating.

Reason: