The future of automated trading - page 22

gip:
What can you argue with a man who's never eaten anything sweeter than a carrot in his life? How can you tell him what watermelon, melon or orange tastes like? You can't.) If he tries it he will spit from the habit :)))

Do you need the Trading Platform to be similar and do the same thing as, for example, Visual Studio? Now you make me laugh. :)

I tried watermelon and melon. I used to write Win applications at one time, and sometimes even now. Now mostly dlls.

Even a simple full-fledged terminal API would be enough for me. Not wildly and ridiculously truncated. This example, with the file functions, is typical.

gip:
Even a simple full-fledged API terminal would be quite enough for me. Not wildly and ridiculously truncated. This example, with the file functions, is typical.
You don't seem to know what you want.
You want all the functions in the terminal and none of them outside.

Then a bare api, all functions from their dlls/prog.

The hub of the earth in one word (two, to be exact), and to close a deal manually you have to write a separate shell?

In general, the essence of the dispute is not visible, I'm not going to discuss your extremes further.

mrProF:
You do not seem to know what you want.
You want all the functions in the terminal and none of them outside.

Then a bare api, all functions from their dlls/prog.

In one word, the centre of the earth (two, to be exact), and to close a deal manually, you have to write a separate shell?

In general, the essence of the dispute is not visible, I do not intend to discuss your extremes further.

I did not immediately understand what you mean. Now I've got it - don't you know what API of the terminal is?

In general, of course, at this level there is no way to discuss it.

But you should change your username, it is not good to be called Mr. prof for such lack of qualification.

gip:
I didn't know what you were talking about at first. Now I guessed - you don't know what the API of the terminal is?
Trading functions and getting quotes and other little things are onlly. All the rest you have to write in ASM.

mrProF:
Trade functions and, correspondingly, obtaining coding and other trivialities onlly. Everything else must be written in ASM.
Not only trading functions. I recommend that you learn a little bit of the language. For example, functions to work with files and strings, this is also API.

mrProF:
I'll even answer more precisely, with the SHFileOperation() function from shell32.dll.

The kernel has everything you need to do this.

Shell32 is really more of an OS shell...

gip:
Not just trading functions. I recommend that you learn a little bit of the basics. For example, file and string functions are also APIs.
I think you are confused. Working with strings and files is not within the remit of the API terminal, it is already implemented in a programming language with standard libraries, or through the API OS.
If someone mixes in the left functions into the API of the terminal, it is no longer a pure API of the terminal, but a vinaigrette.

Interesting:

The kernel has everything you need to do this.

Shell32 is really more of an OS shell...

So it's not about where to import functions from, it's about the fact that it's possible to do it in MT.
It's just easier to implement with this function, and this dll is in all widows from 3.1 (or thereabouts).
Документация по MQL5: Основы языка / Препроцессор / Импорт функций (#import)
Документация по MQL5: Основы языка / Препроцессор / Импорт функций (#import)
  • www.mql5.com
Основы языка / Препроцессор / Импорт функций (#import) - Документация по MQL5

mrProF:
So it's not about where to import functions from, it's about the fact that it's possible in MT.
It's just easier to implement it with this function, and this dll is in all widows from 3.1 (or thereabouts).
About easier I don't know. I've been using the standard version almost since 95...
Reason: