The future of automated trading - page 8

Datafeed Toolbox is an external add-on to Matlab that implements datafeeds. It is essentially a crutch for separate money.

Most of the datafeeds are paid for. Reuters' tick datafeed is a raw forex tick stream. God forbid to use it as it is without filtration somewhere - the results will be for the joy of theorists and a complete failure in the real world.

The "normal guys" statement is back in"can buy" mode. Will you publish the price list for history and ticks? Not every broker can afford the prices there. Much less a stock broker or independent trader/institutional.

As stated before - Matlab has no direct trading account management functions, so it can't be compared to trading terminals in any way.

Our prospects are good - we are working on integration into exchanges. We didn't switch to netting for nothing - the results will come soon.

Our history is even better - a huge array of historical minutes in MetaTrader 5 is now available without any restrictions since 1970. They can be easily imported and distributed to other traders. On our demo server we give out history from 1993/1999.

timbo:
If it makes money, it's a strategy. Full stop.

For some, putting on a sock is also a whole Strategy.

You can argue with money-making pips, but it is better for everyone to experience it. Words cannot help here.

Essentially, at the moment, MT5 is an external add-on to MT4. Essentially a crutch....

Am I wrong?

Interesting:

Essentially, at the moment, MT5 is an external add-on to MT4. Essentially a crutch....

Am I wrong?

And very wrong too. We don't make client terminals, we make trading platforms. For 10 years now.

I see a very serious misunderstanding of our company's activities. People are usually very surprised when they find out about our company's volumes, geography and results. Especially Russian-speaking users, who do not look beyond the CIS.

Wait a bit and you will see the results of MetaTrader 5 implementation on the largest exchanges in the world. Everything is going according to plan.

Renat, what about options in MT5?

I haven't heard anything about options for a while now. The question seems to be in line with the topic of the thread.

Renat:

And they are very wrong. We don't make client terminals, we make trading platforms. We have been for 10 years.

I see a very serious misunderstanding of our company's activities. People are usually very surprised when they learn about our company's volumes, geography and results. Especially Russian-speaking users, who do not look beyond the CIS.

Wait a bit and you will see the results of MetaTrader 5 implementation on the largest exchanges in the world. Everything goes according to plan.

Here, write an article and explain the trading platform to the terminal's users. Many here know about the terminal, because they use it. You tell us about the server, its settings, what it does and how it may do ... We don't want to be afraid of anything else. All you do is distribute bans ...

I can't figure out how you are going to apply this to an exchange the simplest examples,

10004 TRADE_RETCODE_REQUOTE

to prezale the history, to cancel the "non-market" trades...

Execution speed is 3-7 seconds ... do you really believe that this will be in demand ?

joo:

Renat, what about options in MT5?

I haven't heard anything about options for a while now. The question seems to be in line with the topic of the thread.

Options will come later.

Renat:

And they are very wrong. We are not making client terminals, we are making trading platforms. We have been doing it for 10 years.

I see a very serious misunderstanding of our company's activities. People are usually very surprised when they find out about our company's volumes, geography and results. Especially Russian-speaking users, who do not look beyond the CIS.

Wait a bit and you will see the results of MetaTrader 5 implementation on the largest exchanges in the world. Everything is going according to plan.

When that happens, then we can talk about it, but for now the vast majority of those studying MT5 are only doing it for the championship.

IMHO of course :-)

Renat:

In fairness it should be made clear that often "advanced big shark fast trading software" is just an ordinary scalper with 1-3 pages of business logic in code. No need to surround brokers' trading tactics with myths.

And when talking about "small trader vs fast broker" you should also clarify "we are talking about competition in scalping and lack of strategy". Go into the creation of long-term strategies and the primitiveness of "the battle is for every cent" reasoning becomes clear at once.

But traders often descend into scalping - it's easier, there is no strategy (although they convince themselves that it is a "strategy") and it brings money faster. Then the subject logically evolves into "we are not allowed to trade", "we are not provided with pips", "the quality is wrong" and turns into "a disaster, a trader may not trade in pipsips better than a broker's big shark".

+1!

My thought on this is the same. The vast majority of "traders", including many institutional investors, would not be able to take advantage of the capabilities of so-called "real stock software". The guts. Renting a stock exchange colocation facility alone would cost tens of thousands of dollars a month. A data server would cost millions of dollars. Without technical support these software capabilities are useless. And such software is available to very few people. And all for what? A few pips? You need to have a deposit of several hundred million dollars, to make tens of thousands of deals a day.

While the apologists for super-sophisticated and useless gimmicks try to prove their usefulness, millions of deposits are managed using elementary strategies like moving average, and all this is done openly and publicly, based on the good old MT4 terminal.
Reason: