Variable Lot Size from Signal transformed into Fixed Lot Size - need help if possible

Greetings,

I've been following the North East Way signal which appears to have had 39 months of profit in a row so I thought, let's put this to the test.

However, I quickly come to the conclusion that all his trades are not copied with the same variable lot size, but with a fixed lot size.

I'm with the broker BDSwiss and have tested this on 2 of their accounts. The Classic Live account, which strangely enough only places all the North East Way signals with a fixed lot size of 0.01 - and I also tried the VIP account, which strangely enough only places all the North East Way signals with a fixed lot size of 0.1

The trader behind the North East Way advises all traders copying his signal to at least have $3000 on their account, which I have, so no problems there. Yet still, all trades are copies with a fixed lot size. 

In the signal options menu, I've agreed to the terms, I've enabled realtime signal subscription. I did not enable copy Stop Loss and Take Profit levels and I enabled Synchronize positions, all according to the advised settings by the signal trader himself.

The only difference here is that instead of 95% of maximum, I have set the "Use no more than" to 50%. Would that be the problem?

Some of this signal trades on his trading history are placed with a lotsize of 0.04 or 0.05 - yet all my trades are being copied with 0.1 - all of them.

I would assume, perhaps wrongly, that if I disallow using more then 50% of my balance is set, that lot sizes bigger than 0.1 will not be used, but surely smaller lot sizes, right? But that is not the case, as all lot sizes remain fixed at 0.1

The problem with this, is that this tampers with the martingale trading style this trader uses to generate a winning streak of 39 months of profit.

Without the increase in lot size, it becomes much more difficult to compensate for certain losses.

Can anybody help me with this problem? Is there a solution? Is this a problem with MT4 or the MQL5 signal service?

OR is it a problem with my current broker and should I search for another broker?

Thanks for reading and hopefully some helpful replies.

Kind regards,

Willem

It seems this topic has already been covered here:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/332554

Still weird that the signal provider would advise to have a minimum of $3000 even though that clearly isn't enough then to properly copy the trades.

His own balance is near $45000 - I guess that will ruin the proportional trading aspect of his signal. 

copy trading from a signal : the copied trades are the same lot sizes but the source trades are not!
copy trading from a signal : the copied trades are the same lot sizes but the source trades are not!
  • www.mql5.com
Hello, I have a big problem : I'm using the copy trading service. From the trader I selected, many source trades have different lot sizes...

Lot size of subscribers depend on the balance of subscriber/provider and the leverage of the trading account of subscriber/provider.
Besides, it depends on the balance operations (deposit/withdrawal) which subscribers/provider are doing on their accounts.

You can calculate lot size by yourself using the example provided on this thread:

Besides, there is some rounding scheme, for example:

Sergey Golubev #:

Lot size of subscribers depend on the balance of subscriber/provider and the leverage of the trading account of subscriber/provider.
Besides, it depends on the balance operations (deposit/withdrawal) which subscribers/provider are doing on their accounts.

You can calculate lot size by yourself using the example provided on this thread:

The signal trader provides his potential follower with these calculation method to determine possible lot sizes used.

https://t.me/new_signals/179

And he clearly stated that you at least need $3000, but from the looks of things, $3000 isn't enough to trade with higher lot sizes than 0.01 (which is transformed to 0.1 only because the BDSwiss VIP channel forces traders to trade with a minimum of 0.1, otherwise it would also have been 0.01).

Willem Warry #:

The signal trader provides his potential follower with these calculation method to determine possible lot sizes used.

https://t.me/new_signals/179

And he clearly stated that you at least need $3000, but from the looks of things, $3000 isn't enough to trade with higher lot sizes than 0.01 (which is transformed to 0.1 only because the BDSwiss VIP channel forces traders to trade with a minimum of 0.1, otherwise it would also have been 0.01).

The questions about lot size for subscribers are askied many times during the long time.
So, I am just providing the links to the threads, and the users can calculate/check possible lot size by themselves using the following data:

• balance of subscriber and balance of provider;
  • leverage of trading account for subscriber and provider;
  • deposit percentage load (subscribers; the settings of subscription);
  • it may be some limitation based on the broker of subscriber (minimum lot size for trading account for example; or non-forex symbol for XAU/USD or others);
  • rounding scheme (this link);
  • balance operations on the trading account (example: subscriber or provider told that he did not deposit/withdraw any fund from trading account; I asked for logs, they provided the logs and it is written that one of them made the balance operations or their brokers archived some historical data on the way of balance operations).

Example of the calculation (without rounding scheme) is here: https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/618#example

Lot size is automatically calculated, and the results of this calculation is written in the logs/journal for subscribers (check post )

Frequently Asked Questions about the Signals service
Frequently Asked Questions about the Signals service
  • www.mql5.com
Discover in 15 Minutes: Watch the Video about Trading Signals in MetaTrader 4 and MetaTrader 5 The most frequently asked questions related to the S...

Sergey Golubev #:

The questions about lot size for subscribers are askied many times during the long time.
So, I am just providing the links to the threads, and the users can calculate/check possible lot size by themselves using the following data:

• balance of subscriber and balance of provider;
  • leverage of trading account for subscriber and provider;
  • deposit percentage load (subscribers; the settings of subscription);
  • it may be some limitation based on the broker of subscriber (minimum lot size for trading account for example; or non-forex symbol for XAU/USD or others);
  • rounding scheme (this link);
  • balance operations on the trading account (example: subscriber or provider told that he did not deposit/withdraw any fund from trading account; I asked for logs, they provided the logs and it is written that one of them made the balance operations or their brokers archived some historical data on the way of balance operations).

Example of the calculation (without rounding scheme) is here: https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/618#example

Lot size is automatically calculated, and the results of this calculation is written in the logs/journal for subscribers.

From the looks of things, I now realize that despite he has an amazing track record of 39 months of profit; following his signals with the advised account balance of a minimum of $3000 is simply not enough, considering his account balance is $45000, which makes my account a mere 6% of what he has. I've recalculated his track record and while yes, some months can still be amazingly profitable, it also shows some month to now have heavy losses, due to my account balance being 6% in comparison to his, and as such, the martingale revenge trade strategy simply isn't viable.

So this has nothing to do with the broker, not MT4, not MQL5 forum, but the trader that has an insanely high account balance, which ultimately ruins using him as a signal trader unless you have a comparably fat account, which sadly I don't. Too bad though, I was hoping to make some proper gains and then buy his awesome EA, but right now, I think it's way too risky.

Reason: