Activation problems

As far as I am aware an activation is bound to my hardware and operating system. Thus I can use one activation per computer and install many instances on different terminals on that same computer.

I installed an indicator on the same PC, but on two different MT4 terminals without change in hardware or operating systems within about a month, but I now see it has taken another activation today... I should have 5 out of 7 left as I installed it on my Laptop firstly, then my Desktop.

I installed another instance today on the same Desktop, but now have 4 out 7 left... 

Kindly advise, any ideas?

about ideas why ...

As I know - if you are on Windows 10 so the activation system understands some Windows updates as new operating system ...

I subscribe to a signal. Everything seems  ok. But not catching his trades. Please advice.

Sergey Golubev:
about ideas why ...

As I know - if you are on Windows 10 so the activation system understands some Windows updates as new operating system ...

But that is terrible, so I should disable any windows updates? I think Metaquotes should rethink this whole activations issue, it is a huge pain i.t.a. or make 10 activations a minimum to avoid some of these issues... 

SpeedBug:

But that is terrible, so I should disable any windows updates? I think Metaquotes should rethink this whole activations issue, it is a huge pain i.t.a. or make 10 activations a minimum to avoid some of these issues... 

I do not know ... it is just an idea.
Because I was reading the threads that MQ is providing free additional activations in case of critical Windows 10 updates, you can read it here:

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Windows 10 October 2018 Update (version 1809) causes saved MetaTrader passwords to become invalid

MetaQuotes Software Corp., 2018.10.05 11:36

On October 02, Microsoft officially released a major update of their operating system, Windows 10 October 2018 Update (version 1809). This update affects configurations and encryption keys similar to the installation of a new Windows operating system.

In order to protect traders' information, the MetaTrader platform binds all data to the operating system and hardware of the computer, on which it is installed. This protection method ensures that even if platform files are stolen, hackers will not be able to connect to traders' accounts or use products purchased from the Market.

Unfortunately, after the installation of Windows 10 October 2018 Update (version 1809), all trading account passwords stored on your computer will become invalid. We highly recommend that you prepare for this release and save your passwords in a safe place, in order to be able to connect to your accounts after the update.

Also, due to the change of encryption keys, applications purchased from the Market will lose one activation, because all products are bound to the operating system. We have provided an additional activation for all products purchased from the Market regardless of the operating system, just like we provided activations after the previous release of Windows 10 April 2018 Update. Thus, MetaTrader Market users will not lose product activations after the installation of Windows 10 October 2018 Update (version 1809).

Activations of demo products will also be lost, so you will need to re-download such applications from the Market.

To understand why you missed one activation so it is neccesary to receive a lot of details from you ... so it is better that you can investigate it by yourself.

Sergey Golubev:

I do not know ... it is just an idea.
Because I was reading the threads that MQ is providing free additional activations in case of critical Windows 10 updates, you can read it here:

To understand why you missed one activation so it is neccesary to receive a lot of details from you ... so it is better that you can investigate it by yourself.

MQ in fact did add activations for the MS update.

However, the problem persists. After buying some products yesterday and activating them within seconds on the same computer but different brokers - 2 activations were deducted per time.

MQ does not allow this query direct with them and asked me to put it in the forum which is rubbish as it cannot be resolved here.

SpeedBug:

MQ in fact did add activations for the MS update.

However, the problem persists. After buying some products yesterday and activating them within seconds on the same computer but different brokers - 2 activations were deducted per time.

MQ does not allow this query direct with them and asked me to put it in the forum which is rubbish as it cannot be resolved here.

Two actications per two products?
One activation per one product per one computer per one OS.
And two products = two activations (to be deducted; one from each).

Sergey Golubev:

Two actications per two products?
One activation per one product per one computer per one OS.
And two products = two activations (to be deducted; one from each).

No Sergey, not two products. This occurs on a single product on a single machine. I am dead serious (and I am 38 years IT savvy before the days of any disk/memory storage, where a simple game took half a day to type into strange machine code to play for a couple of hours, then on to the next game..., but anyway IT user wise I am pretty much up there, no programming though..)

ONE PRODUCT activated on same machine (desktop) within a minute from each other on two MT4 installations (different brokers), TWO activations used. This was not unique for a particular product, had some old purchased (but not downloaded) and new purchased products. Again, TWO activations used on most of them PER PRODUCT, PER ONE PC. This occurred 5 out of 7 products. All installed within an hour.

Laptop, occurred less, but still happened 3 out of the 7 products. Same procedure, one product e.g. VJSniper on two MT4 installations, same machine, two activations. Next product e.g. SpreadInfo, only one activation used per machine for two MT4 installations.

My setup are standard Intel Win 10 machines (no MactoWin emulation, VPN, VPS or anything strange that could bring about a different Machine ID or Op system change flag. 

I just tested something, I installed another MT4 terminal with one of the above brokers (FXChoice), no problem whatsoever, all downloaded and added to MT4 without a deduction in activations, the same with another Thinkmarkets broker installation.

So, my conclusion is this:-

Somehow if a product is activated on MT4 on Broker A - One Activation. Same machine, but now it is installed on MT4 with another Broker B - another activation happens. If further installed on either Broker A or B thereafter, no problem. If Broker C is  added, possibly another activation.

But the biggest problem have with that is - IT DOES NOT HAPPEN ALL THE TIME, but about 50-80% of the time. As you know, Sergey, intermittent occurring problems are the most difficult ones to solve... I give up... I think I should just pick my broker, stay with them until either MQ hear my desperate cries through the grapevine, investigates my account with regards to activations, lists them for me which will prove that I indeed only used two PCs, one product and got 3 or 4 activations deducted PER ONE PRODUCT within even one day AND/OR wait for MS to mess up machine IDs through their encryption updates and score 1 or 2 activations a year...

Reason: