How is Agent PR Calculated?

Hello I am curious how the PR is calculated for the strategy tester agents. Anyone shed some light? 

Thanks

There is some information about PR (productivity index) on the first post of this thread: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/4652

MQL5 Cloud Network: Financial Operations Are Launched in Test Mode
MQL5 Cloud Network: Financial Operations Are Launched in Test Mode
  • www.mql5.com
We have taken a new step towards MQL5 Cloud Network and MQL5.community integration...

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

cores disappeared after updating the tester.

Renat Fatkhullin, 2020.07.30 18:43

We upgrade the cloud network every day, changing ratings and adjusting to experts.

Now, instead of pure PR, a complex formula is used that takes into account:

• PR - CPU performance
  • RAM size
  • free disk space
  • disk read speed
  • ping to the nearest cloud server
  • percentage of network losses

This made it possible to drastically reduce the latency from the fact that some tasks fell to openly inhibitory agents that delayed all calculations.

Three cloud servers in the USA, Germany and Russia are currently distributing tasks, which has significantly reduced network latency and accelerated data delivery. Some experts require replication of hundreds of gigabytes, and more than a terabyte for those who excel.

This is information which I collected in 2017 .. something should be changed since 2017 to now ... but anyway -

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

All (not yet) about Strategy Tester, Optimization and Cloud

Sergey Golubev, 2017.09.20 06:49

And this is something which may be important for example:

============

MetaTrader 5 Help → MQL5 Cloud Network → How to Participate - Restrictions of Participation on MQL5 Cloud Network 

There are several limitations of participation on MQL5 Cloud Network:

• An agent should have at least 768 MB of available physical memory to perform calculations.
  • To connect your agents to the MQL5 Cloud Network, the computer where the agents are installed must have at least 2048MB of RAM.
  • The agent's productivity index (PR) should not be less than 50.
  • Agents installed on a virtual machine cannot participate in MQL5 Cloud Network.
  • Agents having PR below 100 are not used in  genetic optimization in order not to slow down the calculation process. The reason is that the calculation is performed by generations (256 passes). While one generation is not calculated, calculation of the next one cannot start. Even if a single pass out of 256 ones is calculated by a low PR agent, the total calculation speed is reduced.
  • An agent will not be able to receive new tasks from the MQL5 Cloud Network if the free disk space on the computer where the agent is installed falls below 500MB.
  • Agents do not receive tasks from the cloud network in case the PC they are installed at is powered by a battery (it refers to laptops).

Curation Station:

Hello I am curious how the PR is calculated for the strategy tester agents. Anyone shed some light? 

Thanks

And I found something related in MT5 manual now:

MetaTrader 5 HelpMQL5 Cloud NetworkPrice Calculation
MetaTrader 5 Help
MetaTrader 5 Help
  • www.metatrader5.com
The Trading Platform is the trader's working tool, providing all the necessary features for a successful online trading. It includes trading...

I'm keen to find out why my new laptop only scores a PR rank of 60, not enough to process work...

I've added a new pc - laptop to my tester account:  13th Gen Intel Core i5-13420H, 16087MB DDR5 5200Mhz, 1TB M.2 SSD

Unfortunately, it seems to only score 60 in PR when an eight-year-old i5 laptop I have scores 135 PR and my tower pc scores 165 PR with an i7-12700

The laptop in question has 4 performance cores up to 4.6Ghz, 4 efficiency cores up to 3.4Ghz, 8 cores in total, and 12 threads plus a 12mb smart cache.

I'm dumbfounded as to why this $1900 AUD laptop scores so poorly in MT5 Strategy Tester Agents PR ratings.

If anyone can help or contribute this would be greatly appreciated.

The Fundamentals of Testing in MetaTrader 5
The Fundamentals of Testing in MetaTrader 5
  • www.mql5.com
What are the differences between the three modes of testing in MetaTrader 5, and what should be particularly looked for? How does the testing of an EA, trading simultaneously on multiple instruments, take place? When and how are the indicator values calculated during testing, and how are the events handled? How to synchronize the bars from different instruments during testing in an "open prices only" mode? This article aims to provide answers to these and many other questions.

Alfred Penny #:

I'm keen to find out why my new laptop only scores a PR rank of 60, not enough to process work...

I've added a new pc - laptop to my tester account:  13th Gen Intel Core i5-13420H, 16087MB DDR5 5200Mhz, 1TB M.2 SSD

Unfortunately, it seems to only score 60 in PR when an eight-year-old i5 laptop I have scores 135 PR and my tower pc scores 165 PR with an i7-12700

The laptop in question has 4 performance cores up to 4.6Ghz, 4 efficiency cores up to 3.4Ghz, 8 cores in total, and 12 threads plus a 12mb smart cache.

I'm dumbfounded as to why this $1900 AUD laptop scores so poorly in MT5 Strategy Tester Agents PR ratings.

maybe your wifi/network is crap? One of the things used in creating the score is Network losses.

Alfred Penny #:

It's your efficiency cores. Try disabling them and wait 24-36 hours for your PR rate to update and it should be higher. Since meta trader is a background service windows gives it low priority and defaults it to the efficiency cores. So your PR rate suffers. 

Douglas Peacock #:

It's your efficiency cores. Try disabling them and wait 24-36 hours for your PR rate to update and it should be higher. Since meta trader is a background service windows gives it low priority and defaults it to the efficiency cores. So your PR rate suffers. 

Thanks Douglas

I'm in the same boat.  12800hx (laptop) only shows 87 PR while older pc's are much higher.  An 8550u (laptop) @138 PR, a 3770 @144 PR, and a very old 2820qm (laptop) at 115.  I can't understand how a cpu from 2011 can have a higher PR than one from 2022, efficiency cores or not, which I have running at 3.4Ghz, same as the top frequency for the 2820qm which I never see it reach and it usually stays around 3.1Ghz.

I should have taken pictures but the first time I installed mt5 on the newest laptop it had a PR of around 190 but then dropped all the way down to 60 and now its seems to be stuck in the mid 80s

certainly seems weird to me but I have no idea

upgraded ram to 64gb and now my PR has dropped back to 64... PC/CPU consistantly gets  scores in the low 20k's in  Cinebench R23 but my PR is lower than my other PC (currently 152PR) that only scores 3600.  Support has no explanation and there seems to be no reason for the low PR but I give up.   Who knew a 3rd gen cpu would outperform a 12th gen by almost 2.5 times.
Reason: