Iron tips - page 10

Erm955:

The question is not that I'm defending the MT4 tester, not at all. The question is how to get the high performance from MT5 tester. It turns out that for a comfortable work of MTS developer we need a very smart configuration computer. Actually this is what the developers suggest (4 cores, 6-8 Gb of memory - I saw it somewhere).

Nah, it's probably 8 cores (2 * 4 cores) and 16 Gb RAM + five monitors, then it'll be just right... :)

Erm955:

By the way I have seen advertisement of system like 6 cores, 6 Gb for 20 grand in Eldorado and no more. Seems to be a nice configuration. Like the ACCER.

6 cores? That's like 2*3 cores as far as I understood. Accer, and also from Eldorado, please, it's somehow without me...

Не, наверное так - 8 ядер (2 * 4 ядра) и RAM 16 Gb + пять мониторов, вот тогда будет в самый раз... :)

Why, time is money. If you want to test 5-10 strategies on 4-5 year history with forward analysis for 5-10 currency pairs with 1 month forward period, then count 12*5*10=600 actions. We need 10 min for one action and it will take us 100 hours. How does it feel? And it's not a fact that any one strategy will work. A ton of ore and 1 gram of gold. So either a powerful computer, or speed up the tester, or even refuse to test (there is also this approach, immediately after the demo for real).

6 ядер? Это как 2*3 ядра, насколько я понял. Accer, да еще от Эльдорадо, извольте, это как-то без меня...

I haven't used ACCER yet, but I've already bought three laptops from Eldorado (this one, LG, Mashins). All of them worked without any complaints. One of them had a broken pixel (one), they changed it at once without a word of complaint. The only thing that sellers deceive: they play you. If you don't understand it then they will give you the wrong one. I needed a netbook with an 8-hour battery, but they gave me a 4-hour one.

Erm955:

By the way an advertisement for a system like 6 cores, 6 Giga for 20k at Eldorado popped up and doesn't show up again. Seems to be a nice configuration!? Like ACCER.

http://www.oldi.ru/catalog/element/0145935/

Here it is. It's really a 6 core i7. I've been eyeing it myself, but it's a little pricey. A month and a half ago it was 41000. And that's just the stone. Plus a decent mother http://www.oldi.ru/catalog/element/0127802/ + triple channel memory http://www.oldi.ru/catalog/element/0130380/ 6 GB (better 12). In general 50000-60000 and you can upgrade.

Вот он. Это действительно 6 ядер i7.

Yes, it's good! But not for that kind of money! If trading was a good deal, you could get one of these. And why did they write 20 grand (I remember exactly) - they're kidding!

Hello!

Can you advise me on something with an e-inkscreen andexternal keyboard?

Or something like that, as long as it's an e-ink screen e-ink screen and a normal input method.

gisip:

Can you recommend something with an e-ink screen and external keyboard?

Honestly, I haven't come across one. Do you have one? As far as I understand - e-ink is a kind of book, nothing more.

gisip:
You don't need anything else to write an expert.
Can a terminal work there too? What about the tester? Is there an operating system? Which one, if it is not a secret?

At the moment for the price of one station on top Intel prog (Intel Core i7-980X Extreme Edition Gulftown ~40000 rub) you can build 3 stations on top AMD prog (AMD Phenom II X6 Black Thuban 1090T ~9000 rub). 6 cores vs 3x6 = 18 cores. Who cares about the number of cores (if it really matters, for optimization), the choice is obvious. And the top-end CPU. AMD loses to Intel only 15-20% in performance. And who needs peak performance, it is not necessary to chase the number of cores.

Vigor:

At the moment for the price of one station on a top intel procesor (Intel Core i7-980X Extreme Edition Gulftown ~40000 rub) you can build 3 stations on a top AMD procesor (AMD Phenom II X6 Black Thuban 1090T ~9000 rub). 6 cores vs 3x6 = 18 cores. Who cares about the number of cores (if it really matters, for optimization), the choice is obvious. And the top-end CPU. AMD loses to Intel only 15-20% in performance. And who needs peak performance, it is not necessary to chase the number of cores.

http://www.thg.ru/cpu/cpu_gamer_september_2010/cpu_gamer_september_2010-01.html#__ Here is an article comparing processors. At the end of the table Intel is AMD's counterpart. And here's this lauded one (AMD Phenom II X6 Black Thuban 1090T ~9000rub) is just on par with the i5. Believe me, the i5 is very, very far behind the i7 860, let alone the 980X. What 15-20% are we talking about? In total, maybe 18 amd cores will be faster than 6 intel. But you need three mothers, three memory kits, three power supplies and three screws (Minimum set).

Quote: "Generally speaking, it's a bit of a shame that the only six-core CPU for desktops is the Intel Core i7-980X Extreme Edition. The processor is really impressive. It takes the Core i7-975's performance and boosts it even more, especially in the MainConcept, HandBrake, Photoshop and TMPGEnc DivX encoding tests. Since the 980X has the same price as the 975 ($999), the choice is obvious. Time is money in many cases. If the time a Core i7-980X processor will save in rendering tasks, coding or CAD projects is worth the price of the CPU, then it's the fastest desktop CPU you can buy today."

And where, if not in the forecourt, is time money?