Isakas Ashi KusKus I - page 4

h41k4L:
Azmel,

thanks for the newest version

I tried to backtest this EA but didnt work, whats wrong?

can u post the back test from this ea from any broker

regards

Ical

Haikal,

I have absolutely no idea why this EA cannot be backtested. It seems that most, if not all of my EAs are not backtested-able. Maybe the backtester does not like my style of writing .

azmel:
Haikal, I have absolutely no idea why this EA cannot be backtested. It seems that most, if not all of my EAs are not backtested-able. Maybe the backtester does not like my style of writing .

its because due to many indicator & heavy loaded, my computer need more memory for backtesting the ea. backtesting on one hour would be good..

It is very important to code the way the strategy tester can be used easier.

Example: your trading strategy say that orders must be filled at bar close (to avoid the current bar repainting). Then the EA need to check signal ONLY once a bar. And for sure the strategy tester and your pc will be very grateful if you code this way instead of letting the EA check signals each tick!!!

FerruFx

Don't bother backtesting. Trust me it's useless, even at 90%. Just imagine if I gave you instructions to my house. You have to turn down 10 streets, I will give you 9. Could you find my house?

jturns23:
Don't bother backtesting. Trust me it's useless, even at 90%. Just imagine if I gave you instructions to my house. You have to turn down 10 streets, I will give you 9. Could you find my house?

but i found backtesting using visual mode more accurate...

jturns23:
Don't bother backtesting. Trust me it's useless, even at 90%.

I agree with you, but my previous post wasn't about backtesting. Strategy tester is very usefull to confirm that the logic coded is as expected. I only use the ST this way but clients want for sure test their EAs (even if it's useless!!!) and EAs have to coded for an easier way to use.

And PC's ressources appreciate too!

FerruFx

MANSTIR:
but i found backtesting using visual mode more accurate...

Yes you're right. It's the best way to observe and understand how indicators works and react with the market action.

FerruFx

My post was directed to h41k4L who complained about not being able to backtest.

FerruFx:
It is very important to code the way the strategy tester can be used easier.

Example: your trading strategy say that orders must be filled at bar close (to avoid the current bar repainting). Then the EA need to check signal ONLY once a bar. And for sure the strategy tester and your pc will be very grateful if you code this way instead of letting the EA check signals each tick!!!

FerruFx

FerruFx, do you have subroutine (or example) where the EA only check the indicators everytime a bar/candle is closed, i.e. for M15, it will check every 15 minutes instead of every tick.

Most of my EAs are written to check at every tick, thus the heavy load.

azmel:
FerruFx, do you have subroutine (or example) where the EA only check the indicators everytime a bar/candle is closed, i.e. for M15, it will check every 15 minutes instead of every tick. Most of my EAs are written to check at every tick, thus the heavy load.

Here's the idea:

datetime timeprev=0;

Then in start():

if(timeprev!=Time[0]) {

timeprev = Time[0];

Your entry conditions here

}

Hope that helps.

FerruFx

Reason: