I propose the minimum price for 1 month rentals in the Market to be lowered to $10

Since the increase of the minimum market price for products to $30 some 2 years now, there has been an imbalance between old and new sellers and published products.

Older sellers that have published their products before this increase, they still offer 1 (or other period) month rentals or even unlimited use purchases for their products of $10 or $15.

Newer sellers don't have that option and are forced to put as a minimum price even for 1 month rentals the $30 minimum price.

As we all understand this is unfair because older products are more attractive, being easier to try out for 1 month at a lower price.

MQL5.com has announced some new measures for the Market lately, discontinuing the use of demo products, proposing at the same price to sellers to use a low price for 1 month rentals to give the buyers the option to try their products.

When some products are sold for unlimited use at $30, $40 or $50, anyone can see that a $30 price for 1 month rental is not logical.

I wholeheartedly second that.

I'm not a seller, nor I buyer, but I too agree! It makes total business sense!

the want to earn money.

20% of 30 bugs is definitely more then 20% of 10

amando:

the want to earn money.

20% of 30 bugs is definitely more then 20% of 10

I agree amando, but offering a lower 1 month rental will intrigue some potential buyers to try out some products and maybe buy them later.

The higher minimum price makes them to hesitate buying the full version of a product.

I may be wrong of course.

Eleni Anna Branou: I agree amando, but offering a lower 1 month rental will intrigue some potential buyers to try out some products and maybe buy them later. The higher minimum price makes them to hesitate buying the full version of a product.I may be wrong of course.
No, you are not wrong! MetaQuotes are the ones that don't understand this! They are being blinded by "greed" because they only see things from their narrow perspective and are unable to see things from the overall "big picture" perspective.

Fernando Carreiro:
No, you are not wrong! MetaQuotes are the ones that don't understand this! They are being blinded by "greed" because they only see things from their narrow perspective and are unable to see things from the overall "big picture" perspective.

I hope they re-consider reading this topic Fernando.

Eleni Anna Branou: I hope they re-consider reading this topic Fernando.

I'm sure they already know this. Their thinking is probably in the hopes of pushing the prices of full sales up.

For example, if a minimum rental is $30/month, then they are pushing for the full sale to be $180 (6 months worth) or a minimum of $90 (3 months).

They are pushing for higher values instead of many lower value sales, because they would have less transactions and fees for the same amount of profit on their end.

They are only looking at their side of things and totally disregarding their customers' ideals and needs.

Eleni Anna Branou:

Since the increase of the minimum market price for products to $30 some 2 years now, there has been an imbalance between old and new sellers and published products.

I agree all old products should be forced to relist at the current minimum rate of $30 for a purchase, it is only fair and probably the legal thing to do under EU law which is where Metaquotes sits.

Eleni Anna Branou:

Older sellers that have published their products before this increase, they still offer 1 (or other period) month rentals or even unlimited use purchases for their products of $10 or $15.

Newer sellers don't have that option and are forced to put as a minimum price even for 1 month rentals the $30 minimum price.

As we all understand this is unfair because older products are more attractive, being easier to try out for 1 month at a lower price.

MQL5.com has announced some new measures for the Market lately, discontinuing the use of demo products, proposing at the same price to sellers to use a low price for 1 month rentals to give the buyers the option to try their products.

When some products are sold for unlimited use at $30, $40 or $50, anyone can see that a $30 price for 1 month rental is not logical.

I Agree .

I agree with all that has been said, the marketplace could really have huge improvements for both sellers and buyers

I don't even see the point of having a minimum price (especially something like 30$, there are programs which you just can't charge that amount for), if they had to do home delivery of the programs but... online? What's the cost? And commissions aren't low either

Also, the old products that can surpass those limits are not really a fair competition

Reason: