Suggestions for improving the MetaEditor - page 14

cat7:

In another forum thread, unfortunately, I don't remember which one, a moderator wrote that they react negatively to all proposals at first, as any changes require a lot of work. But if you insist and push through, changes are made...

So water cuts stones. And if other programmers listen to me and support me...

After all, it would be more convenient!

link

Vladon:
you have to press the styliser several times, the effect changes.
I don't get it. ) Why do you have to press several times and what effect changes?

but YOU try it. :-)

I noticed that once the code styling changes, (something is removed)

And empty lines are deleted only after several clicks.

e.g.

input bool English=true; // Hints language: true - English / false - Russian
input bool HintShow=true;// Show hints on mouse over a button
bool Sounds=true; //Use trade sounds
int OffSetpixel=5;

#resource "\\Images\\MarketTimePad\\butclose.bmp";
#resource "\\Images\\MarketTimePad\\butmin.bmp";
#resource "\\Images\\MarketTimePad\\butminmax.bmp";
#resource "\\Images\\MarketTimePad\\butclosepress.bmp";
#resource "\\Images\\MarketTimePad\\butminpress.bmp";

It does not delete all empty lines at once, but YOU run this code and observe. one will delete one line at a time.

Vladon:

e.g.

does not remove all blank lines at once ...

That's all. I tried it without empty lines, so I didn't notice this "effect".

In fact, I'm so used to writing in the stylizer style that there's not even anything to stylize. )))

tol64:

That's all. I tried it without blank lines, so I didn't notice this "effect".

In fact, I'm so used to writing in the stylizer style that there's not even anything to stylize. )))

I'm used to it too. But that's not the point.

Hello,

There is a suggestion to refine the tester.

Add values of average/maximum profit/loss trades in pips (in addition to monetary value, as now).

During testing the amount of transactions change during the year, respectively, and the amounts of profits and losses are changing, (for example, at the beginning of the year the profit was $5-10, and at the end the $5000-10000) as a result we will have a certain average that corresponds to the size of transactions somewhere in the middle of the year.

If we have information about profits and losses in points, we will immediately see how profitable the strategy is, regardless of the volume of transactions.

For example, both at the beginning and at the end of the year we will see that the average gain is 30 points, while the loss is 15 points. For evaluation in terms of money (like now) occasional large gains and losses change the total picture, and the constant change of balance significantly makes the difference in the results at the beginning and at the end of the year.

I think profitability in pips can be added for profitability as well.

papaklass:
So what's the problem? Run the test on a fixed lot 0.1. The profit in the report will be in points, i.e. $1.0 = 1 point;

I thought of that too, but I would still like to see the overall picture in monetary terms and in points, preferably with the results sorted by both.

Otherwise you will have to run optimization twice. This may take much time, and you will have to manually compare everything afterwards...

elibrarius:

I thought of that too, but I would still like to see the overall picture in terms of money and points, preferably with the results sorted by both.

Otherwise we would have to run optimization twice. And it takes a lot of time, + then you have to compare everything manually...

It's fun to optimise with MM on ;)

I would also display these figures in pips. But then there is a question what to display for multicurrency strategies.

So, we should normalize all values by minimal lot? But it is not a clear solution.

Perhaps, this is why it is displayed in money. It is universal.

komposter:

Optimising with MM on is entertaining ;)

I would also display these numbers in pips. But then the question arises what to display for multicurrency strategies.

So we should normalize all values by minimal lot? But it is not a clear solution either.

Perhaps, this is why it is displayed in money. It is universal.

The normalized points are calculated by blunt division by the current symbol rate at the moment of trade closing (opening is also possible, but closing is easier and faster for the tester).
Reason: