Errors, bugs, questions - page 653

alexvd:
And what does the terminal, optimization, testing, experts, indicators do at the same time?

Optimisation/testing mode is of course not used. One window with a tool is open, Expert Advisor is used. There are no indicators on the chart, but handles are received and signals/events from them are received. There are only 6 instruments in the Market Watch window. Mainly interested in why such a difference in consumption, all else being equal?

---

P.S. And the most important thing not mentioned. The problem shows up even when there is no connection.

tol64:

Optimisation/testing mode is of course not used. One window with a tool is open, Expert Advisor is used. There are no indicators on the chart, but handles are received and signals/events from them are received. There are only 6 instruments in the Market Watch window. Mainly interested in why such a difference in consumption, all else being equal?

---

P.S. And the most important thing not mentioned. The problem shows up even when there is no connection.

Apparently the load is due to rendering. If you remove the EA from the chart, does the load drop? If so, you need to look in EA/indicators to see what generates this load.

tol64:

---

Even then or only then?

I've noticed it when the internet is down, I put it down to the terminal trying to sync the history.

Yes, all programs in terminal work ~30% slower when internet is disconnected.

alexvd:
Apparently the load is due to rendering. And if you remove the EA from the chart - does the load goes down? If so, you need to look in the EA/indicators to see what exactly is generating this load.

If it happens on laptop or with weak video card, there is only one reason - slow card. This is indicated by a drop in load when hiding the window.

Keep in mind that the terminal is essentially a demanding graphics system which actively redraws a large number of graphical objects, ensuring smooth operation with a large number of working window updates per second.

Normal laptops have such weak graphics cards that they can't even render 2D graphics properly - this has been proven time and time again.

alexvd:
It looks like the load is caused by rendering. Does the load decrease if the Expert Advisor is removed from the chart? If yes, you need to look in Expert Advisor/indicators to find out what generates such load.

In general, part of the problem has been solved. I found one error on my side. But I found one more thing, when the processor starts "dancing wildly". The objects-graphics create very strong interference, even if there are no indicators at all. I can't see them on the main chart or in the object-graphics. The slowness is such that Expert Advisor's events are held with a very long delay. Have you, by any chance, received such a message from Service Desk? :) I remember something like this already on the forum. If so, will this issue be solved?

For example, if I have a row of many objects and my Expert Advisor updates their coordinates every tick, it won't be visible. If I open 5 or 6 windows with different tools, there won't be anything too extreme. But 3 or 4 chart objects will become very noisy. But if the terminal window is minimized, the noise stops. I understand that when the terminal window is minimized, graphic objects are not redrawn.

Urain:

Even then or only then?

I've noticed this when the internet is down, I put it down to the terminal trying to sync the history.

All the programs in the terminal run ~30% slower when the internet is disconnected.

That's right even then.

Renat:

If this is happening on a laptop or with a weak video card, there is only one cause, a slow card. This is indicated by a drop in load when hiding the window.

Don't forget that the terminal is essentially a demanding graphics system which actively redraws a large number of graphical objects, ensuring smooth operation with a large number of working window updates per second.

Normal laptops have such weak graphics cards that they can't even render 2D graphics properly - this has been verified many times.

Well, my laptop card isn't that weak to slow down on 2D graphics and redraw the terminal with not so many objects already. Tested on 3 dimensional rather weighty games at full settings. For example, Call Of Duty and Need For Speed. Maybe somewhere else can "tighten the screws"? :)

//---

P.S. Of course, I will still try to look for the problem. I'm actually trying not to run straight to a forum to ask and several times was that the problem was actually on my end. Even though I was sure it wasn't. :)

tol64:

Well, my laptop's card isn't that weak to slow down in 2D graphics and to redraw a terminal with not so many objects. Tested on 3 dimensional rather weighty games at full settings. For example, Call Of Duty and Need For Speed. Maybe somewhere else can "tighten the screws"? :)

The point of the post was that many modern video cards have cut out support for 2D graphics, while 3D works.

Rosh:
The gist of the message was that many modern graphics cards have cut out support for 2D graphics, while 3D works.
What would you recommend for testing a video card in that case ? is it suitable for the terminal ?

Rosh:
The gist of the message was that many modern graphics cards have cut out support for 2D graphics, while 3D works.

Haven't even heard of it being done yet. :)

//---

In general, I have sorted myself out a little bit. I came to the conclusion that the period of global code optimization had begun. This is probably the next step in my development. Now I will optimize everything in a row.

Urain:
What would you recommend for testing a graphics card in that case ?

Take something like this at once then.

The peak data transfer rate (memory bandwidth) of modern graphics cards reaches 327 GB/s (e.g. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 or 320 GB/s for AMD Radeon™ HD 6990).

You can't go wrong. Power is never short :)
Reason: