Machine learning in trading: theory, models, practice and algo-trading - page 951

Aleksey Vyazmikin:

I'll add a few more predictors and move on to ensembles.... and then the tambourines and dancing will begin.

it's better not to start )) it sucks

when there's no strategy in your head and no fundamental confirmation that it can even work, it's all just kurvafitting

cull predictors, don't cull, cull models, don't cull... it could take forever

Being fully aware of this phenomenon, I just made a curvafitter and a regularizer. It eats everything on the input, spits out random stuff on the feedback, but after regularization it works for some time.

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

It's better not to start )) it sucks so badly

when there's no strategy in your head and no fundamental confirmation that it can work at all, it's all curvafitting

Pick the predictors, don't pick them, pick models, don't per...

If the Expert Advisor works well with this data, there are some regularities that are described in it, and it doesn't matter if it is a fitting or not, so let's at least use the MO model on them!

Aleksey Vyazmikin:

Here's no need, if the advisor works well on this data, then there are patterns that are described in it, and it doesn't matter if it's a fit or not, so let the MO model come out on it, at least!

Awareness is a complicated thing that comes through suffering

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

Awareness is a complex thing that comes through suffering

Awareness that MO can't replicate the clear logic of the algorithm?

Aleksey Vyazmikin:

The realization that MO cannot replicate the clear logic of the algorithm?

That makes no sense at all.

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

and it doesn't make any sense at all.

Then yes, I'm disappointed.

Machine Learning and Reinforcement Learning in Finance | Coursera
Machine Learning and Reinforcement Learning in Finance | Coursera
  • www.coursera.org
Machine Learning and Reinforcement Learning in Finance from New York University Tandon School of Engineering. The main goal of this specialization is to provide the knowledge and practical skills necessary to develop a strong foundation on core ...

For the last file I had this with the tree :

2016, training

y_pred

y_true-101

2015, test:

y_pred

y_true-101

when predicting "-1": -1 will actually occur slightly more often than 1. But 0 will be the most frequent, and it will probably all end in losses. Similarly for the "1" class.

Trouble came out with the tree. Genetics chose the tree parameter cp = 0, and this gives the tree permission for a bunch of branches. That's not good, we should have restricted this parameter to some small non-zero value.

I think there are not enough predictors in the data to classify "0". We need some indicators of flat, for example.

In general it is bad with the tree. SanSanych's timber is much cooler.

Aleksey Vyazmikin:

What is this retraining, wrong settings or a drastically different market?

Bad model settings, and retraining as a consequence.

Dr. Trader:

SanSanych's timber is much cooler.

What coolness is there - retraining and nothing else, he does not have a single predictor that would relate to his target variable - all noise. And he sits in rattle, and instead of checking for noise, he puts garbage files here.

Reason: