Lost connection to Signal Server

Hello everybody

Yesterday 3 of my MT5 terminals "lost" the sync with the Signal provider. They are all latest build (2940) and all were running perfectly even this morning.

They are total 3 terminals, on 3 different VPS (2 of the same "VPS provider" and one of another VPS provider), on 3 different signals providers (and on 2 different MQL5 accounts)

Each terminal is latest version of each broker terminal (all updated to latest 2940 built).

In the journal of all three terminals, there were no errors at all.

I found out this morning that they were all not-synced with the signal provider, i just restarted them and everything is working fine again.

Different brokers, VPS, terminals, all independant from each others.

I presume that the "bug" was caused by MQL5 Signal Server (last update was about 2nd June at 17.02 terminal time)

How can I prevent this to happen in future ?

Is it possible to add a feature that makes the Terminal auto-reconnect in case of something like that happens ?

Is there a sort of "auto-reconnect" or "ping-to-stay-alive" feature to the Signal server ?

Thanks 

Hello everybody

Yesterday my MT5 clients "lost" the sync with the Signal provider. They are both latest build (2940) and both were running perfectly. 

They are 2 MT5 clients, Windows Platform, of 2 different brokers. They both stopped "synching" at the same time.

Different VPS, different brokers.

I could see no errors at all in the journal, they simply just stopped syncing with the Signal provider.

Once I restarted them, everything was perfectly running again.

What that could be the reason ? 

I can confirm what happened to Michele.
Different signal sources stopped syncing, I had to check the Signal MQL5 page to verify if he had open positions (which he had) and restart the MT5 Client, after the restart the synchronization started working again.
The same issue happened today as well on a different signal.

This can happen sometimes, all systems can fail at some point.

There is no auto sync feature or any other way to avoid this, you need to check your signal subscriptions frequently to make sure that everything runs smoothly.

Eleni Anna Branou:

This can happen sometimes, all systems can fail at some point.

There is no auto sync feature or any other way to avoid this, you need to check your signal subscriptions frequently to make sure that everything runs smoothly.

Thanks for your reply.

But is there any plan in adding some kind of feature to the System that makes some redundancy on the Signal server, to auto-switch server in case of "timeout" or whatever reason caused the "de-sync" happened yesterday ?

Or give some kind of output / warning / whatever to understand that sync is not working anymore ?

Michele Meggiolaro:

Thanks for your reply.

But is there any plan in adding some kind of feature to the System that makes some redundancy on the Signal server, to auto-switch server in case of "timeout" or whatever reason caused the "de-sync" happened yesterday ?

Or give some kind of output / warning / whatever to understand that sync is not working anymore ?

As it is now no, I will report this to the admins for their consideration.

Eleni Anna Branou:

As it is now no, I will report this to the admins for their consideration.

Thanks a lot. Yes please point it out to admins / developers of the Signal / MQL platform, I think that should be very very very nice to implement a sort of "backup Signal server" connection of the terminal, a sort of redundancy or whatsoever you can call it, like the one you have with each broker server, in case a server fails, it connects automatically to the next one, and then it goes back to the one with better ping/connection once it gets back online.

Michele Meggiolaro:

Thanks for your reply.

how you found out sync is not working?

Terek:
how you found out sync is not working?

On the VPS #1 with Signal provider #1 (this happened yesterday, 2nd June at about 18.00 CET)

yesterday I found out that some positions on my provider got closed from his MQL5 page, while my terminal had still the positions "open", i had to restart the terminal, and then it automatically closed the trades that were previously closed on the Signal provider.

No errors or whatsoever on the terminal journal, everything looked "perfectly working" 

On the VPS #2 with Signal provider #2 (this happened today 3rd June at about 10.00 CET)

There were positions opened on the Signal webpage of the Signal Provider I'm subscribed to, and I had no positions opened on my account, I checked the journal, there was no errors/nothing/everything was in "peace" like in "standby", no errors, nothing.

I restarted my MT5 terminal and it automatically synced the positions opened before by the Provider and now everything is in Sync again.

Basically i think that there has been a "desync" from Signal server yesterday, 2nd June, at around 6PM CET because one terminal closed a few positions in SYNC at about 17.57 CET, then everything got "stuck".

Actually I got "LUCKY" that i actually "lost" only some profits from this morning, but for sure it could have been much "worse".

I really hope for the future that developers put some redundancy / backup system on the Signal server. 

Michele Meggiolaro:

On the VPS #1 with Signal provider #1 (this happened yesterday, 2nd June at about 18.00 CET)

yesterday I found out that some positions on my provider got closed from his MQL5 page, while my terminal had still the positions "open", i had to restart the terminal, and then it automatically closed the trades that were previously closed on the Signal provider.

No errors or whatsoever on the terminal journal, everything looked "perfectly working" 

On the VPS #2 with Signal provider #2 (this happened today 3rd June at about 10.00 CET)

There were positions opened on the Signal webpage of the Signal Provider I'm subscribed to, and I had no positions opened on my account, I checked the journal, there was no errors/nothing/everything was in "peace" like in "standby", no errors, nothing.

I restarted my MT5 terminal and it automatically synced the positions opened before by the Provider and now everything is in Sync again.

Basically i think that there has been a "desync" from Signal server yesterday, 2nd June, at around 6PM CET because one terminal closed a few positions in SYNC at about 17.57 CET, then everything got "stuck".

Actually I got "LUCKY" that i actually "lost" only some profits from this morning, but for sure it could have been much "worse".

I really hope for the future that developers put some redundancy / backup system on the Signal server. 

ohh, it seems I am not affected,   but I think developers should look at this very seriously and urgently, after all there is big money at risk

Terek:

ohh, it seems I am not affected,   but I think developers should look at this very seriously and urgently, after all there is big money at risk

Never happened to me either in many Months of usage of the platform.

First time ever it happens to me, but actually happened for sure to at least 3-4 friends that I share some forex stuff, but we have all different brokers/vps/signals and all of us got the same "bug" exactly yesterday with this de-sync from Signal server.

Luckily no loss for nobody but ..... "scary" thing is that everything looked up & running perfectly. Very luckily one of us discovered one desync yesterday, and this morning we found out the other de-syncs.

Maybe happened only to Signal server located close to London/Amsterdam , that is the one where me and the friends that got affected from the bug yesterday too, are connected, not sure I'm just speculating because not sure exactly how the Signal servers are managed 

Reason: