Windows 11 and MT4/5

Win11 will be officially launched soon. Has anybody tested the win11 via the "early preview for Windows Insiders" with the MT4/MT5?

Any problems we need to worry about? Any compatibility issues? Would it be safe to upgrade to win11 without issues with MT4/5? EAs, indicators  or scripts not working?  Speed issues? 

Anybody having tested it, please share your experience. Thanks!

Some users (incl moderator of Russian forum) already upgraded to Windows 11, they tested Metatrader 5 and everything works fine for them.
You can read this thread in Russian forum with in-built translation feature: https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/374482

Sergey Golubev #:
Some users (incl moderator of Russian forum) already upgraded to Windows 11, they tested Metatrader 5 and everything works fine for them.
You can read this thread in Russian forum with in-built translation feature: https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/374482

Спосибо Сергей! I do hope no issues are waiting for us with win11... 

Hello

I am using MT5 on a Surface Pro 3 which was upgraded to Windows 11 last weekend (Windows Insider program).

I haven't noticed any problem so far with MetaTrader 5 which I also use with the MetaTrader5 library for Python.

Everything is working normally.

I haven't really tested MT4 which I hardly use anymore.

I just launched MT4 to be able to answer you and the application opens. I added an indicator to a chart and everything looks "normal".

Here is my configuration

Name of the device Surface3

Processor Intel (R) Core (TM) i5-4300U CPU @ 1.90GHz 2.50 GHz

RAM memory installed 4.00 GB

System type 64-bit operating system, x64 processor

Stylus and touch function Touch or stylus input functionality is not available on this screen

Editing Windows 11 Professional

Version 21H2

Installed on 08/26/2021

Operating system build 22000.168

Experience Windows 1000.22000.168.0 Feature Experience Pack

I don't know if anyone else is having issues with using mt4 on windows 11, Untill yesterday the MT4 app won't load, I downloaded a custom indicator from mql5 and it froze, That's when the problem started. The loading wheel shows but never opens the app. I've uninstalled the app multiple times and nothing works. I'm seriously out of options and can't figure what's going on. Can anyone help me?  thanks in advance. 

Leroy Pastran # :
I don't know if anyone else is having issues with using mt4 on windows 11, Untill yesterday the MT4 app won't load, I downloaded a custom indicator from mql5 and it froze, That's when the problem started. The loading wheel shows but never opens the app. I've uninstalled the app multiple times and nothing works. I'm seriously out of options and can't figure what's going on. Can anyone help me?  thanks in advance. 

How did you load the MQL5 indicator into the old terminal?

Leroy Pastran #:

Many users had the issue with openning Metatrader, and all of them are related to their antivirus.
read this thread as the example:

Limitations to use old builds of MT4/MT5 or old versions of Windows (incl antivirus issue): this page

More:

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

MT 5 Keeps Crashing / Closing itself

Sergey Golubev, 2021.02.27 06:01

The other reason is your antivirus and/or firewall.
Read this old article about it (this article is about MT4 but it may be same cases for MT5 for example: MetaTrader 4 Working under Antiviruses and Firewalls - the article

----------------‌

Besides, you can check the charts to close them ... just go to C:\...\MetaQuotes\Terminal\...\profiles\default  and delete all files which looks like the following: chart01.chr and chart02.chr and so on
Unable to launch the MT4 MT5 program
Unable to launch the MT4 MT5 program
  • www.mql5.com
Dear Team, I have downloaded MT5 and MT4 from your website but I am unable to open it...

Sergey Golubev #:

Many users had the issue with openning Metatrader, and all of them are related to their antivirus.
read this thread as the example:

Limitations to use old builds of MT4/MT5 or old versions of Windows (incl antivirus issue): this page

More:

----------------‌

Besides, you can check the charts to close them ... just go to C:\...\MetaQuotes\Terminal\...\profiles\default  and delete all files which looks like the following: chart01.chr and chart02.chr and so on

I turned off the anti virus and it still doesn't work. I'm using parrallels for mac. Can that be the issue? also mt5 works with no problem.

Vladimir Karputov #:

How did you load the MQL5 indicator into the old terminal?

I'm new to these type of problems so I can answer your question correctly to the best of my knowledge. I was just downloading a currency strength meter and it froze. After that the problems started up. 

Leroy Pastran #:

I turned off the anti virus and it still doesn't work. I'm using parrallels for mac. Can that be the issue?

1. If it is related to custom indicators attached to the chart so you can use the following procedure (to delete the charts in Metatrader without openning Metatrader):

Try to restart your computer ... because if you were downloading some indicators from this mql5 portal and MT4 was started to be opened because of that (but could not) ... so - try to restart your PC.

2. About antivirus .. I think - simple turning antivirus off is not enough (because antivirus is still on the memory of PC in anyway).
You should "delete" this antivirus from the computer's memory (using Task Manager for example), or add MT4 file/folders as the exception in this antivirus,
example:

Metatrader 5 not loading on Windows 10

Robert72, 2021.09.12 12:24

Thank you very much Sergey.

Yes, it was indeed my antivirus .

After i add Metatrader folder as antivirus exceptions everything is working .

I switched like 10 days ago from Avira to Avast Free Antivirus.

So for everyone experiencing the same issue :

Check your antivirus first and make Metatrader folder( located in Program files ) as exceptions .

It worked for me.

BIG thanks to Sergey again.

MT4 Oanda will not launch after install

BohdanPawluk, 2021.09.14 15:24

The problem was with my anti-virus software, I use AVG.

I added an exception to the Oanda Metatrader folder and then everything worked.

3. About "parrallels for mac" ... I have no idea sorry: I am not professional with this Parrallels and I do not have (have not use) Mac computer sorry.
I know that some Windows versions are not supported anymore by Metatrader ... but Windows 11 with 64-bit should be supported by any build of MT4 and MT5.

But I want to repeat: I know nothing about parrallels for mac sorry.
I hope that some other users may help in case it is really related to parrallels for mac.

Sergey Golubev #:

1. If it is related to custom indicators attached to the chart so you can use the following procedure (to delete the charts in Metatrader without openning Metatrader):

Try to restart your computer ... because if you were downloading some indicators from this mql5 portal and MT4 was started to open because of that (but could not) ... so - try to restart PC.

2. About antivirus .. I think - simple turning antivirus off is not enough (because antivirus is still on the memory of PC in anyway).
You should "delete" this antivirus from the computer's memory (using Task Manager for example), or add MT4 file/folders as the exception in this antivirus,
example:

3. About "parrallels for mac" ... I have no idea sorry: I am not professional with this parrallels and I do not have (have not use) Mac computer sorry.
I know that some Windows versions are not supported anymore by Metatrader ... but Windows 11 with 64-bit should be supported any build of MT4 and MT5.

But I want to repeat: I know nothing about parrallels for mac sorry.
I hope that some other users may help in case it is really related to parrallels for mac.

When I deleted mt4 I also checked delete personal data shouldn't it delete every indicator? anyways, This is stressing me out lol. Does anyone here have leads to a person who can turn mt4 EA and indicators for mt5? Like I said before mt5 is working great. Thanks in advance. and thanks so much for responding to my first questions. I appreciate it.

Reason: