Machine learning in trading: theory, models, practice and algo-trading - page 1102

Grail:

Not a full 8 lines:)

I can make it even shorter: the "crowd" in the market cannot be detected by means of statistics (MO including), what to play against it

It is a super-valuable idea for you so far, that's why you are poking me and condemning my criticism, but when you check it yourself, you will quietly agree.

Criticism should be criticism, and your statements, if you criticize, you say: I think you're wrong - because .... read, checked, tried, etc...

If everyone expressed themselves that way, this thread would lose 1000 pages.

And so your statements can be compared to shots in the air, blank cartridges, such statements of course only irritate, then get the predictable response, strange that you as not a young man this did not understand

zy. And I do not need a shorter form, I need content, even better if with pictures

mytarmailS:

But your statements can be compared to shots in the air, blank cartridges, such statements naturally only irritate, after which you get the predictable reaction

Why should you react so emotionally to unknown people? This is a forum, a person came here, expressed his opinion and nothing more, this is not a paid training course for an unknown profession)))

But generally, i wrote a few days ago the same idea that@Graal had - not everything can be predicted, there are spontaneous actions of one or a small group of participants, in fact - force majeure, but it is a planned action or a real force majeure, that a participant went to the market just to buy a large volume and left, but not to make a speculative profit.

This is the situation on the Forex market, it's purely my personal opinion, let's remember the story of Soros and the pound, the story has a "beard" and in fact it is well PR'ed, but what is going on daily in the market is not so carefully covered, and in reality this "Soros Story" is rotating every week / month - "wolves eat sheep". )))), the industry is really expensive, I don't want to google it, about three years ago I was looking at ads for Quants in investment companies, there the price tag for a Quant was from $100k $

Igor Makanu:

1) But why react so emotionally to unknown people? This is a forum, a person came to it, said his opinion, but nothing more. This is not a paid training course for an obscure profession.)

2) But in general, I wrote a few days ago the same idea that@Graal had - not everything can be predicted, there are spontaneous actions of one or a small group of participants, in fact - force majeure, but it is a planned action, or really - force majeure - the participant went to the market just to buy a large volume and left, but not to get a speculative profit.

This is the situation on the Forex market, it's purely my personal opinion, let's remember the story of Soros and the pound, the story has a "beard" and in fact it is well PR'ed, but what is going on daily in the market is not so carefully covered, and in reality this "Soros Story" is rotating every week / month - "wolves eat sheep". )))), the industry is really expensive, I don't want to google it, about three years ago I was looking at ads for quants at an inveset company, there the price tag for a quant was from $100k $

1) How emotional? You're talking to the sky? I think it's too much...

I do not need these opinions if there is nothing behind them! 1,000 pages of forum in these opinions, there is no use except to dilute the brain

2) Well you understand, at least I have a philosophy-theory, the theory can be checked, modeled, criticized, made richer and it can explain a lot of things or ask the right questions. You along with the grail are just saying, everything is random, you can't predict, well what are you doing here then, you know? This is a dead-end situation, it's not even standing still, it's degradation. A trading system is a forecast, how are you going to build TS - to make a forecast if you have the theory that forecasting is impossible?

Again, at the expense of "someone just bought" - and the other one who sold to him, he "just sold"? Are you often in the market to "just buy"?

Maybe it's time to ask yourself leading questions and look for answers?

mytarmailS:

2. well, you don't do that, you need to check the history, but you only have forecasts on the last bars and check the forecast online, it's not very effective

mytarmailS:

again, at the expense of "someone just bought" - and the other one who sold to him, he "just sold"? madness! do you often "just buy" in the market?

Imagine yes, that's exactly what I do sometimes when I do not want to give money to resellers - I go sometimes once a month, sometimes once every six months, just to look around, at the wholesale market and buy, the little things that I need now and then a few days at the wholesale, not retail ... so say came in and bought and left, not resell ))))

Igor Makanu:

2. Well, you kind of do not do it, you need to check the history, and you only have forecasts on the last bar and check the forecast online, it's not very effective

it's just a toy and it's still under development

All that's connected with mo, you need to check it "with your eyes" to improve it efficiently and only then you can make autonomous forecasts, this is my experience

Igor Makanu:

2. Well, you kind of do not do it, you need to check the history, and you only have forecasts on the last bar and check the forecast online, this is not very effective

Imagine yes, that's exactly what I do sometimes when I want not to give money to resellers - I go sometimes once a month, and sometimes once every six months, just for a walk to see, at the wholesale base and buy, just small things that I need now and for a few days at the wholesale, not at retail ... So say came and bought and left, not resell ))))

This is not a fair comparison, don't you agree?

1) household goods you buy for future use

2) Financial instruments you buy only for financial gain.

Now the correct example:

You reseller (those are interested in financial gain), go to the market somewhere and just buy 100 winter coats for the further resale, and do not care that in your city, these coats are twice cheaper, and the fact that the summer is out, you just bought, well, you wanted to, I smell like marasmus ... But this is your theory))

See how your theory "bought it for nothing" makes your brain thinner, nothing just happens.

mytarmailS:

Well, this is not the right comparison at all, agree!

The correct one, well, what the hell with the daily use goods and Forex in the name... Let's take more real price charts, where the "legend" says that one can earn his first million - I mean the stock market

how can you buy a lot of stocks? :

- you can register as a private person and make a purchase and send it to the repository of your choice.

- You could employ a broker from Sberbank and make the same transaction.

- you can "pretend" to be another Soros and make a purchase without coverage.

That's more or less how I see it:

You are on the other side of the exchange terminal, and you must use your indicator to predict the further movement of the share price

In case of the first and second case the aim of purchase is receiving dividends, in the third case - speculative profit. Please note, that the second case is difficult to predict what will be the volume and how does a professional participant make big purchases - based on strategy? just bought and left? with a loss of information, to trick me and buy at a price that I know is not profitable?

How can you determine with your indicator that I'm going to buy, for example, 15% of shares? - the price will change? and where it will go in the next hour? i cannot even guess, although i will know that the deal will be significant to the market

Note, Cases 1 and 2 are financial gain, but in the form of dividends)))

i think that if i remember correctly i think it's Carry trade).

mytarmailS:

And I do not need to be shorter, I need content, even better if with pictures

Funny man, not only do you need informative, but also with pictures :))) A page ago I cited the post of a more or less smart quantum, in particular about what you can learn about the algorithms and strategies from people who are experts in the field. But if you can't read between the lines and take a hint, you won't be short of content on another level, with pictures and videos, about how to shove ZZ into MO and get 80% accuracy of predictions.

At least don't mortgage your apartment for these "super models" with pictures, you'll thank me later:)

Igor Makanu:

I do not know what to do with it.

Well, I agree with everything I've written, that's why I trade only one euro-dollar, one of the most liquid or the most liquid instrument.

Grail:

At least don't mortgage your apartment for these "super models" with pictures, you'll thank me later:)

All right))

If you have something to say on the essence, or to share some research, write with pleasure, I'll read. Until then, again water, unfortunately

Reason: