Errors, bugs, questions - page 1961

fxsaber:
No way, only in Optimize mode.

Ahem... Is the inverse of "TOSTRING" solved?

Then during optimization you could write the parameter list to a file as text, and during the test you could read it and compare it to the used values of inputs.

Andrey Khatimlianskii:

Ahem... Is the inverse of "TOSTRING" solved?

Unfortunately, again, it's only solved in Optimize mode, or more precisely, FRAME_MODE.

In a normal EA run (not a tester) the list of input parameters with values is easily obtained through ChartSaveTemplate parsing.

fxsaber:

Unfortunately, again it is solved only in Optimize mode, more precisely - FRAME_MODE.

Option "optimization + test" is quite suitable for convenient display of input parameters of single passes after optimization.

But how can we get a list of parameters during a single pass, other than from the file prepared during optimization? And how to compare parameters from this file with values used in the test?

fxsaber:

Isn't it a mistake that const-method can change the field of its structure after all?

Huh, it's not this.i, but another instance of Struct.i that is being changed in the above code. There is no error. To block modification of Struct parameter, it should be declared as const as well.

Andrey Khatimlianskii:

The "optimise + test" option is fine for a convenient display of single pass input parameters after optimisation.

But how to get a list of parameters during a single pass, other than from the file prepared during optimization? And how to compare parameters from this file with values used in the test?

Only if to do imaginary Optimization in two passes, instead of single pass.

Stanislav Korotky:

Huh, in the above code, not this.i is changed, but another instance of Struct.i. There is no error. To block modification of the Struct parameter, it should be declared as const as well.

Yes, the mechanism is clear.

fxsaber:

Only if you do an imaginary Optimisation in two passes, instead of a single pass.

And how do the parameters in this file map to the values used in the test?

Andrey Khatimlianskii:

And how do the parameters in this file map the values used in the test?

Via ParameterSetRange.

fxsaber:

Via ParameterSetRange.

How does this help?

Optimisation has gone through, we have written down all the parameters to be searched with value ranges.

And then we run a single test, read the parameter list, and display it: parameter = value. In this case, we don't know the value, because we can't refer to the intu-variable by name.

Reason: