Signals "Stop if equity is less than..."

Can I change this parameter "Stop if equity is less than..." while signal trading is already running? As I understand it is executed from trading platform so there should not be a problem.

Also wanted to clarify, do it just suspends signal and closes all trades, is this stop same as suspend?

Terek:

Can I change this parameter "Stop if equity is less than..." while signal trading is already running? As I understand it is executed from trading platform so there should not be a problem.

Also wanted to clarify, do it just suspends signal and closes all trades, is this stop same as suspend?

You can, but it will not suspend subscription, it will close your copied trades and if you don't suspend subscription after a while it will open them again upon synchronization.

At least it was like that a while ago, I don't know if they changed anything recently.

Eleni Anna Branou:

You can, but it will not suspend subscription, it will close your copied trades and if you don't suspend subscription after a while it will open them again upon synchronization.

At least it was like that a while ago, I don't know if they changed anything recently.

it would be logical that stop=suspend signal from further trading , this should be clarified, or else it does not do it's function of capital preservation. It can be solved by other ways in MT4 at least, by setting additional EA which closes everything at certain DD and closes platform also, but native platform function would be preferable.  These signal providers as I see don't like to follow their own rules of DD written in description, look what happened to <Deleted> signal.....

Terek:
 look what happened to <Deleted> signal.....

Do not refer to specific signals or products in your posts.

Eleni Anna Branou:

it seems it suspends subscription and synchronization at platform, I just made a partly withdrawal so equity had fall bellow the set level, I've got logs in journal - " Signal - account equity is below allowed value"  and "Signal - subscription disabled"  and it disabled synchonization (in signal options realtime subscription and synchronization became unchecked and greyed out)   but it didn't closed the existing open order ,  so it raises question why it not closed copied trade?

Terek:

it seems it suspends subscription and synchronization at platform, I just made a partly withdrawal so equity had fall bellow the set level, I've got logs in journal - " Signal - account equity is below allowed value"  and "Signal - subscription disabled"  and it disabled synchonization (in signal options realtime subscription and synchronization became unchecked and greyed out)   but it didn't closed the existing open order ,  so it raises question why it not closed copied trade?

At least its good it disables the signal subscription, then you can close the remaining open trades manually I guess.

Eleni Anna Branou:

At least its good it disables the signal subscription, then you can close the remaining open trades manually I guess.

it's not the solution, such way I can do everything manually, and as per Signal rules I've just read it should do " minimum value of equity in the trading account at which the implementation of Trading Signals will stop and all positions will be closed. " ,

so positions should be closed by terminal itself. Question remains, why it not work as intended?

Terek:

it's not the solution, such way I can do everything manually, and as per Signal rules I've just read it should do " minimum value of equity in the trading account at which the implementation of Trading Signals will stop and all positions will be closed. " ,

so positions should be closed by terminal itself. Question remains, why it not work as intended?

That is really odd, I suggest you to contact the Service Desk with this issue.

Eleni Anna Branou:

That is really odd, I suggest you to contact the Service Desk with this issue.

Service desk reply:  

We are only dealing with requests related to financial operations on mql5.com. All other questions/requests should be posted on the forum.

Best regards,
MQL5.com Support Team

so question remains open,  I have found multiple older reports of similar issue on forum, 1 from 2014 www.mql5.com/en/forum/151005 , several traders confirmed the issue,  and from 2017 about MT5 www.mql5.com/en/forum/215731 ,

so I think this should be well known issue, I cannot believe it still is not resolved.

Could someone from developers check it?

MQL5 forum
MQL5 forum
  • www.mql5.com
MQL5: Forum on automated trading systems and strategy testing

Terek:
Service desk reply:  

We are only dealing with requests related to financial operations on mql5.com. All other questions/requests should be posted on the forum.

Best regards,
MQL5.com Support Team

so question remains open,  I have found multiple older reports of similar issue on forum, 1 from 2014 www.mql5.com/en/forum/151005 , several traders confirmed the issue,  and from 2017 about MT5 www.mql5.com/en/forum/215731 ,

so I think this should be well known issue, I cannot believe it still is not resolved.

Could someone from developers check it?

I will report this to MQL5.com technicians for their consideration.

wanted to check, is this issue resolved in latest build 2981?
Reason: