I'm trying to open a service request but nothing is happening

I'm trying to open a request but when i click on the button, literally nothing happens.  There is no option to make a request.  It's like the button doens't even work.  Not sure what to do.

The service desk is dealing with the financial issues only (related to the services such as Market, signals and MQL5 VPS mainly).
How to open the ticket?
read below -

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Loss access to MQL5

Alexey Petrov, 2021.11.26 10:00

Choose Account \ Ask a question, then describe your problem and it will create a ticket for you.

Yes, so i go to the service desk page, and when i click on new request, nothing happens.  It's like the button doesn't work.  Literally nothing happens.
The problem is is that i got an ea that i backtested on mt5 but i purchased the mt4 version and it's not working properly.  The suffix button doens't seem to work and it's not making trades.  The author hasn't responded to any of my messages in the last three days.  All i want it to exchange it for the mt5 version.  

s

Kiel Warren Titus Hudson #:

Yes, so i go to the service desk page, and when i click on new request, nothing happens.  It's like the button doesn't work.  Literally nothing happens.
The problem is is that i got an ea that i backtested on mt5 but i purchased the mt4 version and it's not working properly.  The suffix button doens't seem to work and it's not making trades.  The author hasn't responded to any of my messages in the last three days.  All i want it to exchange it for the mt5 version.  

s

• The technical issue should be discussed on the forum (the service desk is reading the threads).
  • If it is the issue related to the product so it should be addressed to the seller.
  • If it is the issue resulting to the refund (for example) so - yes, it is the to the service desk.

And I found one reply of admin (admin from the service desk) - he described about how to create the ticket to the service desk - read my previous post ... it is some thing as the following:

Choose Account \ Ask a question, then describe your problem and it will create a ticket for you.

----------------

But please note that the service desk is located in EU (factically and physically in persons incl English language, Russian language, Chinese language, and so on; yes the service desk is having the support from the EU in many languages).

----------------

But!
And it may be the holiday in some countries in EU ...
I know it because I am not from the EU :)

Example:

• bank holidays in the EU is starting in somewhere in December and finishing by 31st of December or by 1st of January (similar to the US holidays);
  • the bank holidays in my country (Russia) is started in 1st of January and finishing in 9th of January.

I mean ... yes, I am speaking with some of the service desk staff in Russian language. But I know that Russians are just a minority in this company (just few/several Russians by nationality/nation who are living in EU for the present time which may reply to me; and the company is the big one).

----------------

Well.
What to do?
You can explain your issue in technical details on your thread here.... and if no one will help (in case you provided the whole technical details) so - write to this thread about it, and than - I (or any other public forum moderator) will open the ticket to the service desk (yes, the public moderators of the forum are having the rights to open the tickets to the service desk for any issues which they have been found on the forum).

Sergey Golubev #:
  • The technical issue should be discussed on the forum (the service desk is reading the threads).
  • If it is the issue related to the product so it should be addressed to the seller.
  • If it is the issue resulting to the refund (for example) so - yes, it is the to the service desk.

And I found one reply of admin (admin from the service desk) - he described about how to create the ticket to the service desk - read my previous post ... it is some thing as the following:

----------------

But please note that the service desk is located in EU (factically and physically in persons incl English language, Russian language, Chinese language, and so on; yes the service desk is having the support from the EU in many languages).

----------------

But!
And it may be the holiday in some countries in EU ...
I know it because I am not from the EU :)

Example:

• bank holidays in the EU is starting in somewhere in December and finishing by 31st of December or by 1st of January (similar to the US holidays);
  • the bank holidays in my country (Russia) is started in 1st of January and finishing in 9th of January.

I mean ... yes, I am speaking with some of the service desk staff in Russian language. But I know that Russians are just a minority in this company (just few/several Russians by nationality/nation who are living in EU for the present time which may reply to me; and the company is the big one).

----------------

Well.
What to do?
You can explain your issue in technical details on your thread here.... and if no one will help (in case you provided the whole technical details) so - write to this thread about it, and than - I (or any other public forum moderator) will open the ticket to the service desk (yes, the public moderators of the forum are having the rights to open the tickets to the service desk for any issues which they have been found on the forum).

Ok, the problem is is that my broker uses .p notation.  There is a section in the EA to input your suffix.  When I do this, it still doesn't make trades on my account.  Backtesting doesn't seem to work with the .p notation either, although it does work with the standard notation.

Ok for example, you can see when i test it on eur/usd, it works. When i test in my brokers symbol (eurusd.p) it does not.  I've inputed the correct suffix as you can see, and it still doesn't want to trade that symbol.  

Before i bought the ea, I backtested in MT5 with no problems on my brokers symbol.  I use MT5 to backtest because the symbol data is a lot better than mt4, but my broker uses mt4.  So i usually backtest in mt5 and buy the mt4 version.  

I've messaged the author numerous times over the last 4 days.  He has read the messages, but hasn't responded.  I just want the MT5 version, or for him to fix the suffix option on mt4.  

Ok, the problem is is that my broker uses .p notation.  There is a section in the EA to input your suffix.  When I do this, it still doesn't make trades on my account.  Backtesting doesn't seem to work with the .p notation either, although it does work with the standard notation.

Ok for example, you can see when i test it on eur/usd, it works. When i test in my brokers symbol (eurusd.p) it does not.  I've inputed the correct suffix as you can see, and it still doesn't want to trade that symbol.  

Before i bought the ea, I backtested in MT5 with no problems on my brokers symbol.  I use MT5 to backtest because the symbol data is a lot better than mt4, but my broker uses mt4.  So i usually backtest in mt5 and buy the mt4 version.  

I've messaged the author numerous times over the last 4 days.  He has read the messages, but hasn't responded.  I just want the MT5 version, or for him to fix the suffix option on mt4.  

This is not a Service Desk issue, you should wait for the author's reply.

Remember that these are holiday days in most parts of the world, so you may be in agony but you need to be patient, you can't blame a seller if he/she doesn't answer around new year's days.

How is this not a service desk issue?  What happens if the ea isn't fixed?  I literally bought a broken product.  Also like i said, he has read the messages over the last 4 days.  I obviously don't expect an answer now but 4 days ago when he read it would have been nice.  So i'm stuck with a broken product now????  

It is mostly related to the following:
why did you buy this product from this seller?
and the answer si in the Rules here: https://www.mql5.com/en/market/rules
Rules of Using the Market Service
Rules of Using the Market Service
  • www.mql5.com
General Provisions and Conditions of Use service Market

Sergey Golubev #:
It is mostly related to the following:
why did you buy this product from this seller?
and the answer si in the Rules here: https://www.mql5.com/en/market/rules

As per the sellers rule:

1. The Seller shall fix all critical errors detected in the Product, which result in the early termination of the Product operation.

What happens if he doesn't fix it??

As per the sellers rule:

1. The Seller shall fix all critical errors detected in the Product, which result in the early termination of the Product operation.

How do you know that he has read the messages?

MQL5.com messaging system doesn't show such information.

If he doesn't answer within a logical period of at least 7-10 days, its a Service Desk issue.

As per the sellers rule:

Why did you buy this product from this seller?
Reason: