Intel vs Ryzen

Hi All

Does anyone have a view / insights or experience running EA optimization with the two CPU types? I'm about to build a new high end system and would love to hear your thoughts on using these processor types. The number of cores / threads affects performance. If money is not an issue is Intel or AMD the way to go?

Thanks

A

Andrew Saxby:

Hi All

Does anyone have a view / insights or experience running EA optimization with the two CPU types? I'm about to build a new high end system and would love to hear your thoughts on using these processor types. The number of cores / threads affects performance. If money is not an issue is Intel or AMD the way to go?

Thanks

A

my question too... and dont find any answer

I don't think any of that matters. Just creating and deploying algorithms to vps's doesn't need the elegant stuff. Some say they'd use it for optimization, but that's something you'll end up doing less often, and those 'super quad-cores' will just be lying around. Just use the cloud optimization when you get there, and work comfortably on your laptop to implement your ideas.

i9 or Ryzen 7 will always do. Look on Passmark CPU for benchmarks on your CPU.

MT5 is like a very low demanding tool for your CPU, even an i5 will do.

Far more important is your internet connection for execution speed.

Anonymous3 Geek:
I don't think any of that matters. Just creating and deploying algorithms to vps's doesn't need the elegant stuff. Some say they'd use it for optimization, but that's something you'll end up doing less often, and those 'super quad-cores' will just be lying around. Just use the cloud optimization when you get there, and work comfortably on your laptop to implement your ideas.
mine has one core , and i cant optimize with this , and i smell that its going to burn my cpu these days

giobenoni:

i9 or Ryzen 7 will always do. Look on Passmark CPU for benchmarks on your CPU.

MT5 is like a very low demanding tool for your CPU, even an i5 will do.

Far more important is your internet connection for execution speed.

some people say we should buy a cpu that it doesnt designed to handle graphical things.
Reason: