Tester: Testing Visualization: Manual Trading

New article Testing Visualization: Manual Trading has been published:

Testing manual strategies on history. Check how your trading algorithm works turning a deaf ear to programming niceties!

Author: Andrey Khatimlianskii

very good

could you create a function to change the period in test mode?

I am stuck at the point where it says "Starting" I do what is writen but nothing apears on the chart.

What do you think I might be doing wrong?

at last i found simulator by metatrader

Nice simulator and no comment TQ

Great ea.

Could u add another input to allow the tester to pause at predermined interval at a specified time of the day?
This would allow test data to be preserved while placing new entries.

cobra1111:
very good

could you create a function to change the period in test mode?

Also would be great to add an interval for testing.

Hi, excellent programme, is there a way to add a predetermined pause in the programme, i.e pause at 04:00, and continue by pressing the pause key?

Very good, is there a way to add a pause command, ie pause tester at 04:00? and when is does, bring up time for next pause?

Further to my previous comments attached is an ea Pausebreak.mq4 which will run tester at intervals.

I have tried to incorporate the code in VhandsTrade but it does not seem to like it. Have attached vHandstradepause with the Pausebreak code in it, and if someone could debug and repost it would be great.

And here is the amended vHands

This is the best tool I've ever seen about MT4.

But, there's one disadvantage: say the last bar of chart is A, I feel good with the chart and want to open an position, so I use vhandstrade to open an position, then I press F12 once, there comes a new bar B and the position is built, BUT: the price of the position is close price of B, while my wish is close price of A or opening price of B...... that could make a big difference.
So, could anybody please change the code a bit, make it OPEN price of B, not CLOSE price of B ?

Reason: