Trading: Simple Methods of Forecasting Directions of the Japanese Candlesticks

New article Simple Methods of Forecasting Directions of the Japanese Candlesticks has been published:

Knowing the direction of the price movement is sufficient for getting positive results from trading operations. Some information on the possible direction of the price can be obtained from the Japanese candlesticks. This article deals with a few simple approaches to forecasting the direction of the Japanese candlesticks.

Author: Evgeniy Logunov

So, what is your intention doing Simple Methods of Forecasting Directions of the Japanese Candlesticks if the result is bad?

I'm a researcher. As I see, as we got a result, regardless of it is good or bad one, it is a result we can consider it in an other researches or avoid using the same concept to save other researchers time and effort. Also, it could direct to some new ideas or directions for the same topic.

So, I personally consider it a value added info for adding a new info to our knowledge.

Thanks to the author, Evgeniy Logunov :) 

Is there any code for MT5? I am not using MT4.

This is an old article. I have read with interest.

I chanced upon the "miracle of candlesticks" recently when I was talking to someone about what kind of market structure will trading be more successful.

Then it falls on me that that market structure is actually a particular candlestick on a higher time frame.

And so, I have also begun coding an independent test module for it. Of course, this article becomes one of my references.

Win ratio is almost guaranteed for a specific candlestick of a certain category, but only for certain time frames.

My own opinion is that I think you cannot trade every candlestick that comes, like what the author did in his case.

Then it will be like throwing multiple darts and hoping at least some of them land accurately and wins exceed losses.

That explains the negative report in this article.

Well I think if more people contribute their ideas, even this seemingly useless article can also become an interesting topic in itself.

Just need more people to see the rationale behind it.

Hello,  I read the article with some interest.  I suspect that if you incorporate an extreme Bollinger Band location into the mix, your accuracy will greatly improve.  By this I mean, that if the price location is outside an extreme Bollinger Band then the likelihood that the correct model is STATE_REVERSE is increased.  Granted, this will not always be the situation, yet much more likely for the smaller time frame charts.  Similarly, if the current price location is near the median of the Bollinger Band then it might be more likely that the correct model STATE_NORMAL is accurate.  This is just another widget to throw into your EA to see if the accuracy of the adaptive model can be improved.  Thanks again for your article.
Reason: