Copying signal issues (duplicates and extra trades)

Hi

I started copying a new signal on metatrader 5 and I have many more positions than the ones listed on the signal provider mql5 webpage.

It looks a if his trades are either broken down in smaller pieces or duplicated

I also have some positions that should not be there if I refer to his current list of positions (on  the singal provider page). I tried to close them but they reappear, as I have enabled synchronization. 

Did anyone encounter the same issues?

If you can at Metatrader journal (or at MQL5 VPS journal in case you are using MQL5 VPS).

Because you can have more positions opened than the signal provider but it may be in the following case:

• you migrated your subscription to MQL5 VPS (for example) but this subscription is still working on your home Metatrader;
  • signal provider (or you) is making the balance operations (deposit/withdraw fund from the trading account) during positions which are opened in this time; you can see it from the journa/logs related to something as "position corrected" or any.

So, look at Metatrader journal (or at MQL5 VPS journal in case you are using MQL5 VPS) and try to understand the situation.
Because we are on the forum here, and we knew nothing about your subscription settings, about MQL5 VPS which you are using or not and about your journal/log which you did noit post on your thread for any support.

omeynet:

Hi

I started copying a new signal on metatrader 5 and I have many more positions than the ones listed on the signal provider mql5 webpage.

It looks a if his trades are either broken down in smaller pieces or duplicated

I also have some positions that should not be there if I refer to his current list of positions (on  the singal provider page). I tried to close them but they reappear, as I have enabled synchronization. 

Did anyone encounter the same issues?

The duplicate trades are happening because you copy the signal twice, in the MQL5 VPS and in your local terminal too.

The re-opening of trades is happening, because you've ticked the: Copy TP and SL option in Signals settings and this makes your copied trades to be closed earlier on your side when TP or SL is hit and they re-open upon synchronization with the signal, because they haven't closed yet at the signal side.

Make sure you've done everything as described here: 

How to Subscribe to MT4/MT5 Signal

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/189731  (MT4)

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/336422  (MT5)

thanks for our help all. The signal provider shared his opened orders and they match mine. He is breaking down his trades and this is not picked up on MQL5 summary somewhow. I am not using VPS so this was not the cause.

Many thanks!

Reason: